Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,997 members, 7,866,752 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:31 AM

First Car choice - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / First Car choice (4004 Views)

Porsche 911 GT3 RS Is The First Car To Use Corning's Gorilla Glass Windows / Saudi Arabia's First Car Showroom For Women Only Opens In Jeddah(Photos) / My Experience Buying My First Car (a USED Car) On Nairaland! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Car choice by Ask4Info: 8:29pm On Oct 12, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

call, sms, whatsapp. That P.M thing is not my way. Check my profile it is every where

Baba thumbs up. I have read your post over the years and have seen people talk highly of you on this forum due to your simplicity, honesty and ever helping attitude. Keep it up sir.

I am in the posters shoes but i have only 2 cars i am looking at within the shortest possible time. They are:

Honda CRV 2004-2004 model and Mitsubishi Outlander 2004. Please very Extremely blunt on your advice. As much as i prefer the Honda, i am tempted to go for the Outlander because it is less common.

Thanks in advance sir for your understanding.
Re: First Car choice by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:44pm On Oct 12, 2016
Ask4Info:

Baba thumbs up. I have read your post over the years and have seen people talk highly of you on this forum due to your simplicity, honesty and ever helping attitude. Keep it up sir.

I am in the posters shoes but i have only 2 cars i am looking at within the shortest possible time. They are:

Honda CRV 2004-2004 model and Mitsubishi Outlander 2004. Please very Extremely blunt on your advice. As much as i prefer the Honda, i am tempted to go for the Outlander because it is less common.

Thanks in advance sir for your understanding.

derailing, create your own thread tongue
Re: First Car choice by Ask4Info: 9:04pm On Oct 12, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

derailing, create your own thread tongue

Sorry now, its the same question.

I meant between Hoda Crv 2002- 2004 and Mitsubishi Outlander 2004.

No vex abeg. Tell me which to go for.

Baba Alaiye.
Re: First Car choice by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:16pm On Oct 12, 2016
Ask4Info:

Sorry now, its the same question.

I meant between Hoda Crv 2002- 2004 and Mitsubishi Outlander 2004.

No vex abeg. Tell me which to go for.

Baba Alaiye.

safer with the honda, do not get a future unique problem with the outlander.

2 Likes

Re: First Car choice by Bobmaintain: 8:06am On Oct 25, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
availability of parts, at affordable prices is what attracts me to the CRV, I almost got 1 last week, unfortunately there was a rio at an irresistible price so I got it instead.

Gazzuzz, i just stumbled on this thread now. I wanna get this SUV too due to it's i4 nature, but I'm afraid of the A/C system. I heard the compressor always have issues and packs up easily. How do one avert this? Or which Model Year is more durable with regards to this issue? Is that one you wanna go for still available?
Re: First Car choice by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:52am On Oct 25, 2016
Bobmaintain:

Gazzuzz, i just stumbled on this thread now. I wanna get this SUV too due to it's i4 nature, but I'm afraid of the A/C system. I heard the compressor always have issues and packs up easily . How do one avert this? Or which Model Year is more durable with regards to this issue? Is that one you wanna go for still available?

you heard wrong. It's same as any other Hondas a.c system.
Re: First Car choice by Bobmaintain: 11:09am On Oct 25, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

you heard wrong. It's same as any other Hondas a.c system.

Maybe I will whatapp you soon. I need one.
Re: First Car choice by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 25, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

safer with the honda, do not get a future unique problem with the outlander.
Mitsubishi outlander is an epitome of reliability.. a friend used avensis.... Camry bid daddy.. Nissan Altima.... the outlander has been the only one that has kept him away from the mechanic's garage consistently.... mind you it travels 500km weekly... minus intracity runs...
Re: First Car choice by Kunlinha: 1:01pm On Dec 16, 2016
Interested in the Golf 4 & people have been telling me it's problematic. What advice will you give me based on your own experience
glingev:

I have a golf 4 and overall I think it's a nice car but am of the opinion that Golf 4 and newer models are not everyday cars considering the nature of our roads. They are excellent cars for traveling on long distance.

Yes by mk2 and 3 I meant golf 2 and 3, they are more rugged on our roads and the cost of maintenance isn't much due to the availability of spare parts although they might not have the best interior
Re: First Car choice by glingev(m): 6:08pm On Dec 27, 2016
Kunlinha:
Interested in the Golf 4 & people have been telling me it's problematic. What advice will you give me based on your own experience

unless you want to buy a new golf or near new i advice u settle for a toyota. the golf is a good performer with very good stamina on the road and a very powerful engine, but it comes with many problems- i had to change my engine once and spent so much on the a/c and its still not working. the toyota may have a bland personality but it will surely take u where ever u want comfortably
Re: First Car choice by Kunlinha: 9:18pm On Dec 27, 2016
glingev:

unless you want to buy a new golf or near new i advice u settle for a toyota. the golf is a good performer with very good stamina on the road and a very powerful engine, but it comes with many problems- i had to change my engine once and spent so much on the a/c and its still not working. the toyota may have a bland personality but it will surely take u where ever u want comfortably
Thanks for the insight bro. I was keen on the car & needed the opinion of people who are very familiar with its issues. You clearly nailed it as everything I heard tally with yours and It has made me forsake the car but I don't roll with Toyota despite its remarkable resale & reliability. My top priorities when buying a car are styling & handling. repair & resale can be avrrage
Re: First Car choice by Kunlinha: 9:25pm On Dec 27, 2016
glingev:

Thanks for the insight bro. I have since jettisoned the idea but I don't roll with toyota despite its reliability & resale as they aren't top priorities for me; handling & styling are tops for me, reliability can be average
Re: First Car choice by glingev(m): 7:49pm On Dec 29, 2016
Kunlinha:

Thanks for the insight bro. I have since jettisoned the idea but I don't roll with toyota despite its reliability & resale as they aren't top priorities for me; handling & styling are tops for me, reliability can be average

Good choice my brother, Which brand did u settle for
Re: First Car choice by bizzle2: 9:31pm On Dec 29, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
I almost got 1 last week, unfortunately there was a rio at an irresistible price so I got it instead.

Still in the market for one, was going to settle for the 02-04 , but after some research, I decided the additional offering of the 05 and 06 (particularly) might be worth the extra penny.

Please let me know if a client or anyone you know has a sound unit to sell (2005/2006). Budget is 1.2m.

I don tire for "super clean" wey be like mistake
Re: First Car choice by Kunlinha: 11:36pm On Jan 02, 2017
glingev:

Good choice my brother, Which brand did u settle for
I had to settle for a Peugeot 206 with manual transmission to avoid potential issues and hope it serves me well as i'm usually very good with maintenance. It was the manual golf I had considered.
Re: First Car choice by Mrmoz(m): 12:00pm On Sep 07, 2021
Kunlinha:
I had to settle for a Peugeot 206 with manual transmission to avoid potential issues and hope it serves me well as i'm usually very good with maintenance. It was the manual golf I had considered.

HI bro how has the experience been with the 206 am thinking of getting one or the crv 2005

(1) (2) (Reply)

$20 For This Truck. Please Help / Honda Accord 2016 EXL Fulloption Used... / Hyundai Accent Gls 1.4l Blue

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.