Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Reasons Not To Skip That Breakfast Again. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Reasons Not To Skip That Breakfast Again. (1169 Views)

7 Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight / 7 Reasons Not To Skip Breakfast If You Want To Lose Weight / Top Reasons Not To Let Strangers Kiss Your Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Not To Skip That Breakfast Again. by dglfitness: 11:19pm On Oct 08, 2016
I do not eat in the morning; I only take a cup of coffee or juice for breakfast and start my day! Have you heard someone around you say this? Oh, I am sure you must have heard one big shot say it on TV and/or perhaps read it on the pages of celebrity magazines. I wish this class of people knew better. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and this cannot be over-emphasized. A reasonably balanced, healthy and nutritional breakfast can take you for the rest of the day. If there is any meal of the day to skip, it is certainly not breakfast unless for any health reason. Studies show that the benefits of eating breakfast far outweigh the excuses that most of us give for missing it. There are many benefits of eating good and balanced breakfast which cut across health, weight loss, concentration, memory, energy etc and below, I will list these benefits one after the other.

Breakfast helps you kick start the day: We all know that sleeping is an overnight fast which takes a chunk of energy vis-à-vis body metabolism. Eating a healthy and nutritious in the morning helps us replenish our body and provide the energy needed to start the day.

Weight Loss/Control: Several studies have shown that people who skip breakfast have the tendency to gain excess weight. Eating very well in the morning helps us safely lose weight and stay healthy. When you eat a substantial quantity of healthy breakfast, you would have taken your most calories of the day in the morning and you tend to be less hungry during the other times of the day and are in a position to control your intake for lunch and dinner. Unlike breakfast eaters, those who skip breakfast become too hungry and eat a lot at lunch and dinner and hence, their bodies store unnecessary calories which should have been used up during the course of the day’s activities.

To maintain an obese-free body, you should eat your biggest meal of the day in the morning.

Mental Alertness and Concentration: Studies show that people who eat healthy breakfast show high level of mental alertness and are able to concentrate better on their tasks for the day. Let’s look at it this way, if you are hungry, are you able to concentrate on your work or studies? After fasting overnight, eating a good breakfast ensures that our bodies are fuelled and ready for mental and physical activity.

People often say they skip breakfast because it makes them dizzy and weak. This is by no means true; if you are feeling weak in the morning after eating breakfast, it might be that you had insufficient night rest and will still feel weak and sleepy if you did not eat breakfast. Parents, if you want your kids to perform better in school, have them eat very well (healthy breakfast) in the morning and stop boxing their breakfast for consumption in school. Studies show that breakfast improves academic performance, skill, punctuality and attendance. In addition, children who miss breakfast on a regular basis experience more behavioral problems than those who do not.

Blood Sugar Level: Eating a healthy, balanced breakfast keeps your sugar level in check. Missing breakfast may increase the risk of type 2 diabetes especially in women. Eating a healthy breakfast reduces the urge to consume high kilojoule foods later in the day hence balancing your blood sugar level.

Nutritional Benefit: Eating healthy breakfast means that the body will get the nutrients needed to function and rebuild the tissues early in the day. A good breakfast can provide protein (for building and maintaining muscle), carbohydrates (for energy), fibre (for healthy digestive function), calcium (for building strong bones), iron (for healthy red blood cells and oxygen transport around the body), plus additional vitamins and minerals. These nutrients are essential for healthy growth and development.

Positive Attitude/Enthusiasm: Those who maintain regular healthy breakfast tend to show more positive disposition. Good planned nutritious breakfast a day before helps you get out of bed early and keep you enthusiastic about the new day.

More benefits of having a healthy breakfast abound as the list is endless. While having anything for breakfast is better than not having at all, we suggest you make your breakfast healthy and well-balanced to get you going and also avail you with these benefits.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Not To Skip That Breakfast Again. by Ogbulaba(m): 11:40pm On Oct 08, 2016
great info op
Re: Reasons Not To Skip That Breakfast Again. by dglfitness: 11:41pm On Oct 08, 2016
Ogbulaba:
great info op

Thank you sir!
Re: Reasons Not To Skip That Breakfast Again. by Ogbulaba(m): 11:49pm On Oct 08, 2016
dglfitness:

Thank you sir!
u are welcome..... mids please do d needful
Re: Reasons Not To Skip That Breakfast Again. by IykeD(m): 12:56pm On Oct 10, 2016
Quite informative.
Re: Reasons Not To Skip That Breakfast Again. by dglfitness: 8:26pm On Oct 10, 2016
IykeD:
Quite informative.

