Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Ladies, How Would You React To This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies, How Would You React To This? (2125 Views)

Ladies: How True Is This? (photo) / How Would You React If Your Newly Married Wife Told You This / How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, How Would You React To This? by hentee: 1:56pm On Oct 18, 2009
Can u take it when a brother in law who is just visiting goes to your pot of soup to dish out soup without ur permission. not minding ur in d house. How will you feel? the floor is open for contributions,
Re: Ladies, How Would You React To This? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 18, 2009
It's just a f*ing pot of soup.
Re: Ladies, How Would You React To This? by Shola2009(m): 2:16pm On Oct 18, 2009
^^ exactly!!!! arggh!! angry angry
Re: Ladies, How Would You React To This? by AgoT: 2:24pm On Oct 18, 2009
wont notice it in d first place shocked. he's ur bro in law 4 christ sakes,
Re: Ladies, How Would You React To This? by 2Legit2Qui: 2:26pm On Oct 18, 2009
it is a pot of soup, if you dont want anyone touching it, keep it in your room, or put a label on it. the poor man was just doing you a favour by not stressing you to come serve him, i am sure if he asks u to serve him, you will still complain.
Re: Ladies, How Would You React To This? by Shola2009(m): 3:01pm On Oct 18, 2009
it is a pot of soup, if you dont want anyone touching it, keep it in your room, or put a label on it. the poor man was just doing you a favour by not stressing you to come serve him, i am sure if he asks u to serve him, you will still complain.
lol, grin or find a way to paddlock on ur pots!!
Re: Ladies, How Would You React To This? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 18, 2009
Re: Ladies, How Would You React To This? by MrCrackles(m): 4:14pm On Oct 18, 2009
chaircover:

It depends on the relationship you have with your brother-in-law.

As for me, I will be very happy. . . . It saves me having to get up to serve him grin

Chill . . . . . Its only a pot of soup.
NICE! grin
Re: Ladies, How Would You React To This? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 18, 2009
Re: Ladies, How Would You React To This? by Outstrip(f): 8:02pm On Oct 18, 2009
I think it depends. If she does not get along with the in law and he is doing it to be disrespectful then it is just wrong. Otherwise it is just a pot of soup. Also will they let her do it in their own home? Some families see this as a big deal so we should consider that. In some families it is almost like helping yourself to someones husband.
Re: Ladies, How Would You React To This? by rubi(f): 9:33pm On Oct 18, 2009
I know it is just pot of soup but maybe the soup was reserved for other purpose maybe mapped out to be eaten another day. The bother -in-law would have asked first to know if the woman is comfortable with it not everyone is sha but ignore him before little thing like this excalate to something else
Re: Ladies, How Would You React To This? by Sissy3(f): 12:47am On Oct 19, 2009
its definitely weird for him to just straight into my kitchen and direct inside my pot of soup but it all depends on my re/ship with him.
Re: Ladies, How Would You React To This? by benedictac(f): 9:16am On Oct 19, 2009
Nobody goes into my pot

If that happens i will just give him/her a strong warning and if he/she tries it again, they are out of my house
Re: Ladies, How Would You React To This? by debest1(m): 10:24am On Oct 19, 2009
brother-in-law or not he should be showing respect to the woman by asking to be served. I know its just a pot of soup/stew and would probably not make a fuss over it but wont be happy either if this becomes a trend
Re: Ladies, How Would You React To This? by WhiteOne(f): 11:04am On Oct 19, 2009
Is it not the job of the ladies of the house to ask visitors with they would like to eat and to drink?
Is the brother junior or senior to you husband?
If it is a child or a teen than she or he must ask aunty naturally
Re: Ladies, How Would You React To This? by debest1(m): 11:09am On Oct 19, 2009
WhiteOne:

Is it not the job of the ladies of the house to ask visitors with they would like to eat and to drink?
Is the brother junior or senior to you husband?
If it is a child or a teen than she or he must ask aunty naturally
of course it is, but i'm sure you know there could be a number of reason why she may not have asked before his action, i.e. if she was busy with something else, and the man is so hungry he cant just wait. Personally i wont do that in my brother's house, and would have politely asked her for food,
Re: Ladies, How Would You React To This? by WhiteOne(f): 11:18am On Oct 19, 2009
What reasons could the woman of the house have not to greet her visitors properly?
Where did this thing happend? Nigeria, USA or Europe?

Mostly a womann is not alone in the house, you can sent your kids to warm the food or you can sent somebody to buy food, if you do not have it ready, if it very bad you can offer tuna and bread, but not not offering something?!

Or does the brother eat with you to save his own money and does only take advantage of you? Than talk to your husband ASAP!
Re: Ladies, How Would You React To This? by debest1(m): 11:25am On Oct 19, 2009
WhiteOne:

What reasons could the woman of the house have not to greet her visitors properly?

the poster never said anything about not greeting properly did he? so if the woman is feeding her suckling she should drop the child and go and fix the brother-in-law's food abi? There could be a no of reason, i.e. she is cleaning the house, washing, bathing, the guy if he's that hungry should either go to his house, use a restaurant or be polite and wait to be served.
Re: Ladies, How Would You React To This? by WhiteOne(f): 11:35am On Oct 19, 2009
Cleaing or washing the cloths! is no reasons for me.

