Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe (17504 Views)

Illegal Dollar Evacuation To Dubai Threatens Naira Stability-gwadabe / Naira Depreciates To N375/$ In Parallel Market / Naira Falls To N345/$ In Parallel Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe by EternalBeing: 6:58am On Oct 08, 2016
cool
Re: Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe by goodnews777: 6:58am On Oct 08, 2016
989900:
Alhaji Aminu Gwadabe, President, Association of Bureau de Change Operators of Nigeria (ABCON), on Friday said it was illegal for his members to sell a dollar above N356.

Gwadabe made the disclosure in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos.

He said that the sale of dollar by Travelex to BDCs was already impacting positively on the market as the Naira had sustained gains at the major segments of the foreign exchange market.

He said that as at 4 p.m. on Friday, Travelex had sold 15, 000 dollars each to no fewer than 1,000 BDCs and that the sale was ongoing, adding that “last week, it sold 10,000 dollars each to about 850 BDCs.

“Any BDCs selling above N356 to a dollar is an infraction on our agreement and should be reported to the association or law enforcement agents for appropriate sanctions.’’

Gwadabe said that to ensure transparency in dollar sales, ABCON had advised their customers to ensure that the rate at which they bought foreign exchange was stamped on their travelling document.

NAN reports that since the resumption in the sale of foreign currencies by Travelex, a licensed International Money Transfer Organisation (IMTO), the naira had been on a path of recovery.

The currency had been appreciating at the three major segments of the foreign exchange market, a development that has raised the hope of many Nigerians.

Did I hear you say this man is the leader of association of drunks in Nigeria?
Otherwise why would he be writing this uninformed piece? For misleading the public he should be arrested. Folks like this will ruin Buhari s government .

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/selling-dollar-n356-parallel-market-illegal-gwadabe/
Re: Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe by fr3do(m): 6:59am On Oct 08, 2016
You can't dictate to me how to sell my dollars, thats not how trade works.

3 Likes

Re: Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe by seunlayi(m): 7:00am On Oct 08, 2016
Irú ìjọba ẹlẹ́jọ́ wo ni yi? Ṣé wọn tí fi ejò sẹ́ ẹ̀jẹ̀ fún yín ní? Efi ọdún kan àti abo ro ẹjọ́. Ẹjọ́ lari kò sì action

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe by Philinho(m): 7:03am On Oct 08, 2016
but subsidising at 197 to those going to mecca is not illegal ,.Buhari allowed his cabals to trade on forex turning them to billionaires. it's not illegal

6 Likes

Re: Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe by 989900: 7:07am On Oct 08, 2016
BUHARIISCURSED:

[s]who sold Wailer's form to this dude, that person should be castratated[/s]
Re: Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe by Alal(m): 7:17am On Oct 08, 2016
pls tell him to come to the international airport where it is sold for 460.

2 Likes

Re: Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe by Magnitki: 7:19am On Oct 08, 2016
bobo65:
Pls let this be true

Well this is Naija, sum bastardz will just buy everything up and start hoarding

Enemies of progress dem, I dunno y God made them rich

Most of them are not rich. They are thieves of our common wealth.
Re: Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe by stankezzy: 7:21am On Oct 08, 2016
See our economy

Re: Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe by AleAirHub(m): 7:27am On Oct 08, 2016
This man must be on under influence of WEED. Please i need that weed this morning tongue
Re: Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe by Gudfrie(m): 7:28am On Oct 08, 2016
989900:
Alhaji Aminu Gwadabe, President, Association of Bureau de Change Operators of Nigeria (ABCON), on Friday said it was illegal for his members to sell a dollar above N356.

Gwadabe made the disclosure in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos.

He said that the sale of dollar by Travelex to BDCs was already impacting positively on the market as the Naira had sustained gains at the major segments of the foreign exchange market.

He said that as at 4 p.m. on Friday, Travelex had sold 15, 000 dollars each to no fewer than 1,000 BDCs and that the sale was ongoing, adding that “last week, it sold 10,000 dollars each to about 850 BDCs.

“Any BDCs selling above N356 to a dollar is an infraction on our agreement and should be reported to the association or law enforcement agents for appropriate sanctions.’’

Gwadabe said that to ensure transparency in dollar sales, ABCON had advised their customers to ensure that the rate at which they bought foreign exchange was stamped on their travelling document.

NAN reports that since the resumption in the sale of foreign currencies by Travelex, a licensed International Money Transfer Organisation (IMTO), the naira had been on a path of recovery.

The currency had been appreciating at the three major segments of the foreign exchange market, a development that has raised the hope of many Nigerians.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/selling-dollar-n356-parallel-market-illegal-gwadabe/
HmmM I pray ooooooo
Re: Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe by wristbangle: 7:32am On Oct 08, 2016
BUHARIISCURSED:

what is this man saying ?

Na wao! Na so u hate madam modath reach? grin
Re: Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe by Miles300: 7:33am On Oct 08, 2016
This is one area the govt and Cbn has been over looking , if banks buys dollar at the interbank fx at 310 or there about wats the rationale behind it selling to customers at 400 .. That's corruption in it's self . Which govt sit back nd watch banks make massive profit from customers ...? Accept the govt Has a hand in it... Banks should be regulated that's why we av the Cbn in the first place

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe by teemy(m): 7:35am On Oct 08, 2016
take note he said it is illegal 'now' since travelex is now providing them at cbn rates compared to when they had to source dollars by themselves. logically most would keep old rates till they sell their past holdings. but banks sha have no excuse.

