Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri (4476 Views)

Ambode And Soyinka At Boxing Match Between Tinubu & Holyfield / Goodluck Jonathan's WAEC & GCE Results Shared By Reno Omokri (Photo) / Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi - By Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri by lagosmp3(m): 10:30am On Oct 08, 2016
Source: http://lagosmp3.com/2016/10/08/tinubu-buhari-modern-day-afonja-alimi-reno-omokri/

The present trials of Asiwaju Bola
Tinubu, the colossus of the Southwest is
not surprising to those who have vision. I
saw it coming and that was why over two
years ago, precisely on Tuesday, May 27,
2014, I wrote a back page op-ed on
ThisDay newspaper titled 'From
Battleground to Common Ground' and in
that piece, I said inter alia as follows:
'A comrade is not for what you are for,
neither does he share the same interests as
you. A comrade is simply one who is against
what you are against. In other words, you
are bound by a common enemy.
The All Progressive Congress, is a party
founded on this premise.
Those who are enemies of the President
(Goodluck Jonathan) and the PDP gathered
together to form a party whose foundation
is their common enemy.

They share no ideological connection, neither
are they friends. In actual fact, they may
even hate each other, only that they hate
the President and the PDP more and are
wiling to temporarily suppress their hatred
for each other in other to gang up against
their common enemy.

In my experience, it is better to have a
party built on common interests than to
have one built on a common enemy. This is
because as even a political novice will tell
you, there are no permanent friends or
permanent enemies only permanent interests.
Now, if the above is true, what would
happen to a party that is built on a common
enemy?

Parties built on this foundation last only as
long as the enemy is in power. Once their
enemy is no longer in power the party
disintegrates.'

It does not matter if you hate Reno
Omokri's guts, but ask yourself if what I
said has not turned out to be the truth.
In the space of just a month, Bola Tinubu
has been deliberately mystified and treated
with such contempt that even those who he
considered his worst enemies find themselves
feeling sorry for him.

But he should have seen it coming!
The unraveling of Bola Tinubu actually
began on the 3rd of June 2016, when
President Muhammadu Buhari publicly and
right in Tinubu's face told him at a
reception the President held for members of
the National Assembly at the Presidential
Villa that the All Progressive Congress had
no such position as a National Leader.
I know this because a Senator who attended
the function called me almost immediately
after the event and told me about how the
hall descended into almost pin drop silence
after the President made that assertion.
I can assure my readers that President
Muhammadu Buhari would never have made
such a remark prior to the 2015 elections.
But who needs a piece of toilet paper after
it has done its job!

That remark was the signal that sleeper
agents within the APC were waiting for to
begin the unraveling of the masquerade.
Teaching him a lesson in Ondo state is only
the beginning. Bola Tinubu's comeuppance is
not yet complete in the eyes of his
traducers.

And then look at the way he is portrayed in
Professor John Paden's biography of the
president. Paden portrays Tinubu as a
desperate power monger who kept throwing
himself at Buhari only to be rejected at
each instance. Tinubu, see how low you have
fallen!

I do not know why Bola Tinubu is angry at
Paden. Did he not read that this was an
official biography?

Paden was not there during the horse
trading. The book was written with the
cooperation of President Buhari. The things
he wrote about Tinubu were the accounts he
was given by the President.

So Tinubu should call a spade a spade.
President Buhari merely told the world what
he really thinks of Tinubu.

And look at all the men around President
Buhari who got to where they are on the
back of Tinubu. Has anyone of them come
out to speak in his defense? Where is Vice
President Osinbajo? He can blame Jonathan
but cannot defend his benefactor. Where is
Fashola? He can come up with excuses for
giving Nigerians darkness but cannot speak
up for his oga? Lai Mohammed is nowhere to
be found. Perhaps he is too busy dressing up
masquerades or looking for a parastatal
under him to loan him some money!
At the end of the day, after all the terrible
things the propaganda wing of APC said and
did to Ayo Fayose and Femi Fani Kayode,
who came to the help of Tinubu but the
two men demonized by the very same
propaganda machinery that Tinubu helped
set up.

