Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,149 members, 7,953,537 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:27 PM

Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos (2367 Views)

Tinubu Saga : Buhari Meets With John Oyegun In Aso Rock Today(photos) / Melaye And Tinubu Saga: He Who Has No Sin, Let Him Cast The First Stone / Dino Melaye Dares His "Haters" As Lands In Lagos Following Tinubu Saga. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos by Connoisseur(m): 9:09pm On Oct 07, 2016
My hopes were rekindled when news broke of the apparent rift in the ruling All Progressives Congress.

Even though I supported the APC in the last elections, it came as a welcome news that at least something was happening to keep the party on its toes given that the PDP, APGA and other parties could not offer any semblance of credible opposition to the party. At least this time, they'd have to watch their backs in the course of running our affairs.

I was happy the rift is between a heavyweight and battle tested veteran in the person of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu. What I didnt expect was the rallying call by elders and leaders of Yoruba origin coming to the defense of an erstwhile 'prodigal' brother.

Fayose's defence of Tinubu came as a huge surprise to me because I don't think I would live to see the day he would say some positive thing about the Jagaban.
Even though I believe their accolades are part of a grand scheme to cause distrust and disintegration of the ruling party, it also points to the progressive mind and political acumen of the Yoruba race. When this is over, they might achieve their intentions which is luring Tinubu out of the APC. Even if they don't, they would have sent a clear message that an insult to one is an insult to all.

This brings me to the subject of this piece, anyone with an imagination could conjure what the scenario would be if BAT were an Igbo son. He would have been made the subject of mockery by his brothers. Ohaneze would have taken a full page advertorial to mock him. Others would be scheming to replace him in the scheme of things. Even though the 'I told you so' happened in this case, it was minimal and everyone is rallying round him in the end.

Politics 101 for us the Igbo.

Afam bu Chinonso, achorom ka anyi muta ihe ndia

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 07, 2016
Nonsense undecided

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos by Connoisseur(m): 9:13pm On Oct 07, 2016
ANAMBRA11:
Nonsense undecided

Would you mind to explain why it is

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos by naijareferee: 9:18pm On Oct 07, 2016
Lesson for the igbos? You must be a joke.
Has the igbo ever deserted a person they did not warn...
Was ojukwu deserted...
Igbos are known the this proverb.... A stubborn fly ends up in the cooking pot or ukpalla upuku buru bu owu nti buru ya...
So its not in our culture to betray your own without repercutions... Infact we are not know for betrayals....period

15 Likes

Re: Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos by Connoisseur(m): 9:31pm On Oct 07, 2016
naijareferee:
Lesson for the igbos? You must be a joke.
Has the igbo ever deserted a person they did not warn...
Was ojukwu deserted...

Igbos are known the this proverb.... A stubborn fly ends up in the cooking pot or ukpalla upuku buru bu owu nti buru ya...
So its not in our culture to betray your own without repercutions... Infact we are not know for betrayals....period

Very important question @bolded
Tinubu was warned against fraternising with the north. Now that the chips are down, his brothers are coming to his rescue. Because they recognize that an insult to him affects them in the long run.

That's the lesson bro

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos by kcnwaigbo: 9:32pm On Oct 07, 2016
Which stupid lesson? To go into alliance with an illiterate and end up been used and dumped? You are deluded

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos by babyfaceafrica: 9:34pm On Oct 07, 2016
Okay ,hope they hear
Re: Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos by Connoisseur(m): 9:36pm On Oct 07, 2016
kcnwaigbo:
Which stupid lesson? To go into alliance with an illiterate and end up been used and dumped? You are deluded

Exactly my point.

Now watch happens in the coming days.
If APC is half as smart as I think, efforts would be made to address this saga and pretend to give Tinubu his due.

I just wish for their sakes that much water hasn't gone under the bridge by then.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos by kcnwaigbo: 9:40pm On Oct 07, 2016
Connoisseur:

Exactly my point.

Now watch happens in the coming days.
If APC is half as smart as I think, efforts would be made to address this saga and pretend to give Tinubu his due.

I just wish for their sakes that much water hasn't gone under the bridge by then.
Tinubu has been used and dumped. Live with it

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos by Connoisseur(m): 9:42pm On Oct 07, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Anyone who believes this is a novice

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos by EasternPride: 9:48pm On Oct 07, 2016
Crap reasoning, crap points, crap advice, crap personality.

We don't betray our people, and we don't support anyone who betrays our people.

Tinubu has been shown how not to get into bed of politics with Fulani men, there is nothing positive to learn about it, Tinubu as a typical afonja has been used and dumped because of his treachery, let him deal with it.

Long live!!!