2 Likes

Re: Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe by hopilo: 7:36am On Oct 08, 2016
Return dollar back to 240 Naira as handed over to you.

1 Like

Re: Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe by tonyflash43(m): 7:37am On Oct 08, 2016
Abeg no vex, hw much be dollar now, talk fast i won go shit.
Re: Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe by linsa01(m): 7:37am On Oct 08, 2016
selling dollar above N1 in parallel market is illegal and unacceptable. #fallingcountry

1 Like

Re: Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe by Smooyis(m): 7:49am On Oct 08, 2016
Allow naira to have its real value. Government should hands-off issue of releasing dollars to augment dollars in circulation. It's the greatest fraud.
Re: Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe by HomeOfMe(f): 7:50am On Oct 08, 2016
989900:

Above #200 is illegal.
Re: Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe by HomeOfMe(f): 7:50am On Oct 08, 2016
989900:

Above #300 is illegal.
Re: Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe by zest17(m): 7:58am On Oct 08, 2016
Hw dollar take epp me for New Benin market. Nxt topic jareeeee.
Re: Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe by jennyebi(f): 8:00am On Oct 08, 2016
story
Re: Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe by MrTour: 8:04am On Oct 08, 2016
Nigerians and dollar !!!

I asked a girl who sells sugarcane "How much is your sugarcane", she said its now N150. I was like haba its N100 I usually buy. She said dollar has gone up.

I was shocked, what is the relationship between a locally made fruit and dollar. As much as people may try to defend the seller in terms of using imported fertilizer. The truth is that an average Nigerian who sell goods or services will extort you due to the dwindling nature of the economy.
Re: Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe by Femich18(m): 8:07am On Oct 08, 2016
trishapal:
Just the same way Lagos State government said it's illegal for Landlords to demand for 2 years rent. Such provisions can never hold any water.
why will it hold water...na dem build .my house for me?
Re: Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe by uzolexis(f): 8:13am On Oct 08, 2016
MrTour:
Nigerians and dollar !!!

I asked a girl who sells sugarcane "How much is your sugarcane", she said its now N150. I was like haba its N100 I usually buy. She said dollar has gone up.

I was shocked, what is the relationship between a locally made fruit and dollar. As much as people may try to defend the seller in terms of using imported fertilizer. The truth is that an average Nigerian who sell goods or services will extort you due to the dwindling nature of the economy.

She is affected because we are mostly an importing nation and the increase in the value of dollars has lead to increase in the price of goods which she consumes.N100 can no longer buy for her what it used to buy before and she still has to make ends meet.

3 Likes

Re: Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe by cindyrocks(f): 8:23am On Oct 08, 2016
How much are they buying?

So they should buy @ N480 and sell at N350?
Re: Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe by Efewestern: 8:30am On Oct 08, 2016
Clone2020:
If you want to send money to relatives in Nigeria, I will buy your dollars at the rate of N400/$ while you deposit into my US bank account. Don't even bother with western union and co, they exchange for 330/$ plus fees and delays.

All transactions are done within 1 minute.

Call or whatsapp, see contact in signature

do you accept PayPal payment ?..
Re: Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe by exceltech: 8:30am On Oct 08, 2016
Miles300:
This is one area the govt and Cbn has been over looking , if banks buys dollar at the interbank fx at 310 or there about wats the rationale behind it selling to customers at 400 .. That's corruption in it's self . Which govt sit back nd watch banks make massive profit from customers ...? Accept the govt Has a hand in it... Banks should be regulated that's why we av the Cbn in the first place

The CBN is not ignorant of this practise, I think there is a silent
agreement between banks and CBN on the rate the banks could
sell.
If Banks can charge #420/dollar for online transactions , it is impossible that BDCs
will sell dollar cash for #356.

1 Like

Re: Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe by Bethelwealthy(m): 8:34am On Oct 08, 2016
as if he charges #200 undecided
These are the smellos and mallos that keep manipulating and bastardizing our currency, zealously overbribing CBN and controlling the price with finger snaps...............
Re: Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe by bettercreature(m): 8:34am On Oct 08, 2016
exceltech:

The CBN is not ignorant of this practise, I think there is a silent
agreement between banks and CBN on the rate the banks could
sell.
If Banks can charge #420/dollar for online transactions , it is impossible that BDCs
will sell dollar cash for #356.
All the bank rates will crash in coming days you guys should be patient
I see dollar back to 200 naira if travelex can sustain this policy for 6 months by injecting 450million dollars to Nigerias black market every week

1 Like

Re: Selling Dollar Above N356 In Parallel Market Illegal – Gwadabe by Exponental(m): 8:42am On Oct 08, 2016
Tell that to those printing the fake

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Data Shows CBN Not Defending Naira With FX Reserves - Businessday / How To Withdraw Your Paypal Funds,receive Paypal In Nigerian Bank Account / Avoid Loan Sharks, Leverage On Microfinance Banks, Emefiele Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.