Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria (33270 Views)

List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics / Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price / Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 08, 2016
Manuella4ace:
I've been using my Etisalat and Airtel with 4g services since 2013.

I wonder why did they say dey are launching 4g now.

Hmmm.. bros take it easy with the lies na. u have been using 4g on Etisalat and Airtel since 2013 only IF

1. U have one of those Chinese cloned phones that always display 4G everytime even when u are on 2g.

2. Or u have a T mobile phone. T mobile call their 3g or HSPA 4G. So it displays 4G when u are actually on 3G. It is the case with my T mobile Galaxy s6. Picture 1 below is MTN on 3g which displays 4g. Picture 2 is an actual 4g sim (ntel) and u can see it clearly says 4G LTE.

2 Likes

Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 08, 2016
Reediano:

You are right. Also the high band requirement means less users. Which is also a plus for anyone with a band 28 smartphone

EXACTLY
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by power900: 11:20pm On Oct 08, 2016
2kurupt:

That's what someone that's not using a 4G LTE compatible phone will say, or do you expect people to under-utilize their smartphones?
even with the current 3g ++ people still crave for more battery power then with 4g LTE, I wonder, may be they will ask for phones powered with car batteries...
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 09, 2016
power900:
even with the current 3g ++ people still crave for more battery power then with 4g LTE, I wonder, may be they will ask for phones powered with car batteries...

With great power comes great responsibility. If u don't want 4g because of the extra battery juice required u can stay on 2g. U cannot expect the speed of a Ferrari on a conventional 4 cylinder engine. Na ur type dey say don't buy v6 cars because e dey drink fuel.

2 Likes

Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by HoneyBee23(f): 12:33am On Oct 09, 2016
danbilbo:
Etisalat: *Increases data prices*
Etisalat: 4G LTE Now available! smiley

Me: Thunder faya all of una. angry angry angry

Meanwhile, 18-seater commercial bus available here for just 750k

Bros you never still see buyer?
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by HoneyBee23(f): 12:37am On Oct 09, 2016
fratermathy:
All these Nigerian 3.75G in the name of LTE. Those who are using this should confirm: can the 4G LTE in Nigeria reach a downlink peak of 20MBps and uplink of 10MBps?

If no, then we haven't even started.

In any case, this is a step in the right direction for the future of the Internet in Nigeria.

You have spoken well, all these are 3.75G,a close telecom insider in Glo confirmed it too, we love fooling ourselves in Nigeria,what stops them from saying the truth even Mtn's not left out angry cry
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by HoneyBee23(f): 12:40am On Oct 09, 2016
greenhulk:

Hmmm.. bros take it easy with the lies na. u have been using 4g on Etisalat and Airtel since 2013 only IF

1. U have one of those Chinese cloned phones that always display 4G everytime even when u are on 2g.

2. Or u have a T mobile phone. T mobile call their 3g or HSPA 4G. So it displays 4G when u are actually on 3G. It is the case with my T mobile Galaxy s6. Picture 1 below is MTN on 3g which displays 4g. Picture 2 is an actual 4g sim (ntel) and u can see it clearly says 4G LTE.

You said it all
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:34am On Oct 09, 2016
Is this 4G Network available on my Infinix Hot 2?
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by ExInferis(m): 4:44am On Oct 09, 2016
teepsee:
What's up with all this 4g of a thing self

What is the difference

just add 1G to the existing 3G and you've got 4G.
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by ExInferis(m): 4:45am On Oct 09, 2016
power900:
I wonder why people are just in a haste to get 4g self, for me the present ++ speed is still cool and I don't have to buy a whole new smart phone just for some little added speed advantage, .....great haste, great waste!!!

admit it.

you're jealous.

2 Likes

Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by Ademoore07(m): 4:48am On Oct 09, 2016
Reediano:

Unfortunately 3G is already getting obsolete amd everyone is eager to migrate to 4G

But my 3G network on BlackBerry 10 device was smooth and steady from airtel. That is to say other networks 4G signal might be scam or even poor and slow
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by danbilbo(m): 5:23am On Oct 09, 2016
HoneyBee23:

Bros you never still see buyer?

No aunty, but dem don dey price am. You get buyer? Hit me up let's talk. 09098200601
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by kazzi11(m): 7:50am On Oct 09, 2016
martineverest:
when some countries are already testing 5G

Bros pls small small na. There is no acceptable standard for 5G yet. Research is still going on.
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by alexarelano(m): 8:52am On Oct 09, 2016
If u EPP me c their cheat, call me
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 09, 2016
Ademoore07:

But my 3G network on BlackBerry 10 device was smooth and steady from airtel. That is to say other networks 4G signal might be scam or even poor and slow

3g is good enough for browsing, instant messaging, social networking and downlaoding small files. Also u can stream with 3g at 240-360p provided u get up to 4mbps. But when u want to steam at HD, watch Netflix without buffer, stream live events with ease u need 4g. Have u ever had to download a single file of 10gb? On 3g it will take u a few days to downlaod. On 4g it will take about 1-3 hours depending on the speed.

3 Likes

Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by Osyxcel(m): 10:11am On Oct 09, 2016
greenhulk:

3g is good enough for browsing, instant messaging, social networking and downlaoding small files. Also u can stream with 3g at 240-360p provided u get up to 4mbps. But when u want to steam at HD, watch Netflix without buffer, stream live events with ease u need 4g. Have u ever had to download a single file of 10gb? On 3g it will take u a few days to downlaod. On 4g it will take about 1-3 hours depending on the speed.

