Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

I Will Defend Rivers State With My Life- Gov. Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Defend Rivers State With My Life- Gov. Wike (1058 Views)

If Not The Will Of God, No One Has The Right To Take My Life – Gov. Ortom Says / Celebration Of Life: Gov Obiano's Mother Passed-On At Age 90 / I Am Ready To Defend Rivers State With My Life Says Governor Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Defend Rivers State With My Life- Gov. Wike by metroparrot: 6:56pm On Oct 08, 2016
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has declared that he is ready to sacrifice his life in order to protect the state from external predators.

The governor also charged the people of the state to rise up to defend the state and her interest in the coming weeks as anti-democratic forces have ganged up against Rivers people.

Speaking during the flag off of the construction of the Abua-Emoh-Egbolom road in Abua/Odual Local Government Area on Saturday, Governor Wike said: ""This is the time to say no to illgality.If they are testing the waters for rigging and mayhem, it will not work".

Briefing the people on the failed abduction of a Federal High Court Judge by the Police and DSS, the governor said that the security operatives were on an illegal mission to entrench an evil scheme in Rivers State.

He said: "I told the security operatives who planned to abduct the judge that instead of this impunity, you better take my life. I will always protect the interest of this state.

"When God gives you an assignment, he will give you the enablement to complete the assignment. Rivers
people must be ready to fight any form of injustice. I am ready to defend Rivers State with my life".

On the construction of the Abua-Emoh-Egbolom road, Governor Wike said that the project will be completed in seven months, pointing out that he will wipe away the tears of Abua/Odual people with quality projects.

He said the contractor, MCC Nigeria Limited has the capacity to deliver a quality project within the scheduled time. He called on the people to support the contractor all through the duration of the road .

The governor said that he had promised to construct the road during a rally to celebrate his Supreme Court victory in March.

He charged the people to remain committed to the PDP as it is the only political party that will promote their welfare.

Member representing Abua/Odual/Ahoada East Federal Constituency, Mrs Betty Apiafi and the Deputy Speaker of the Rivers State House of Assemby , Mr Marshal Uwom lauded Governor Wike for bringing development to the people.

They said since the creation of the local government 25years ago, no serving governor has initiated a major project in the area. According to them, Governor Wike deserves commendation for being the first serving governor to initiate a major project for Abua/Odual Local Government Area.

Commissioner for Works, Mr Harrison Iheanyichukwu said the 8.2kiometre road will connect the seven communities on the route to the rest of the state.

Simeon Nwakaudu,
Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor,
Electronic Media.
8th October, 2016.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/10/i-will-defend-rivers-state-with-my-life.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Re: I Will Defend Rivers State With My Life- Gov. Wike by agbangam: 6:58pm On Oct 08, 2016
Hmmm, Oga wike just say u will fight to cover up all d evils dat U n d Judiciary have been commiting. Dey do like say na u like Democracy pass.
This life, we shud all learn dat nothing last forever, I remember wen Wike, GEJ n PEJ plus dat Marilyn Ogar were using Federal might against Amaechi n Co, Wike shud taste how it feels to be tormented by Federal might. Stuupid Politicians.

My first FTC jare.

1 Like

Re: I Will Defend Rivers State With My Life- Gov. Wike by aylagos(m): 7:01pm On Oct 08, 2016
Wike mean his political interest

1 Like

Re: I Will Defend Rivers State With My Life- Gov. Wike by omowolewa: 7:06pm On Oct 08, 2016
That's what he was sworn in to do except in a state of emergency.

1 Like

Re: I Will Defend Rivers State With My Life- Gov. Wike by Taeewo(m): 7:22pm On Oct 08, 2016
Ok
Re: I Will Defend Rivers State With My Life- Gov. Wike by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 08, 2016
Of course Wike is doing the right thing. How do you expect the chief security officer of Rivers state to shut his eyes and allow DSS invade and abduct people without his consent ? This shows that someone is really in charge in Rivers state.

Buhari should look somewhere else, the people of Rivers state are solidly behind governor Wike.

1 Like

Re: I Will Defend Rivers State With My Life- Gov. Wike by simpleseyi: 7:58pm On Oct 08, 2016
Very nice of you Mr. Wike. The DSS did not get order to shoot you the other time because they were not expecting that you will be ready to lay down your life for democrazy. Sai Baba has now given a shoot at sight instruction to the DSS, the next time you see them, pls confront them again and Rivers State will give you a state burial as hero of democrazy.
Re: I Will Defend Rivers State With My Life- Gov. Wike by malton: 8:08pm On Oct 08, 2016
Rivers State ke? You must have meant corruption.