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos by Alexk2(m): 9:55pm On Oct 07, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

I didn't dig either PDP or APC cos as for me, the actors are all of same idiolody and orientation but this your statement is laughable my Bro.....you must be one of those who conclude that it was an end for OBJ when GEJ turned his back on him.
What is happening now might just be a stepping stone for Tinubu unless God say otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos by olaric(m): 9:56pm On Oct 07, 2016
Igbos hate the truth; what a pity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos by naijareferee: 9:59pm On Oct 07, 2016
Connoisseur:

Very important question @bolded
Tinubu was warned against fraternising with the north. Now that the chips are down, his brothers are coming to his rescue. Because they recognize that an insult to him affects them in the long run.

That's the lesson bro

as if you didnt see the proverbs and also an insult to one igbo is not an insult to all... Maka na eze di be onye.... Thats is the igbo culture... We help our own... But one who wants to dance to surugede is reminded that surugede is the dance of the spirit... So bro... The yorubas are only saving face... We support our own who harkens to wise consel not an agavu...or efulefu

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos by Connoisseur(m): 10:00pm On Oct 07, 2016
EasternPride:
Crap reasoning, crap points, crap advice, crap personality.

We don't betray our people, and we don't support anyone who betrays our people.

Tinubu has been shown how not to get into bed of politics with Fulani men, there is nothing positive to learn about it, Tinubu as a typical afonja has been used and dumped because of his treachery, let him deal with it.

Long live!!!

This is exactly why we succeed in every field of human endeavor apart from politics

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos by sarrki(m): 10:05pm On Oct 07, 2016
Nice one op

They will come for you soon

We will stand with Jagaban no matter what
Re: Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos by steppin: 10:07pm On Oct 07, 2016
Lesson to Igbo abi Yorubas?
Tinubu na Igbo man?

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos by chadwickcollins(m): 10:12pm On Oct 07, 2016
who the post this rubbish, wetin concern tinubu and igbo people

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos by Connoisseur(m): 10:13pm On Oct 07, 2016
steppin:
Lesson to Igbo abi Yorubas?
Tinubu na Igbo man?

If you can't draw inference here, then it's not my fault you are where you are
Re: Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos by sarrki(m): 10:22pm On Oct 07, 2016
chadwickcollins:
who the post this rubbish, wetin concern tinubu and igbo people

Read before you post bro
Re: Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos by steppin: 10:23pm On Oct 07, 2016
Connoisseur:

If you can't draw inference here, then it's not my fault you are where you are
Story creating useless threads that could lead to a tribal fight. Sarrki is already circling this thread like a vulture. grin
Speaking Igbo at the end of your first post won't change anything.
Leave Yorubas to mourn their fallen. grin

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos by ASL33: 10:27pm On Oct 07, 2016
-@ Op, Agwa nti, nti nti ga anu egburu isi hara nti akwuru laa.

Op if you are igbo go and reminiscence on the above. For everything that will happen in this world igbo get an proverb for it.

If my brother is hub-numbing with an outsider to infringe on my economic or any kind of growth how do he think that the outsider will not come after him when they are done with me. So after keeping me down where do you think I will get the energy or financial power to fight him?.

Let me tell you, if truely the fulanis and housas are coming after tinubu there is nothing the whole of southern Nigeria can do about it. To them south is a conquered territory. If buhari is coming out for 2019 he will win. Edo comes to mind. Remember tinibu is the most corrupt southerner a life today. He has a file somewhere and pmb is not as gentle as GEJ. He will throw the kitchen sink at tinubu with the help of Fashola and others within. Tinubu knows that.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos by Connoisseur(m): 10:30pm On Oct 07, 2016
steppin:

Story creating useless threads that could lead to a tribal fight. Sarrki is already circling this thread like a vulture. grin
Speaking Igbo at the end of your first post won't change anything.
Leave Yorubas to mourn their fallen. grin

The point is how do we mourn our fallen.
Do we take advantage as the Yorubas have done or do we throw away the baby with the bath water by refusing to take advantage of the goodwill inherent in the scenario.

Politics is about taking advantage and them Yorubas are experts in this.

Why dont we learn from this
Re: Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos by EasternPride: 10:34pm On Oct 07, 2016
Connoisseur:

This is exactly why we succeed in every field of human endeavor apart from politics

Who zoo politics epp?
Politics of "dogs and baboons".

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos by Connoisseur(m): 10:38pm On Oct 07, 2016
EasternPride:

Who zoo politics epp?
Politics of "dogs and baboons".

Anaghi amu aka ekpe na nka

If you don't learn now, how do you perfect in Biafra if it comes
Re: Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos by Connoisseur(m): 10:47pm On Oct 07, 2016
ASL33:

Op if you are igbo go and reminiscence on the above. For everything that will happen in this world igbo get an proverb for it.

