Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Ahmadiyah - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ahmadiyah (924 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ahmadiyah by kareem492(m): 7:25am On Oct 08, 2016
Are ahmidiyans true Muslims?
Re: Ahmadiyah by sheffyUTD(m): 8:36am On Oct 08, 2016
Here comes this queation again.

First, there are 3 categories of people I know that Allah refered to in HOLY QURAN, the Al-lul khitab (people of the book), khufar (unbelievers) and believers (Muslim). So, to say someone is not a Muslim, you ask yourself who is a Muslim.

There are tons of unfounded rumour flowing around. Some people even said they don't recite surat Ihklas well ( I actually heard this from my younger sister). I decided to make findings, started praying with them and reading their book. The first thing that struck and captured me was their Friday sermon, very detailed, educative and no ceremony. That was my very first Friday prayer with them. Since then, I moved closer to them and I even discovered they practice Sunnah than most people with just appearance to show for it. This experience has made me to always verify rumours.

Yes, there are some grey areas of believe I agreed, but that is basically on interpretation of Quran. On this, they are not the only one.

The same way a non Muslim would think Muslims are violent and destructive based on happenings and misinformation around. You and I know that is far from the truth, but no matter what you say to non Muslims, they will not believe until they experience it. No need for story. It is a mordern age, there are loads of information to verify any claim. More still, it is not bad to move closer to them and know what they do. Yoruba will say 'Isunmoni la n mo ise eni, eni to ko sunmo wa ko le mo bi a se n se'

Enough of this segregative and divisive question.

1 Like

Re: Ahmadiyah by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 08, 2016
Ahmadiyyahs are not considered Moslems and that's consensus.
Re: Ahmadiyah by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 08, 2016
sheffyUTD:
Here comes this queation again.

First, there are 3 categories of people I know that Allah refered to in HOLY QURAN, the Al-lul khitab (people of the book), khufar (unbelievers) and believers (Muslim). So, to say someone is not a Muslim, you ask yourself who is a Muslim.

There are tons of unfounded rumour flowing around. Some people even said they don't recite surat Ihklas well ( I actually heard this from my younger sister). I decided to make findings, started praying with them and reading their book. The first thing that struck and captured me was their Friday sermon, very detailed, educative and no ceremony. That was my very first Friday prayer with them. Since then, I moved closer to them and I even discovered they practice Sunnah than most people with just appearance to show for it. This experience has made me to always verify rumours.

Yes, there are some grey areas of believe I agreed, but that is basically on interpretation of Quran. On this, they are not the only one.

The same way a non Muslim would think Muslims are violent and destructive based on happenings and misinformation around. You and I know that is far from the truth, but no matter what you say to non Muslims, they will not believe until they experience it. No need for story. It is a mordern age, there are loads of information to verify any claim. More still, it is not bad to move closer to them and know what they do. Yoruba will say 'Isunmoni la n mo ise eni, eni to ko sunmo wa ko le mo bi a se n se'

Enough of this segregative and divisive question.

How bout the beliefs tied around ghulam Ahmad?
Re: Ahmadiyah by sheffyUTD(m): 12:37pm On Oct 08, 2016
AbdelKabir:
Ahmadiyyahs are not considered Moslems and that's consensus.

So there are people who determined who is who undecided Eh yah, Sorry!!! By the way, between you and who

WTF! I've began to sound defensive sad Never mind, I just hate division.
Re: Ahmadiyah by sheffyUTD(m): 12:40pm On Oct 08, 2016
sheffyUTD:

[/b]Yes, there are some grey areas of believe[b] I agreed, but that is basically on interpretation of Quran. On this, they are not the only one.

quote author=AbdelKabir post=50022874]

How bout the beliefs tied around ghulam Ahmad?[/quote]

Pls read
Re: Ahmadiyah by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 08, 2016
sheffyUTD:

So there are people who determined who is who undecided Eh yah, Sorry!!! By the way, between you and who

The ijma'(consensus) of the ummah scholars is infallible, I didn't say this, the prophet sallallâhu aleihi was salaam did when he said his ummah can't agree on misguidance.

WTF! I've began to sound defensive sad Never mind, I just hate division.

So people with different system of belief should unite?

Allâh subhanahu was ta'ala says in sura al-Hashr about people that try to unite by all means even though their hearts are not together;

"Their enmity among themselves is severe. You (will) think they are together, but their hearts are far from each other. That is because they are a people without sense"

1 Like

Re: Ahmadiyah by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 08, 2016
sheffyUTD:

quote author=AbdelKabir post=50022874]

How bout the beliefs tied around ghulam Ahmad?

Pls read

So it is in harmony with the Qur'an that we have another prophet after Muhammad?
Re: Ahmadiyah by sheffyUTD(m): 6:33pm On Oct 08, 2016
AbdelKabir:

The ijma'(consensus) of the ummah scholars is infallible, I didn't say this, the prophet sallallâhu aleihi was salaam did when he said his ummah can't agree on misguidance.

So people with different system of belief should unite?

Allâh subhanahu was ta'ala says in sura al-Hashr about people that try to unite by all means even though their hearts are not together;

"Their enmity among themselves is severe. You (will) think they are together, but their hearts are far from each other. That is because they are a people without sense"

AbdelKabir:

So it is in harmony with the Qur'an that we have another prophet after Muhammad?

Let me help you. There is Hamadiya Movement and there is Ahmadiya Jamaat, in these two, there are also fundamental differences. The major one is Ahmadiya Jamaat.

