Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Incredible! Banker Turns Plumber, Says “I Am Living My Dreams” - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Incredible! Banker Turns Plumber, Says “I Am Living My Dreams” (24498 Views)

Microbiology Graduate Who Had Distinction Turns Bricklayer (Photos) / Lagos Banker Sacked For Tweeting About Hating His Job / Meet The Banker Who Turned To Puff Puff Seller In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

Re: Incredible! Banker Turns Plumber, Says “I Am Living My Dreams” by marylandcakes: 10:41am On Oct 09, 2016
My plumber charged me 150k for a 5 day job. Not bad. We all can't be wearing suit and tie and sitting in air conditioned office.

Re: Incredible! Banker Turns Plumber, Says “I Am Living My Dreams” by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 09, 2016
Eleganza33:
i told you i wanted to register on their mobile app for online banking when i click register i saw inter card number and card pin ,was surprised that is why i was asking if that was how the registration is been done,will visit the bank sha thanks
you were surprised? Exactly! That means you suspected it may not be Right again how are you sure the app is not a fake one, fake first bank app can look very Real, Good! go into the branch and remember DO NOT give them your PIN, maybe card number but not PIN.
Re: Incredible! Banker Turns Plumber, Says “I Am Living My Dreams” by Eleganza33(f): 11:27am On Oct 09, 2016
gypsey:
you were surprised? Exactly! That means you suspected it may not be Right again how are you sure the app is not a fake one, fake first bank app can look very Real, Good! go into the branch and remember DO NOT give them your PIN, maybe card number but not PIN.
alright
Re: Incredible! Banker Turns Plumber, Says “I Am Living My Dreams” by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 09, 2016
Eleganza33:
alright
i hope i have helped tongue grin
Re: Incredible! Banker Turns Plumber, Says “I Am Living My Dreams” by Eleganza33(f): 11:33am On Oct 09, 2016
gypsey:
i hope i have helped tongue grin
yes dear
Re: Incredible! Banker Turns Plumber, Says “I Am Living My Dreams” by pinky21(f): 12:06pm On Oct 09, 2016
Vick4rill:
an average Nigeria mentality. who told you been an entrepreneur makes you your own boss? dont u know that it is when u become an entrepreneur, that u even, have little time for yourself. unless u want to wallow around in laziness. havent u seen employees that are doing far better than entrepreneurs, seriously hw many of this petty shops we see around our street. makes upto 50,000 thousand profit monthly? get me, it is nt all abt subscribing to the "pride" of nt wanting to work for anybody, it is all abt setting a realistic goal for yourself. i knw of several plumber who could nt earn wat a banker takes home per month, it could be other way round. bt in a bid to encourage entrepreneurship, let us nt over- hyped it and avoid castigating other profession. banking is a noble profession, that have given so many people a better life dat sum entrepreneu dnt ve.
u are entitled to your opinion. Just say it n stop quoting me. Haba.I didn't even say banking is bad. My dear always see the positive sides of things. joor oo ,i dont ve power for wahala. Lemme o
Re: Incredible! Banker Turns Plumber, Says “I Am Living My Dreams” by Vick4rill(m): 12:42pm On Oct 09, 2016
pinky21:
u are entitled to your opinion. Just say it n stop quoting me. Haba.I didn't even say banking is bad. My dear always see the positive sides of things. joor oo ,i dont ve power for wahala. Lemme o
sorry
Re: Incredible! Banker Turns Plumber, Says “I Am Living My Dreams” by Zalam5: 1:06pm On Oct 09, 2016
Me too I wish to fulfil my dream.
Re: Incredible! Banker Turns Plumber, Says “I Am Living My Dreams” by Kaysalas(m): 1:09pm On Oct 09, 2016
O.P clap for yarself! u just shaparly advertise your plumbing business free of charge for nairaland. hehehe well done dia!
Re: Incredible! Banker Turns Plumber, Says “I Am Living My Dreams” by sheffyUTD(m): 1:26pm On Oct 09, 2016
@bonfem I sent you a skype request. Well done brother, I love courageous people. Way to go.
Re: Incredible! Banker Turns Plumber, Says “I Am Living My Dreams” by babdap: 2:54pm On Oct 09, 2016
Debbime:
My dear, I may not have the statistics,
everything is about packaging,
1 contract to rework a big hotel plumbing or a state house or a rich man's house may place him in the league of the big boys.....
I worked for 10 years in the bank and I know what he must have felt.....Anything but the bank, p

I am not against the man pursuing his dream. What qualification does he has? If it's not building related no rich man or big hotel would consider him for contract because he simply has passion for plumbing and State House has qualified personnel to do the job.
Re: Incredible! Banker Turns Plumber, Says “I Am Living My Dreams” by goldman777: 3:25pm On Oct 09, 2016
babdap:
His enemies have finally gotten him.

Guy u be comedian ;Dl
Re: Incredible! Banker Turns Plumber, Says “I Am Living My Dreams” by tochez24(m): 3:48pm On Oct 09, 2016
babdap:
His enemies have finally gotten him.

Hahahaha cheesy
Re: Incredible! Banker Turns Plumber, Says “I Am Living My Dreams” by Reuben2012(m): 4:05pm On Oct 09, 2016
what is the essence of a dream when you are financially handicap. The bank job was the avenue he used to save money to established himself. To be an entrepreneur you need a startup capital.
Re: Incredible! Banker Turns Plumber, Says “I Am Living My Dreams” by Rozaystunna(m): 4:55pm On Oct 09, 2016
Tho am a marketing student bank is the last job on my mind
Re: Incredible! Banker Turns Plumber, Says “I Am Living My Dreams” by Nobody: 5:48am On Oct 10, 2016
bonfem:

“I no longer have to get stuck to the same monotonous routine job every single day the way it used to be”.

You will only get lucky when your preparedness meets an opportunity. So go get started right now!

This guy should be commended.

Can you imagine the social pressure this
young man must have overcome to boldly follow
his dreams?

If you're not careful, you'll be convinced to
just keep doing what you're doing; after all,
you're still getting money to pay the bills.

A lot of people don't consider that a day job
also takes your TIME; time you will never get
back.

If you focus on just paying the bills, you'll
stick to your day job even if it bores you to
death.

But if you are looking for a life that
actually counts for something, you'll look
for how to start following your dreams, like
this brave young man.

Cheers!

Re: Incredible! Banker Turns Plumber, Says “I Am Living My Dreams” by tabithababy(f): 5:54am On Oct 10, 2016
embarassed embarassed
Re: Incredible! Banker Turns Plumber, Says “I Am Living My Dreams” by mikolo80: 9:52am On Oct 10, 2016
anonimi:

Very correct, I tell you.
Except for WASTING his time, talent and efforts as well as his parents' money going to university campus for four years or more.
He could have done six months or more in a vocational school/technical college to be a certified modern plumber.
What a waste of time.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160987_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362
the parents go gree
Talk with sense
If you like spend 35 years doing something you hate because you used 4 years to read a course you had no interest in

What Do You Advise Me To Do? / CBN Policy: Massive Job Cuts Looms In Manufacturing Sector / 1,000 South African Gold Miners Stuck Underground