And as for Tinubu, I cannot imagine why
someone will write a book and insult you in
it and still invite you to the launch and you
agree to go simply because he is a
president.

Even worse, they asked you to write a
review for the book and you did! Is this the
same Tinubu that was so mouthy under
Jonathan? Look at how he has become a
chihuahua today. Lord have mercy!

Tinubu! Your Afonja too much!

Did you not see what ex-President Goodluck
Jonathan did with the so called Leadership
Award. You do not honour a gathering
designed to reduce you with your presence.
As the late kakanfo MKO Abiola would say
'a man who allows his head to be used to
break a coconut may not live to eat it'!
Even the well respected Pastor Osinbajo
cannot even publicly come to your defense
and tell the truth of how you helped him
secure his exalted office. Yet he is the
chief beneficiary of your generosity.
My advise to you, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, is
this: a woman who continues to make
herself available to a man that only
remembers her when he needs her services to
satisfy his lustfulness should not be
surprised when her own children deny that
she is their mother!

Finally, going forward, before labeling
people like Ayo Fayose and Femi Fani-
Kayode as enemies, remember that it is
better to be insulted with the truth than
flattered with a lie.

Omokri is the founder of the Mind of Christ
Christian Center in California, author of
Shunpiking: No Shortcuts to God and Why
Jesus Wept and the host of Transformation
with Reno Omokri

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri by yeyeboi(m): 10:31am On Oct 08, 2016
Ok
Re: Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri by INTROVERT(f): 10:32am On Oct 08, 2016
THIS BOMBS FROM UP AN DOWN, RIGHT AND LEFT, BACK AND FRONT IS TOO MUCH O FOR A WHOLE JAGABAN. COMMON INTERESTS.

4 Likes

Re: Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri by martyns303(m): 10:37am On Oct 08, 2016
Meanwhile I saw a sticker with the inscription "prayer for Buhari, Psalm 109:8". I just checked the Bible verse and lol......
Re: Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri by Young03(m): 10:38am On Oct 08, 2016
that third commenter
u loose first position to third
too bad

as for the topic...I have nothing to say..only watching
Re: Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri by Bobandgreat: 10:38am On Oct 08, 2016
My brother Reno, Tinubu = Afonja. My dilemma is 'how do yorubas fall victim of this time and time again but still remain slaves to the gambaris'. I just tire.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri by joeprince23(m): 10:49am On Oct 08, 2016
I lost respect for TINUBU when i saw him at that leadership award and booklunch,little wonder that GEJ was MIA... Tinubu learn from your mistakes

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri by steppin: 10:51am On Oct 08, 2016
Bobandgreat:
My brother Reno, Tinubu = Afonja. My dilemma is 'how do yorubas fall victim of this time and time again but still remain slaves to the gambaris'. I just tire.
Yorubas working with the north, is the only reason why Nigeria is still one. The moment they break that alignment, na bye bye to the country called Nigeria.
And we all know who's gonna lose more if Nigeria divides. You don't throw away your meal ticket cos you're angry. grin

1 Like

Re: Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 08, 2016
The coming days will definitely see the end of Northern oligarchy in Nigeria.

The northern cabals showed their hands to quick.

1 Like

Re: Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 10:58am On Oct 08, 2016
curse be upon AWO LOWO

I have never for once liked or pitied tinubu, but after reading this story i am so angry with the YORUBA race. How can they allow the north to humiliate their own kinsman this way, and today the same FFK and FAYOSE are the ones fighting for tinubu, and its a pity seeing the YORUBAS online saying that FFK and FAYOSE wants favour from tinubu. who needs favour from a drowning man, the YORUBAS should stand for their own, I hope they come to his aid. I feel sorry for him right now, cause the way it is going right now, he may end up the same way as AWOLOWO

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri by ificatchmodeh: 11:01am On Oct 08, 2016
Jagaban wahala started wen he choose to call himself.."national leader of the president party"
So e means say..he dey lead the president..my friends abeg no be careless yan be that?

