Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,025 members, 7,859,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 05:02 PM

Baba Suwe Is Critically Sick - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Baba Suwe Is Critically Sick (989 Views)

Baba Suwe: "I Am Very Scared Of The Badoo Boys" / Baba Suwe Is Very Sick Due To NDLEA Torture - Yomi Fabiyi / 7 Years After Wife’s Death, Veteran Actor BABA SUWE Finds Love Again. >> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baba Suwe Is Critically Sick by DmgLoaded(m): 3:53am On Oct 09, 2016
Versatile Yoruba language comic actor, Alhaji Nurudeen Babatunde Omidina otherwise known as Baba Suwe is critically sick.
The sickness according to close associates is as a result of the torture he went through in the hands of the NDLEA operatives years ago when he was nabbed at the airport on suspicion of carrying hard drugs.
In a statement by actor and filmmaker, Yomi Fabiyi while calling on senior colleagues to act fast, Baba Suwe has not been fine for a while now and his health is deteriorating at an alarming rate.

“The torture done on him by NDLEA is vastly damaging his health at an alarming rate.
“He told me he no longer feel comfortable since that episode,” Fabiyi wrote on Instagram.

The actor further blamed Baba Suwe’s predicament on the National Drug
Enforcement Agency, condemning their uncivilized way of handling the matter after his arrest.
Fabiyi wrote, “He told me when I visited him that he is innocent of the accusations and yet a long pipe was inserted through his anus, he was detained for too long amongst other things just because he was randomly suspected like every normal person.

In my opinion, only lazy, ill-trained, unfit and uncivilised officers torture in the name of investigation.

Torture is criminal and sinful. If this accusation is found to be true by independent investigators, it shouldn’t go unpunished.”
Babatunde Omidina was arrested in August 2013 at the Muritala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos while traveling to Paris on a scheduled Air France flight.
He was later released many days later after nothing incriminating was found on him.
He consequently dragged the drug enforcement agency to court where he was awarded a sum of N25 million but the NDLEA refused to honour the penalty.

The actor lost his wife, Monsurat Omodina also called Moladun Kenkelewu in September 2009 and according to Yomi Fabiyi “Baba Suwe is a widower, he can hardly walk properly as I speak, let alone go to film.
How will he feed and take care of the children aunty Moladun left behind?” He quizzed.

Source: http://lagosmp3.com/2016/10/09/baba-suwe-critically-sick/

Re: Baba Suwe Is Critically Sick by TPAND(f): 4:06am On Oct 09, 2016
A long pipe into his anus... Did I just read that. shocked
There so many uncouth personnel in the Nigerian Task Force. So inhuman and unthinkably detestable to do such to a fellow man. I thought there's a particular mixture they give suspected criminals that makes the stool whatever they have ingested.

Nigeria Shaaa citizens don't have human rights here let alone seeking protection for it
Re: Baba Suwe Is Critically Sick by JBUZZ: 4:37am On Oct 09, 2016
In my opinion, only lazy, ill-trained, unfit and uncivilised officers torture in the name of investigation.

Torture is criminal and sinful. If this accusation is found to be true by independent investigators, it shouldn’t go unpunished.”
I share the same opinion.
What baffles me is the flagrant disregard of court's order to pay damages to the victim.
Re: Baba Suwe Is Critically Sick by GogetterMD(m): 5:33am On Oct 09, 2016
You see, I don't know what thus dude baba Suwe still wants. I remember then vividly then in LASUTH Ikeja that a CT scan showed that he had ingested wraps of "substances" in his bowels, and the pipe he's referring to is an endoscopic probe. He got of the hook because some very powerful people made sure he got out.
Re: Baba Suwe Is Critically Sick by ademasta(m): 6:02am On Oct 09, 2016
In an unjust society, silence is a crime. This is unjust and we will not sit down and look.

Cc:Lalasticlala
Re: Baba Suwe Is Critically Sick by angelTI(f): 6:10am On Oct 09, 2016
But I thought he excreted wraps of the stuff undecided

Get well o Baba Suwe

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tecno Is Really Breaking The Internet(he Really Has The Big Sassava) / US Election: See Thought-provoking Post Curvy OAP Peace Hyde Made On Her Instagr / Phyno Full Biography And Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.