It is smiley
Re: Reasons Not To Skip That Breakfast Again. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 13, 2016
Educative! Thought i was doing my self good by skipping breakfast because i want to reduce weight.

Thank you sir.
Re: Reasons Not To Skip That Breakfast Again. by funnynation(m): 1:20pm On Oct 13, 2016
dglfitness:
I do not eat in the morning; I only take a cup of coffee or juice for breakfast and start my day! Have you heard someone around you say this? Oh, I am sure you must have heard one big shot say it on TV and/or perhaps read it on the pages of celebrity magazines. I wish this class of people knew better. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and this cannot be over-emphasized. A reasonably balanced, healthy and nutritional breakfast can take you for the rest of the day. If there is any meal of the day to skip, it is certainly not breakfast unless for any health reason. Studies show that the benefits of eating breakfast far outweigh the excuses that most of us give for missing it. There are many benefits of eating good and balanced breakfast which cut across health, weight loss, concentration, memory, energy etc and below, I will list these benefits one after the other.

Breakfast helps you kick start the day: We all know that sleeping is an overnight fast which takes a chunk of energy vis-à-vis body metabolism. Eating a healthy and nutritious in the morning helps us replenish our body and provide the energy needed to start the day.

Weight Loss/Control: Several studies have shown that people who skip breakfast have the tendency to gain excess weight. Eating very well in the morning helps us safely lose weight and stay healthy. When you eat a substantial quantity of healthy breakfast, you would have taken your most calories of the day in the morning and you tend to be less hungry during the other times of the day and are in a position to control your intake for lunch and dinner. Unlike breakfast eaters, those who skip breakfast become too hungry and eat a lot at lunch and dinner and hence, their bodies store unnecessary calories which should have been used up during the course of the day’s activities.

To maintain an obese-free body, you should eat your biggest meal of the day in the morning.

Mental Alertness and Concentration: Studies show that people who eat healthy breakfast show high level of mental alertness and are able to concentrate better on their tasks for the day. Let’s look at it this way, if you are hungry, are you able to concentrate on your work or studies? After fasting overnight, eating a good breakfast ensures that our bodies are fuelled and ready for mental and physical activity.

People often say they skip breakfast because it makes them dizzy and weak. This is by no means true; if you are feeling weak in the morning after eating breakfast, it might be that you had insufficient night rest and will still feel weak and sleepy if you did not eat breakfast. Parents, if you want your kids to perform better in school, have them eat very well (healthy breakfast) in the morning and stop boxing their breakfast for consumption in school. Studies show that breakfast improves academic performance, skill, punctuality and attendance. In addition, children who miss breakfast on a regular basis experience more behavioral problems than those who do not.

Blood Sugar Level: Eating a healthy, balanced breakfast keeps your sugar level in check. Missing breakfast may increase the risk of type 2 diabetes especially in women. Eating a healthy breakfast reduces the urge to consume high kilojoule foods later in the day hence balancing your blood sugar level.

Nutritional Benefit: Eating healthy breakfast means that the body will get the nutrients needed to function and rebuild the tissues early in the day. A good breakfast can provide protein (for building and maintaining muscle), carbohydrates (for energy), fibre (for healthy digestive function), calcium (for building strong bones), iron (for healthy red blood cells and oxygen transport around the body), plus additional vitamins and minerals. These nutrients are essential for healthy growth and development.

Positive Attitude/Enthusiasm: Those who maintain regular healthy breakfast tend to show more positive disposition. Good planned nutritious breakfast a day before helps you get out of bed early and keep you enthusiastic about the new day.

More benefits of having a healthy breakfast abound as the list is endless. While having anything for breakfast is better than not having at all, we suggest you make your breakfast healthy and well-balanced to get you going and also avail you with these benefits.

How or what should i do to make my tommy flat?
Re: Reasons Not To Skip That Breakfast Again. by dglfitness: 2:18pm On Oct 13, 2016
funnynation:

How or what should i do to make my tommy flat?

Kindly check these links:

https://www.nairaland.com/3331045/six-pack-care-rock-gym

www.facebook.com/dglfitness
Re: Reasons Not To Skip That Breakfast Again. by dglfitness: 11:56am On Oct 14, 2016
Gennyike:
Educative! Thought i was doing my self good by skipping breakfast because i want to reduce weight.

Thank you sir.

Thank you for reading ma'am!

(1) (Reply)

Help My Schizophrenic Brother I'm About To Loose My Own Mind / 5 Ways To Cope With The Current Heat Wave Across Nigeria / Am Living With A Disease I Think It Has No Cure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.