If my brother is hub-numbing with an outsider to infringe on my economic or any kind of growth how do he think that the outsider will not come after him when they are done with me. So after keeping me down where do you think I will get the energy or financial power to fight him?.

Let me tell you, if truely the fulanis and housas are coming after tinubu there is nothing the whole of southern Nigeria can do about it. To them south is a conquered territory. If buhari is coming out for 2019 he will win. Edo comes to mind. Remember tinibu is the most corrupt southerner a life today. He has a file somewhere and pmb is not as gentle as GEJ. He will throw the kitchen sink at tinubu with the help of Fashola and others within. Tinubu knows that.

You have a point with the first paragraph but my point is if defending your brother gives you some leverage, then it has to be done.

Been cunning is the S.I. unit of politics. You might not care about the said brother but if defending him gives you the leverage, then so be it.

Politics is not religion.

It's an art
Re: Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos by Skipuru(m): 10:57pm On Oct 07, 2016
naijareferee:

as if you didnt see the proverbs and also an insult to one igbo is not an insult to all... Maka na eze di be onye.... Thats is the igbo culture... We help our own... But one who wants to dance to surugede is reminded that surugede is the dance of the spirit... So bro... The yorubas are only saving face... We support our own who harkens to wise consel not an agavu...or efulefu
naijareferee:

[quote author=naijareferee post=50009801]

as if you didnt see the proverbs and also an insult to one igbo is not an insult to all... Maka na eze di be onye.... Thats is the igbo culture... We help our own... But one who wants to dance to surugede is reminded that surugede is the dance of the spirit... So bro... The yorubas are only saving face... We support our own who harkens to wise consel not an agavu...or efulefu[/quote

gbam, i bu nwa afor igbo

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos by chibuzorAbia: 10:59pm On Oct 07, 2016
ASL33:

Kai no wonder my people are politically speaking a non starter. Why are we Igbos so shallow when it comes to politics?
Re: Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos by basilo101: 10:59pm On Oct 07, 2016
same was done for awolowo yet he was axed, same with abiola, so which stvpid lesson should we learn

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos by EnuguDadImoMom: 11:12pm On Oct 07, 2016
Very Silly Trend... My friend, Igbos are well known for defending their own. Stella Odua, Ngozi Okonjo, Barth Nnaji, Ojukwu, Nnamdi Kalu, etc... I can remember how we carried Stella Odua's case for head, media houses trashed her wella but we stood with her. Even some Yorubas created trend upon trends accusing Igbos of supporting their own blindly. So shut up and stop creating silly trend. Igbo ga adi rue mgbe ebighi ebi.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Saga: Political Lesson For The Igbos by ificatchmodeh: 1:34am On Oct 08, 2016
Connoisseur:
My hopes were rekindled when news broke of the apparent rift in the ruling All Progressives Congress.

Even though I supported the APC in the last elections, it came as a welcome news that at least something was happening to keep the party on its toes given that the PDP, APGA and other parties could not offer any semblance of credible opposition to the party. At least this time, they'd have to watch their backs in the course of running our affairs.

I was happy the rift is between a heavyweight and battle tested veteran in the person of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu. What I didnt expect was the rallying call by elders and leaders of Yoruba origin coming to the defense of an erstwhile 'prodigal' brother.

Fayose's defence of Tinubu came as a huge surprise to me because I don't think I would live to see the day he would say some positive thing about the Jagaban.
Even though I believe their accolades are part of a grand scheme to cause distrust and disintegration of the ruling party, it also points to the progressive mind and political acumen of the Yoruba race. When this is over, they might achieve their intentions which is luring Tinubu out of the APC. Even if they don't, they would have sent a clear message that an insult to one is an insult to all.

This brings me to the subject of this piece, anyone with an imagination could conjure what the scenario would be if BAT were an Igbo son. He would have been made the subject of mockery by his brothers. Ohaneze would have taken a full page advertorial to mock him. Others would be scheming to replace him in the scheme of things. Even though the 'I told you so' happened in this case, it was minimal and everyone is rallying round him in the end.

Politics 101 for us the Igbo.

Afam bu Chinonso, achorom ka anyi muta ihe ndia

You just end up saying nothing..
Give an example where igbo's havs betrayed their own..
There is no lesson for ibos to learn..ibos that don't have d interest of their people are on their own..and their..and the know..you see peter obi. And obiano. Fight and make up..you see ngige obi Andy uba.authur Eze all come together for event..ifanyi uba Emeka offor..igbos are not sellout..

Your thread is irrelevant.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Did Oshiomole, Femi Falana Receive The News Of Okonjo Iweala's Appointment / Ali Finally Bows To Senate Order / Dr. Kayode Fayemi Suspended.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.