Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,969 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Hello PHP Dev, If You're To Dump PHP What Language Will You Adopt? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Hello PHP Dev, If You're To Dump PHP What Language Will You Adopt? (4310 Views)

What Is The Longest Line Of Code You Have Written And In What Language / What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently / What Programming Language Will Do This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hello PHP Dev, If You're To Dump PHP What Language Will You Adopt? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 08, 2016
VenantCode:
Go, Erlang, python and Nodejs are what i'm currently looking at. Php will always be there for the little little hacks and quick cash.
Nice one...
Re: Hello PHP Dev, If You're To Dump PHP What Language Will You Adopt? by foldl: 4:43pm On Oct 08, 2016
ladiguy:

Its a language own by microsoft .and u should know microsoft saftware is widely used accross the globe .

C# is a powerful language in it's right but basing your choice on Microsoft alone is not wise. Behemoth corporations do fall and smaller startups rise to take their place every now and then. You might be surprised to find that Microsoft isn't as popular as you think, especially as a deployment platform. More enterprise services, cloud platforms and applications are built and hosted on open source technologies than on windows.

1 Like

Re: Hello PHP Dev, If You're To Dump PHP What Language Will You Adopt? by Craigston: 9:37pm On Oct 08, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

This is a whole lot on your list, you're literally "sudo apt-get upgrade"ing your brain. Good luck, bright future ahead.
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade.
I hope the future stays bright. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Hello PHP Dev, If You're To Dump PHP What Language Will You Adopt? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 08, 2016
Craigston:
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade. I hope the future stays bright. Thanks.
You may want to accept the upgrade by default: sudo apt-get -y dist-upgrade. You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: Hello PHP Dev, If You're To Dump PHP What Language Will You Adopt? by DharkPoet(m): 11:31pm On Oct 08, 2016
For me after PHP, Python - extensibility, and huge number of tools in case I decide to finally go into AI, Javascript + MEAN stack for the buzz, I'd find a place it would fit in finally, then C# and/or Java, incase I find myself in a white collar environment.

Hell, why should I be rushing sef? Still pretty much new in PHP(Not started OOP yet). I want to take my time to master PHP, probably use it as a yardstick for other languages.

2 Likes

Re: Hello PHP Dev, If You're To Dump PHP What Language Will You Adopt? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 10, 2016
If am dumping PHP I would go with Java,Golang
Re: Hello PHP Dev, If You're To Dump PHP What Language Will You Adopt? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 10, 2016
VenantCode:
Go, Erlang, python and Nodejs are what i'm currently looking at. Php will always be there for the little little hacks and quick cash.
Spoken like a true Nigerian. PHP puts quick cash in pocket but don't count on it for bigger things. Forget Node and go with go. Node Dev is depressing thanks too all this idiots making node modules dependencies too much
Re: Hello PHP Dev, If You're To Dump PHP What Language Will You Adopt? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 10, 2016
pcguru1:

Spoken like a true Nigerian. PHP puts quick cash in pocket but don't count on it for bigger things. Forget Node and go with go. Node Dev is depressing thanks too all this idiots making node modules dependencies too much
and that is my greatest problem with NODE.
Re: Hello PHP Dev, If You're To Dump PHP What Language Will You Adopt? by VenantCode(m): 8:13pm On Oct 10, 2016
pcguru1:

That's a real bad side to npm but one can at least try to avoid that 90% by using only trusted packages and not being lazy to write things yourself. You seem interested in Go, what's your experience with it?
Re: Hello PHP Dev, If You're To Dump PHP What Language Will You Adopt? by stack1(m): 3:01pm On Oct 18, 2016
Wow, been a while, this recession hard o, anyway I would go back to just C/C++ CGI scripts, am not too down with nodejs cuz even on the client I have performance issues with JS, python/Csharp I no know den at all

1 Like

Re: Hello PHP Dev, If You're To Dump PHP What Language Will You Adopt? by Craigston: 8:21pm On Oct 21, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

You may want to accept the upgrade by default:
sudo apt-get -y dist-upgrade.
You're welcome.
Yea. C++ this semester so I've got some titles (one hard copy, the rest as soft copies) to learn with.
My ebook library has gotten huge from the initial hunt for good resources. After organising them into groups, it's time to learn.

1 Like

Re: Hello PHP Dev, If You're To Dump PHP What Language Will You Adopt? by Nobody: 4:46am On Dec 19, 2016
Craigston:

Yea. C++ this semester so I've got some titles (one hard copy, the rest as soft copies) to learn with.
My ebook library has gotten huge from the initial hunt for good resources. After organising them into groups, it's time to learn.
Bon Voyage my friend.

1 Like

Re: Hello PHP Dev, If You're To Dump PHP What Language Will You Adopt? by micodon(m): 7:49am On Dec 21, 2016
Use the right tools for the job. Can't just dump PHP. I love Go.. But would I build a blog with it? Not in this lifetime!! PHP was my first love... Would I build a real time app with it? Never!! Nodejs is jus there... Would I build a CPU intensive job with it... I don't think so.. I'm not gonna ditch PHP... ill just use it where it's most suited for. Short lived Web pages
Re: Hello PHP Dev, If You're To Dump PHP What Language Will You Adopt? by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 21, 2016
^^^You can build a CPU intensive app, but your skills have to be extra-solid for you to do this - or you will just kill both yourself and poor CPU in the process.
Re: Hello PHP Dev, If You're To Dump PHP What Language Will You Adopt? by Haykinz18: 5:41pm On Dec 21, 2016
I will definitely switch to node.js.

NOTE: I already shifted and i'm comfortable building websites with nodejs.

1 Like

Re: Hello PHP Dev, If You're To Dump PHP What Language Will You Adopt? by mcqwerty(m): 11:36am On Dec 27, 2016
I had barely mastered PHP before my firm moved me into Digital marketing. Some where deep down, i feel i still need to master Core PHP. Currently am learning Python (for Data analysis & PenTesting) and because i like the idea of working with Google one day! grin
Re: Hello PHP Dev, If You're To Dump PHP What Language Will You Adopt? by nsimageorge(m): 4:31am On Jun 14, 2017
DanielTheGeek:

Thumbs up and goodluck (You'd need it).

I see what you did there... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Hello PHP Dev, If You're To Dump PHP What Language Will You Adopt? by nsimageorge(m): 4:39am On Jun 14, 2017
For me it would be something totally not web dependent. Maybe Go. But why would anyone dump PHP?
Re: Hello PHP Dev, If You're To Dump PHP What Language Will You Adopt? by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 14, 2017
DanielTheGeek:
Personally, If I'm to totally dump PHP, some of you already know NodeJS will replace it full time on my list, but after scraping NodeJS into my brain, I found Scala and saw the wonderful things the language has got to offer since it's also JVM based. Multi-threading in Scala is pretty awesome and the language has a less verbose syntax compared to it's uncle - Java.

So now I have also picked up Scala (Still learning) and plan to advance to Go by mid 2017.

Are you planning to leave PHP and the entire programming world?:
<?php
exit() ;
?>

Or you're planning to switch another language:
<?php
switch (PHP) {
case "{new_language}":
sleep(PHP) ;
start(new_language) ;
}
?>
Talk about it, and if none of the above, then I'd like to know whether you're very comfortable with PHP or the issues you have with the language.
For me: Python Django

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Web Development Isn't Lucrative Anymore. / My Squid Server Is Problem Please Give Me New Configuration / A Java J2me Application Developed By A Nigerian U Need To Have(must)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.