Na president don the show am who be leader..himself don use fear reject the title...
But say e don be...be say e don be..

De only pain be say his followers still the push am..but they no know wetin man pikin dey pass tru..and he no fit talk..too bad.

This man political career might be over..if this louds mouths keep talking careless..but you don blame dem sha..dey no go fit timpa.

Imagine say bubu even talk down to am say e know be party leader..haa.finishing...

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri by youngeagle(m): 11:06am On Oct 08, 2016
Like my brothers from the West will ever learn a lesson..watch them come here and claim sophisticated my ass

15 Likes

Re: Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri by mazifrankmore: 11:11am On Oct 08, 2016
Hahahaha

Yerubas be like one John in my primary school days,the guy na block head he never learns fim!
How can a tribe be so hateful of a man(jonathan)that they went and make a deal with the devil.

#ihavenopityfortinubuandhisyerubabrothers

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri by Bobandgreat: 11:14am On Oct 08, 2016
steppin:

Yorubas working with the north, is the only reason why Nigeria is still one. The moment they break that alignment, na bye bye to the country called Nigeria.
And we all know who's gonna lose more if Nigeria divides. You don't throw away your meal ticket cos you're angry. grin

I don't understand u. Are u saying North is the meal ticket of Yorubas? If that is what u are saying, then you as a Yoruba man should examine urself. The situation is even worse than we thought. Some Yorubas are already brainwashed into believing that slavery is the only chance they have of survival. This same thing happened to Afonja, Awolowo, Abiola and co.

14 Likes

Re: Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri by omenkaGrazing: 11:18am On Oct 08, 2016
So tinubu is like toilet paper that has been used and has no more value? Hahahahaha.

Honestly what is happening to tinubu is very good and this is just the beginning. He might even end up in prison on trumped up charges and drink tea like mko abiola.

I remember the hatred with which bat campeigned against Jonathan. It was just too much. For tinubu, it was all about pushing Jonathan out of power at all cost even if it meant installing a demon as president.

If there is going to be anything like southern unity it must be spearheaded by Fani Kayode or Fayose. These are the only men that can draw the attention of the SE & SS. There's no way the yorubas can go head on against the north alone.

Where is Gbawe, omenka/progressive01, modath, Ngeneukwuenu.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri by omenkaGrazing: 11:19am On Oct 08, 2016
lalasticlala
Re: Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri by ificatchmodeh: 11:19am On Oct 08, 2016
steppin:

My friend...Yourba's no fit cause nigeria division..the best they can do is form opposition..

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri by biaframustcome: 11:19am On Oct 08, 2016
grin grin grin grin

They claimed sophisticated, We warned them to be careful. A poor, hungry man cannot claim sophistication

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri by Einl(m): 11:21am On Oct 08, 2016
Re: Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri by Einl(m): 11:22am On Oct 08, 2016
Sad. Tinubu got caught up.
Re: Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri by omenkaGrazing: 11:23am On Oct 08, 2016
tinubu is now a finished political quantity. There is very little he can do against the north without the support of the SE/SS that he hates with so much passion.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 11:23am On Oct 08, 2016
omenkaGrazing:
So tinubu is like toilet paper that has been used and has no more value? Hahahahaha.

Honestly what is happening to tinubu is very good and this is just the beginning. He might even end up in prison on trumped up charges and drink tea like mko abiola.

I remember the hatred with which bat campapeigned against Jonathan. It was just too much. For tinubu, it was all about pushing Jonathan out of power at all cost even if it meant installing a demon as president.

If there is going to be anything like southern unity it must be spearheaded by Fani Kayode or Fayose. These are the only men that can draw the attention of the SE & SS. There's no way the yorubas can go head on against the north alone.

Where is Gbawe, omenka/progressive01, modath, Ngeneukwuenu.

I only pity the innocent yorubas that were sold out just because of the greed of one man....

BeremX, I hope you safe, cos its been long i saw thee online. Hope all is well?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri by mazifrankmore: 11:25am On Oct 08, 2016
The best tinubu can do is to lay low and enjoy his loot cause if he do fin,kirikiri shall be his case.
Nwa afonja forming suffercated.