On 3G, with speeds of 1MB/s and above - which you can get on any network with good coverage in your area - you can download 10GB in 3 hours.
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 09, 2016
Osyxcel:

On 3G, with speeds of 1MB/s and above - which you can get on any network with good coverage in your area - you can download 10GB in 3 hours.

U can hardly get 10mbps on any 3g network these days (which is the minimum required to download a file at 1MB/s). They have all throttled their speed ever since the slash in price and launch of 4g. Also getting 10mbps does not gurantee u will download a file at 1MB/s, it depends on the servers and bandwidth of the website u are downloading from and dont forget data loss from end to end too. With 4g at between 30-70mbps u are guaranteed a faster download. U can get the download done within 40 mins if everything remains normal.

If u are downloading a Windows update or iOS upgrade file and the servers are overloaded, even at 10mbps u might end up not downloading more than 150KB/s.
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by Osyxcel(m): 10:45am On Oct 09, 2016
greenhulk:

U can hardly get 10mbps on any 3g network these days (which is the minimum required to download a file at 1MB/s). They have all throttled their speed ever since the slash in price and launch of 4g. Also getting 10mbps does not gurantee u will download a file at 1MB/s, it depends on the servers and bandwidth of the website u are downloading from and dont forget data loss from end to end too. With 4g at between 30-70mbps u are guaranteed a faster download. U can get the download done working 40 mins of everything remains normal.

If u are downloading a Windows update or iOS upgrade file and the servers are overloaded, even at 10mbps u might end up not downloading more than 150KB/s.

I'm just trying to correct the notion that you'll download 10GB in days.

If you're downloading from a server that won't allow you download at speeds more than 1MBps, even if you're using 5G, you won't exceed that speed.

I use Airtel, and I still get up to speeds of 1MBps depending on the location I am.
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by 2kurupt(m): 10:47am On Oct 09, 2016
power900:

Do you remember some 3 to 4 years ago when ordinarily putting on Wi-Fi & 3G signals on your smartphone will zap all your battery in a matter of minutes? But now it's a whole different story. I doubt you do since you're so skeptical.

It's the continued usage of these tech features that has made the OEMs to continually optimise them thus making them better, so my brother plz don't be stagnant.
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by Reediano(m): 12:35pm On Oct 09, 2016
Ademoore07:

HMmmmm
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by sammieomoba: 2:04pm On Oct 09, 2016
bigtt76:
What band is Glo transmitting on pls?

band 28
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 5:08pm On Oct 09, 2016
amagunnerfan:
Spectranet own don finish. I can't wait for them to call me and be asking their rubbish "when will you subscribe" question.

Thank GOD I dished the idiotas for etisalat.

My broda, I have BEGGED, CAJOLED AND ThREATENED them to stop calling me. When I was their customer, they were extremely lousy. Now I don comot, they keep bugging my life.

I've had to block all their numbers. Truecaller helps me identify the others.
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by Bossman(m): 2:05pm On Oct 10, 2016
For those using android devices - To confirm if you are actually connected to LTE (regardless of what your phone shows), and to see what specific band you are connected to you can use any of these apps 'LTE Discovery" or "Signal Check'.

1 Like

Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by nura737: 12:18am On Oct 11, 2016
from my little findings from GSM arena it seems like 700mhz are many cos am seeing band 13,17.12 as 700mhz too. is there any differences. you can check this link preferably with chrome or pc http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s5_(usa)-6338.php#
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by DiChizzle(m): 12:11pm On Oct 11, 2016
fratermathy:
All these Nigerian 3.75G in the name of LTE. Those who are using this should confirm: can the 4G LTE in Nigeria reach a downlink peak of 20MBps and uplink of 10MBps?

If no, then we haven't even started.

In any case, this is a step in the right direction for the future of the Internet in Nigeria.

My worries exactly, I remember when 3G was rolled out, simple 3G video call from my video call enabled phone and it wil not make, telling me out of 3G coverage area. yet 3G does appear on my phone when I browse.. makes me wonder if they will actually gv 4g lte or 3.75G
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by Reediano(m): 12:21pm On Oct 11, 2016
DiChizzle:

My worries exactly, I remember when 3G was rolled out, simple 3G video call from my video call enabled phone and it wil not make, telling me out of 3G coverage area. yet 3G does appear on my phone when I browse.. makes me wonder if they will actually gv 4g lte or 3.75G

All networks are currently offering 3.75G, so am pretty sure it's 4G
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by Manuella4ace: 8:35pm On Nov 15, 2016
greenhulk:

not lies, lg from t mobile.
not cloned, but it's been showing 4g signal since the 2013, nd also my browsing is quite faster and drains battery.
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 15, 2016
Manuella4ace:

not lies, lg from t mobile.
not cloned, but it's been showing 4g signal since the 2013, nd also my browsing is quite faster and drains battery.

Just like I thought. U have a T-Mobile phone, their 3g is reffered to as 4g. If also used a t mobile galaxy s6 and usually get 4g whenever I'm on 3g. If u notice ur phone never display 3g.. it is either edge or 4g. That it displays 4g does not mean u are on a 4g network. If u take that sim and put it in another phone that is not t mobile it will display 3g or H+. When a t mobile phone is actually on 4g network it will display 4gLTE and not just 4g.

1 Like

Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by 5oloto: 8:29pm On Nov 21, 2016
4g LTE are 10times faster than their 3g counterparts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Latest Glo Data Plan 2018, Prices, Codes To Subscribe And Activate / How To Watch Live Matches, TV Programs And Movies On Tecno And Other Androids / Why Do People Still Spend Alot Of Money On so called High End Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.