The first believe the word 'ahtam nabiyun' (sorry for the written style) does not mean the seal of the prophet but highest of rank among prophets. The latter is silent on 'ahtam nabiyun' meaning. It rather emphasises on the resurrection of prophet Isha (AS). Their believe is according to the incidents and signs that Prophet Mohammed (SAW) said would mark the time of birth of return of Prophet Isha (AS). The incidents and signs that happened when Mahadi (AS) - hope you don't find that offensive - was born is the foundation of their believe. They do not however belive he's another prophet but return of Isah (AS).

Like I earlier said, it is purely interpretation of Quran and to some large extent, hadith. I hope you understand the narration. And pls, the word 'of different believes' is awkward and out of context.
Re: Ahmadiyah by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 08, 2016
sheffyUTD:

Let me help you. There is Hamadiya Movement and there is Ahmadiya Jamaat, in these two, there are also fundamental differences. The major one is Ahmadiya Jamaat.

Sorry I had to strike that out, the op was clear with the question, he said "ahmadiyyah" and I'm speaking in respect to that, as for "hamadiyyah" mind bringing proof for this "movement"?

The first believe the word 'ahtam nabiyun' (sorry for the written style) does not mean the seal of the prophet but highest of rank among prophets. The latter is silent on 'ahtam nabiyun' meaning. It rather emphasises on the resurrection of prophet Isha (AS). Their believe is according to the incidents and signs that Prophet Mohammed (SAW) said would mark the time of birth of return of Prophet Isha (AS). The incidents and signs that happened when Mahadi (AS) - hope you don't find that offensive - was born is the foundation of their believe. They do not however belive he's another prophet but return of Isah (AS).

The word used is خاتم gotten from the root word ختم which means " finished" , "end" , "seal" and so on, no dictionary you will put ختم and get "highest rank" as the meaning....

Like I earlier said, it is purely interpretation of Quran and to some large extent, hadith. I hope you understand the narration. And pls, the word 'of different believes' is awkward and out of context.

The prophet clearly said there will be no prophet after me, the prophet can't contradict the Qur'an, so the interpretation is not in harmony with the Quran.

@bold, how? Does it make sense for people with different beliefs to unite?
Re: Ahmadiyah by sheffyUTD(m): 5:40pm On Oct 09, 2016
AbdelKabir:

Sorry I had to strike that out, the op was clear with the question, he said "ahmadiyyah" and I'm speaking in respect to that, as for "hamadiyyah" mind bringing proof for this "movement"?

Oh well my error pls. I did not realised I spelt it differently. I meant the same thing.

The word used is خاتم gotten from the root word ختم which means " finished" , "end" , "seal" and so on, no dictionary you will put ختم and get "highest rank" as the meaning....
grin

you should know that interpretation and understanding is divine.

The prophet clearly said there will be no prophet after me, the prophet can't contradict the Qur'an, so the interpretation is not in harmony with the Quran.

I refer you to the 'Ahmadiya Jamaat' doctrine as above. Interpretation.

@bold, how? Does it make sense for people with different beliefs to unite?

In all, please learn more about the people you criticize. Salam!
Re: Ahmadiyah by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 09, 2016
sheffyUTD:

Oh well my error pls. I did not realised I spelt it differently. I meant the same thing.

Confusionist!

you should know that interpretation and understanding is divine.

Is that what you've been told to believe? Who made this divine interpretation? Ghulam Ahmad right? You are beginning to expose your self little by little, the prophet clearly said in his last sermon that we should beware of false prophets and that no prophet will come after him, so which other interpretation do we need?

But since you said its a divine interpretation, you have to tell us who gave the interpreter wahy(revelation) to interpret it that way..

I know alot about them and with what I'm seeing you are an ahmadi to believe that Muhammad isnt the seal of prophets.....

Leave the path you are upon, its a destructive path, Allaah says "...do not die as anything except as Muslims"...
Re: Ahmadiyah by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 09, 2016
sheffyUTD:

Just a random question,

Are you an Ahmadi?
Re: Ahmadiyah by sheffyUTD(m): 7:57pm On Oct 09, 2016
Confusionist

Very unfortunate! So this is what you could came up with for accepting to spelling error Weldone Bro. ABDKABIR

Is that what you've been told to believe? Who made this divine interpretation?
Ghulam Ahmad right?
Pls read your Quran, you will see it. Knowledge and understanding is divine!

You are beginning to expose your self little by little, the prophet clearly said in his last sermon that we should beware of false prophets and that no prophet will come after him, so which other interpretation do we need?

But since you said its a divine interpretation, you have to tell us who gave the interpreter wahy(revelation) to interpret it that way..

grin grin grin I thought we are exchanging opinions, not me versus them undecided

I know alot about them and with what I'm seeing you are an ahmadi to believe that Muhammad isnt the seal of prophets.....

If you claim to know alot them and you do not know there is; Ahmadiyah movement & Ahmadiyh Jamat' then you need to re-examine what you know. Knowledge goes beyond group discussion sir.

For the second bolded grin and what difference does it make being an Ahmadi, Tablik, Tijaniyah, Qodriyah, and others. . . I pray and I know strongly it is accpted. Please where in my post I have said that Muhammed (SAW) is not the seal of Prophethood

Leave the path you are upon, its a destructive path, Allaah says "...do not die as anything except as Muslims"...
[/quote]

With this conclision of yours, I can say no more words. So the 'people of the book' that Allah says in the Quran to be pious are also on which path my mallam . . . Be no judge of others for Allah know the best of you. . . Ma Salam!
Re: Ahmadiyah by sheffyUTD(m): 8:10pm On Oct 09, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Just a random question,

Are you an Ahmadi?

Mansha Allah I am a muslim.

(1) (Reply)

Forex Trading Or Investment Halal Or Haram? / Allah Or Jesus? / Deaf Man Regains Hearing During Pilgrimage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.