Ndi ara grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri by dunkem21(m): 11:26am On Oct 08, 2016
Ok, let me ask my people cheesy

Click *Like for Tinubu ..

*Share for Buhari

1 Like 18 Shares

Re: Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri by omenkaGrazing: 11:29am On Oct 08, 2016
The major advantage the north has over the south politically is their ability to go as one block.

When it comes to politics the northerners are northerners but when you come to the south, you hear people shouting 'I am SW, I am SE, I am SS!'

If we continue like this the north will continue to play the south like football.

8 Likes

Re: Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri by steppin: 11:31am On Oct 08, 2016
ificatchmodeh:

My friend...Yourba's no fit cause nigeria division..the best they can do is form opposition..
Read my post again slowly.
Re: Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri by omenkaGrazing: 11:31am On Oct 08, 2016
tinubu is a very good example of a modern afonja.
Excellent write Reno Omokri.
When you think you are too 'sophisticated' this is how you end.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri by omenkaGrazing: 11:35am On Oct 08, 2016
mazifrankmore:
The best tinubu can do is to lay low and enjoy his loot cause if he do fin,kirikiri shall be his case.
Nwa afonja forming suffercated.

Ndi ara grin

Very correct.

They can bring up some kwurapchan charges against him, throw him into prison and force him to drink tea like abiola or he may decide to take ratak like awolowo to avoid arrest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri by Bethelwealthy(m): 11:38am On Oct 08, 2016
I wrote about the BETRAYALS by yorubas and the consequences some weeks ago, some myopic and very shallow-minded youth came barking like dogs..........Here we are; The repeat of AWOLOWO's betrayals, and in like manner, it is his proteges that are the clapping committees behind the scene.
Tinubu had drummers dishing out tunes and he danced to their "Jagaban!!!" "Jagaban!!!" shout and the deceptive drum rolls, he forgot that tunes change......
I wish he and all the Amnesic Yoruba leaders learn the Bitter truth and never align themselves to slave-takers that sees every other tribe and region as appendages..........
.........I do not pity him. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri by ificatchmodeh: 11:42am On Oct 08, 2016
steppin:

Read my post again slowly.

Same post noni...if dey work with the north or not..e no mean anything..
guess this the first time as a nation they are actually partnering with the north
..awolowo was invited to governance during the war..
Obasanjo was nominated from the src after the death of mutala,
Abiola was a friend of the north..and pursued his interest not Yourba's..and that's why he was well loved in the south..
Obj was not elected by Yourba's in 1999..the north chosed him..

So you see..this the only time, the west really went into partnership with the north..
So which ever way..they are always screwed..

That's why they've always play opposition.
So plus dem minus dem..nigeria will always be..dey don't really have say in the country..

They north only need lagos..that's all..and lagos is what's keeping the north..-f tomorrow there's an emir in lagos..you will understand aboki wella.
Re: Between Tinubu And Buhari: The Modern Day Afonja And Alimi – By Reno Omokri by omenkaGrazing: 11:43am On Oct 08, 2016
BUHARIISCURSED:
curse be upon AWO LOWO

I have never for once liked or pitied tinubu, but after reading this story i am so angry with the YORUBA race. How can they allow the north to humiliate their own kinsman this way, and today the same FFK and FAYOSE are the ones fighting for tinubu, and its a pity seeing the YORUBAS online saying that FFK and FAYOSE wants favour from tinubu. who needs favour from a drowning man, the YORUBAS should stand for their own, I hope they come to his aid. I feel sorry for him right now, cause the way it is going right now, he may end up the same way as AWOLOWO

The problem with the Yorubas is that they are too arrogant for nothing. They think they are smart but we are just observing them.

Instead of them to admit they made a big mistake pride will not let them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Nigerian Night Time Satellite Images Tell Us About Development / Easter: FRSC Deploys 25,224 Personnel, 580 Patrol Vehicles & 92 Ambulances / Christmas: Sanwo-Olu, Anglican Bishop Call For Unity, Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.