If you feed you baby under one - OK - far enough
If you are in the shower, OK - far enogh
If you are on the phone - say you call back and attend to your gast.

If you rash to work, OK - good one - no one will say something.

Greeting and offering  for food or refreshment goes and in hand for me.

My grandmother always asked anyboby who came to her house - How are you? How was your trip? How is your family and your buniness, what can I offer you? And she is still doing this now a days and granny is over 80.
Re: Ladies, How Would You React To This? by hentee: 11:47am On Oct 19, 2009
Let me analyse it well people, My younger cousin came 4a visit 2my house. Him and my wife aint close at all. we all went to church including d visitor(cousin) but the latter came back b4 us. when we got home we saw him eating yam n stew which means he cooked d yam himself n dished out of my wife's pot of stew. my wife was so angry that he wanted to confront him but i asked her nt to that i will do dat myself which i did not. Back to the question ladies, how will your reactions b. it will help me address the issue well (very funny but i have to do this cos there some things we men neglects that really matters.)
Re: Ladies, How Would You React To This? by debest1(m): 12:03pm On Oct 19, 2009
hentee:

Let me analyse it well people, My younger cousin came 4a visit 2my house. Him and my wife aint close at all. we all went to church including d visitor(cousin) but the latter came back b4 us. when we got home we saw him eating yam n stew which means he cooked d yam himself n dished out of my wife's pot of stew. my wife was so angry that he wanted to confront him but i asked her nt to that i will do dat myself which i did not. Back to the question ladies, how will your reactions b. it will help me address the issue well (very funny but i have to do this cos there some things we men neglects that really matters.)
Lol, the guy was hungry ooooooo. In this case i feel he should have waited for you everyone to return and let the Mrs do the cooking for the whole house, this is unacceptable and i understand why your wife should be angry. At the end of the day, the cousin is a guest in the house and needs to behave accordingly
Re: Ladies, How Would You React To This? by WhiteOne(f): 12:07pm On Oct 19, 2009
Is your cousion younger than you and your wife?
Did the cousin had your phone number and could he had calles you before comming or texting you wail cooking?

What do you mean you where on your way to church? Everybody were dressed up and ready to go?

Still he came to you house, he was a vistor and Jesus even tell so to welcome people and share wiht them our food and drink.
Is n t it? What happend when Jesus feed the 4, 000?

I, as a wife, will not be happy if i am back form church and my food was finished, but i have to ask myself, Why, How and does it is ready so bad?

You as the man of the house, did not deal well with this matter, you as the head of the familie should have told your cousion it was not nice what he did and he did not show respect for you family with taking or eating something with out asking and he should buy a new yam next time, when visiting. And you as the man of the family should calm you wife now and tell her did you do your own job, did you ask or why now she is so furious.
Re: Ladies, How Would You React To This? by WhiteOne(f): 12:12pm On Oct 19, 2009
@ debest1 (m) - Nigerian Chruch and traffic - be honest this might take up to 6 hours.
Re: Ladies, How Would You React To This? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 19, 2009
Re: Ladies, How Would You React To This? by Shola2009(m): 12:54pm On Oct 19, 2009
^^ well said!
Re: Ladies, How Would You React To This? by Outstrip(f): 4:25pm On Oct 19, 2009
Eyaaaaa LOL. Bros was hungry. He meant no harm. It is obvious that that is how he had it growing up and your wife has a different idea of it. You need to have a talk with your hungry cousin.
Re: Ladies, How Would You React To This? by Fhemmmy: 4:43pm On Oct 19, 2009
Depends on how close you guys are.
However, it is just a pot of soup and what is the big deal?
I guess u wont even want him to move past his line on the chair he is sitting.
Re: Ladies, How Would You React To This? by agathamari(f): 5:58pm On Oct 19, 2009
th problem is what? cause he served him self without disterbing you? so what if he washed the dishess later? would you have a cow then too?
Re: Ladies, How Would You React To This? by agathamari(f): 6:11pm On Oct 19, 2009
did she ever say he just came in the door or he was there already for some hours/days.  she said visiting never said duration
WhiteOne:

Mostly a womann is not alone in the house, you can sent your kids to warm the food or you can sent somebody to buy food, if you do not have it ready, if it very bad you can offer tuna and bread, but not not offering something?!

Or does the brother eat with you to save his own money and does only take advantage of you? Than talk to your husband ASAP!

Re: Ladies, How Would You React To This? by cenzo(m): 12:11am On Oct 20, 2009
"no soup for you"
Re: Ladies, How Would You React To This? by mamaput(f): 7:33pm On Oct 20, 2009
its not wort the trouble that can come out of it if you make it an issue .
Re: Ladies, How Would You React To This? by Fhemmmy: 7:42pm On Oct 20, 2009
mamaput:

its not wort the trouble that can come out of it if you make it an issue .

tell her oh.
It is just food
I sure people like this will not mind, if it was their own broda

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cheating On Your Spouse, Please What Does It Mean? / Pls Help I Dnt Knw What To Do / My Roommate's Mother Just Found Out He's Gay.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.