Of course you are ready to defend corruption with your life because your life depends on it.

Talk about an exhibition that makes powerful people look silly.

A Governor should never have to act like a tout.
Re: I Will Defend Rivers State With My Life- Gov. Wike by drss(m): 8:08pm On Oct 08, 2016
surely they shall gather against u like a flood but they will all be disgraced. give it up to d pipuls gov.
Re: I Will Defend Rivers State With My Life- Gov. Wike by sarrki(m): 8:21pm On Oct 08, 2016
Your excellency are you SURE?
Re: I Will Defend Rivers State With My Life- Gov. Wike by HungerBAD: 8:31pm On Oct 08, 2016
The Ikwerre Warlord has started again.

Wike has started inciting the people of Rivers and his foot Soldiers (Cultists)to fight against(Kill) his imaginary external forces enemies.

Who are these external forces?Wike should keep pushing his luck with the Federal Government,and one day he will realise that Rivers State is in Nigeria,and that he as a Governor is under the jurisdiction of the Federal Government.

Wike should not push the Federal Government to use its might on him. His little cult boys that he uses to terrorize the people of Rivers,will last only 10 Seconds with the Federal might,so he should keep talking.

Meanwhile,Wike said he is ready to die for Rivers?the last person that boasted this way,was a certain gentle man called General David Ejoor in the Civil War.

Then after boasting,he ran away in the middle of the night riding a bicycle. Some still say,they saw him in Togo riding his Bicycle last week. A journey he started in 1966.

So stop being boastful.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Defend Rivers State With My Life- Gov. Wike by Progressive01(m): 8:44pm On Oct 08, 2016
He says this yet dead bodies are discovered in the streets from cult activities every other day. Wike and his Ugandan slaves will definitely get what is coming to them sooner or later.
Re: I Will Defend Rivers State With My Life- Gov. Wike by youngeagle(m): 8:46pm On Oct 08, 2016
A brave man is a brave man....all ya supporting this evil by the executive needs a psychiatrist.

1 Like

Re: I Will Defend Rivers State With My Life- Gov. Wike by kcnwaigbo: 9:28pm On Oct 08, 2016
simpleseyi:
Very nice of you Mr. Wike. The DSS did not get order to shoot you the other time because they were not expecting that you will be ready to lay down your life for democrazy. Sai Baba has now given a shoot at sight instruction to the DSS, the next time you see them, pls confront them again and Rivers State will give you a state burial as hero of democrazy.
Lol last time I checked the cowardly River state DSS director was the one who took to his heels and not Wike
Re: I Will Defend Rivers State With My Life- Gov. Wike by LORDOFAFONJAS: 5:15pm On Oct 10, 2016
Progressive01:
He says this yet dead bodies are discovered in the streets from cult activities every other day. Wike and his Ugandan slaves will definitely get what is coming to them sooner or later.
tongue see painment, touch wike and get a zero oyel production tongue
Re: I Will Defend Rivers State With My Life- Gov. Wike by LORDOFAFONJAS: 5:15pm On Oct 10, 2016
HungerBAD:
The Ikwerre Warlord has started again.

Wike has started inciting the people of Rivers and his foot Soldiers (Cultists)to fight against(Kill) his imaginary external forces enemies.

Who are these external forces?Wike should keep pushing his luck with the Federal Government,and one day he will realise that Rivers State is in Nigeria,and that he as a Governor is under the jurisdiction of the Federal Government.

Wike should not push the Federal Government to use its might on him. His little cult boys that he uses to terrorize the people of Rivers,will last only 10 Seconds with the Federal might,so he should keep talking.

Meanwhile,Wike said he is ready to die for Rivers?the last person that boasted this way,was a certain gentle man called General David Ejoor in the Civil War.

Then after boasting,he ran away in the middle of the night riding a bicycle. Some still say,they saw him in Togo riding his Bicycle last week. A journey he started in 1966.

So stop being boastful.

sharrap

(1) (Reply)

Ondo State Governor's Chief Security Officer Killed By Armed Robbers / Breaking: Ondo State PDP Chairman Petitions CJN, President Of The Court Of Appea / See What APC Tweeted About Recession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.