Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Tales Of An African Housekeeper - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tales Of An African Housekeeper (507 Views)

7 Ways An African Mother Expresses Love. / Sex! The New Hobby Of An African Girl Child. / Pictures You Can Relate To If You Are A First Born In An African Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tales Of An African Housekeeper by 105africa: 11:41am On Oct 08, 2016
“I started helping around the house when I was eight years old,” says Treza.

“There are some chores, which I am specifically tasked to do. Others, I just feel like I have to do them as part of my responsibility in the house.

“I mop the house, do the dishes and cook food for the family. I sweep around the yard and occasionally, I have to do laundry for my siblings.

“Sometimes, I arrive late for classes and get sent back home.”

Treza has two sisters and a brother who she says hardly helps with chores.

“Most of the time he doesn’t. He says because he is a boy he cannot do household chores.

“They [parents] support it. They say there is no way my brother can be cleaning dishes when the girls are around.

“I wish boys and girls could do the chores together. There is no work that was designed specifically for girls or boys, we can all sweep, mop, work in the fields.”
read more here:http://www.105africa.net/tales-african-housekeeper/

1 Like

Re: Tales Of An African Housekeeper by EfemenaXY: 11:51am On Oct 08, 2016
Everyone should pull their weight at home.

You make a mess, you clean up after yourself. Household chores should be evenly shared out amongst siblings so no one feels they've been taken advantage of.

It also paves the way to self-reliance and future independence.

3 Likes

Re: Tales Of An African Housekeeper by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 08, 2016
EfemenaXY:
Everyone should pull their weight at home.

You make a mess, you clean up after yourself. Household chores should be evenly shared out amongst siblings so no one feels they've been taken advantage of.

It also paves the way to self-reliance and future independence.

GOD bless you 247

(1) (Reply)

How Can A Wife Submit To Her Husband Totally.... / Ten (10) Golden Secrets Of Successful Marriage / Husband Collected Two Laptop Free Using Kids Name Sold One Gave The Other Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.