Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,625 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu (1363 Views)

Isaac Fayose Describes Ibadan As A Dead City, Asks If Oyo State Still Has Govern / Mimiko, Akeredolu Banter At Handing Over / Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by angeltolly(f): 4:22pm On Nov 29, 2016
The Ondo state Governor-elect, Rotimi Akeredolu has put to rest, fears or insinuations in some quarters that his government might take after the footsteps of the Buhari-led Federal government in probing the administration of Governor Olusegun Mimiko, following his election victory at the poll last Saturday.

Akeredolu who gave the clarification in Akure on Monday said that he was given a mandate to govern and not to probe past administrations.

The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, had on Sunday declared Akeredolu of the All Progressives Congress, APC, winner of the Saturday’s governorship election in the state after polling 244,842 votes to beat his closest rival, Eyitayo Jegede of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, who polled 150, 380 votes, while Mr Olusola Oke of the Alliance for Democracy, AD, followed with 126, 889 votes.

“What was beyond my imagination was the magnitude – the number of votes we scored vis-a-vis what two other contestants scored. I never believed that the margin would be that wide.

“I don’t believe in probes. What I believe in is that I’ve been given a mandate to govern the state and when I come into office I will face the task. “The past is the past and I am one person who believes that government is a continuum,” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/ondo-mandate-govern-not-probe-mimiko-akeredolu/

Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by lordimmaogidi(m): 4:26pm On Nov 29, 2016
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by Babacele: 4:53pm On Nov 29, 2016
story
Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:04pm On Nov 29, 2016
cool

Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by Produke(m): 5:06pm On Nov 29, 2016
angeltolly:
The Ondo state Governor-elect, Rotimi Akeredolu has put to rest, fears or insinuations in some quarters that his government might take after the footsteps of the Buhari-led Federal government in probing the administration of Governor Olusegun Mimiko, following his election victory at the poll last Saturday.

Akeredolu who gave the clarification in Akure on Monday said that he was given a mandate to govern and not to probe past administrations.

The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, had on Sunday declared Akeredolu of the All Progressives Congress, APC, winner of the Saturday’s governorship election in the state after polling 244,842 votes to beat his closest rival, Eyitayo Jegede of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, who polled 150, 380 votes, while Mr Olusola Oke of the Alliance for Democracy, AD, followed with 126, 889 votes.

“What was beyond my imagination was the magnitude – the number of votes we scored vis-a-vis what two other contestants scored. I never believed that the margin would be that wide.

“I don’t believe in probes. What I believe in is that I’ve been given a mandate to govern the state and when I come into office I will face the task. “The past is the past and I am one person who believes that government is a continuum,” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/ondo-mandate-govern-not-probe-mimiko-akeredolu/
Thats it! Unlike ur principal-Buhari who will leave work to play the blame game.

3 Likes

Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by angeltolly(f): 5:10pm On Nov 29, 2016
Produke:

Thats it! Unlike ur principal-Buhari who will leave work to play the blame game.

Yeah right! Let's wait and watch. I pray they don't infect him too
Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by Progressive01(m): 5:13pm On Nov 29, 2016
POLITICIANS!!!!!!! cheesycheesy
Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by shitjay: 5:24pm On Nov 29, 2016
You jst av to ovalook in order to achieve d targetted aim
Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by Frankiss44(m): 7:22pm On Nov 29, 2016
Sense pass sense my people
Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by Splinz(m): 7:36pm On Nov 29, 2016
That's a wise man talking. Apparently, this man has seen the fruitlessness of so-called probe by one man from Daura.
Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by Max24: 7:54pm On Nov 29, 2016
Is Akeredolu saying PMB didn't know what he was doing ? The President abandoned governance and went after unending probe and now we are in recession.
Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by elopee3000(m): 7:58pm On Nov 29, 2016
Babacele:
story
our inlaw nothing do u make sure our sister the first lady is in charge of any food u will put in ur mouth may chukwu okike abiama bless ur family

1 Like

Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by tinsel: 8:36pm On Nov 29, 2016
I am beginning to suspect that Mimiko
indirectly worked for Apc
Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by richidinho(m): 9:02pm On Nov 29, 2016
tinsel:

May you continue to suspect forever, amen

2 Likes

Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by pritykate(f): 9:06pm On Nov 29, 2016
Wise talk.. Hope Bubu heard this. No time to blame!!

1 Like

Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by seunny4lif(m): 12:28am On Nov 30, 2016
Baba come work
We voted for you to work like we did with Mimiko but that guy na scammer for life shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by Donshegxy10(m): 1:20am On Nov 30, 2016
time will tell. . . power is intoxicating though.
Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by jumobi1(m): 1:57am On Nov 30, 2016
Probing rationally is part of governing.
Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by Babacele: 5:26am On Dec 01, 2016
elopee3000:
our inlaw nothing do u make sure our sister the first lady is in charge of any food u will put in ur mouth may chukwu okike abiama bless ur family
Lola but I prefer you see yourself as a Nigeria rather than being tribal conscious. I am a Nigerian. are u?
Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by Babacele: 5:31am On Dec 01, 2016
tinsel:
from the APC primary till the gubernatorial, some people have been saying Mimiko secretly worked for Aketi. You know they are friends , and Aketi was even Mimiko's best man when he was engaging Kemi. Let us wait and see . Time will tell . I pray it isn't sooo cos Aketi should nt pay for Mimiko's sins. ehn.
Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by BrutalJab: 5:45am On Dec 01, 2016
Lobatan.
Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by ElectronicsGuy(m): 5:47am On Dec 01, 2016
Could it be as a result of emptiness of the brain?

For your generator power booster, call me.

For those using prepaid meter, it helps by reducing power consumption when using heating elements in half.

You can now use your pressing iron and other heating elements on your small generator.

Check my signature for my contact

Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by elopee3000(m): 7:14am On Dec 01, 2016
Babacele:
Lola but I prefer you see yourself as a Nigeria rather than being tribal conscious. Iam a Nigerian. are u?
am a nigrian but i want protect our inlaw first before i hear say one kind of bad news happen u know our inlaw is our son too

(1) (Reply)

Fresh Oil Spill Hits Ibeno Communities In Akwa Ibom / referadum:immigration should Check People Entering Biafra South East 5 States / Why Do Nigerians Love Themselves More Outside Of Nigeria Than In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.