Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,979 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Accused Of Age Falsification, Cross River Governor Seeks God’s Help - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Accused Of Age Falsification, Cross River Governor Seeks God’s Help (604 Views)

Cross River Governor’s Office Flooded, Properties Submerged (Photos) / Two Special Assistants To Cross River Governor Wed Themselves In Calabar. Photos / They Say I Look Like Ben Ayade, Cross River Governor - Man Says (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Accused Of Age Falsification, Cross River Governor Seeks God’s Help by divinehand2003(m): 11:49am On Oct 08, 2016
Gov. Ben Ayade of Cross River has said that he was called by God to govern Cross River to provide needed dividends of democracy to the people.

Mr. Ayade made the statement on Friday while addressing thousands of supporters who came to receive him at Margaret Ekpo International Airport in Calabar on arrival from Abuja.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the supporters besieged the airport in solidarity with Mr. Ayade ahead of the December 9 Supreme Court judgement in a case of alleged falsification of his age.

The case was instituted by Joe Agi, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria.

Mr. Agi, who contested the 2015 PDP governorship primary with Mr. Ayade, had challenged the eligibility of the governor to contest the primary.

Mr. Ayade told his supporters at the airport that since power comes from God, he was called by God to govern the state at this particular time.

He said: “I was preparing to run election for the senate when God called me and said I should come and be governor. I am a servant of God and I urge you all to put me in prayers.

“God shall not forsake us at this point; His miracle will prevail at the appointed time. When the righteous people are ruling, God will take control.

“God has the final say in this case. You can have the capacity to manipulate man, but you cannot manipulate God.

“I came into this office as governor under the inspiration of God.

“Today, we are before the court of man to decide the faith and destiny of Cross River people. God shall take control and establish himself.

“Truly, in the name of God, I am totally innocent. If I come before the court of man, I come with supplication for clemency from God,” he said.

The governor said that his administration had not failed in paying salaries of civil servants in the state and urged the people to continue to support his administration.

“I dedicate today to God that if I truly came to serve the people, He will surely see us through. If the worst happens, then it is God’s will.

“We have no capacity to appeal at this level. We are now appealing to God that knows our hearts in this case in question,” Mr. Ayade said.

George Ekpungu, the state Commissioner for New Cities Development, told NAN in an interview at the airport that the people of the state would resist any attempt to remove Mr. Ayade from his seat.

Mr. Ekpungu said that the people of the state voted massively for him, hence they entrusted him with their mandate. (NAN)
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/212331-accused-age-falsification-cross-river-governor-seeks-gods-help.html

Re: Accused Of Age Falsification, Cross River Governor Seeks God’s Help by Calismart(m): 12:07pm On Oct 08, 2016
Forget these people joor.
Carry on
Re: Accused Of Age Falsification, Cross River Governor Seeks God’s Help by mazifrankmore: 12:14pm On Oct 08, 2016
We are watching though,he didn't sound confident.
Re: Accused Of Age Falsification, Cross River Governor Seeks God’s Help by codedguy1(m): 12:28pm On Oct 08, 2016
Cod cannot call a fraud like you.

What difference would it have made in his age if he told the truth.

So he could not even swear an age declaration affidavit to a particular age and stick to it.

Having 3 different ages is a little too much.
Re: Accused Of Age Falsification, Cross River Governor Seeks God’s Help by sekundosekundo: 12:50pm On Oct 08, 2016
How old are these people sef?.

Re: Accused Of Age Falsification, Cross River Governor Seeks God’s Help by donphilopus: 1:04pm On Oct 08, 2016
The PDP Governor I love most. You're on point sir! Continue to give them headache in PDP! The only Governor for now who's proudly an alumnus of my alma mater (Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma) and also a Prof.
Re: Accused Of Age Falsification, Cross River Governor Seeks God’s Help by Amberon: 2:40pm On Oct 08, 2016
Pls don't even call God if you know you're guilty (which you likely are cuz youre a politician) before God vex for you.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Orders Import Restriction On RICE To Be Removed / First Lady Buhari To Seek Asylum In Biafraland As Shiek Calls For Her Arrest / 13 Soldiers Wounded, Many Missing As Boko Haram Terrorists Attack Army Base.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.