Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,061 members, 7,838,696 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Why Do Churches Still Collect Tithes And Donations In These Hard Times - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Churches Still Collect Tithes And Donations In These Hard Times (715 Views)

Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) / Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed / How Many Times Do They Collect Tithes And Offering In Your Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Churches Still Collect Tithes And Donations In These Hard Times by Davidblen(m): 9:36am On Oct 09, 2016
I Dont Know Why Many Churches Still Collect Tithes And Donations In This Hard Times When Things Are Not Going Well. Last Week Sunday I Went To My Friend Church (name Witheld) And After The Service The Pastor Was Calling For Donations For Pulpit Raising And He Was Asking For 10M Naira. i Was Suprised And I Ask My Friend Do They Want To Put Diamonds As Decorations, And He Said NO That They Want To Beautify The Altar More But I Said The Pulpit Is Okay But He Said No, Just Some Finishing Touching He Said *lekpemunaya Ooo* This Pastors Collect Money From Members Willingly Out Of Foolishness ( No Offence)
If Church Cant Change U, Change Church

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Still Collect Tithes And Donations In These Hard Times by RoyalBlak007: 9:40am On Oct 09, 2016
.These days...some 'pastors'

are merchants

**Laveda
See why I skip church going cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Churches Still Collect Tithes And Donations In These Hard Times by felixomor: 9:43am On Oct 09, 2016
Davidblen:
I Dont Know Why Many Churches Still Collect Tithes And Donations In This Hard Times When Things Are Not Going Well. Last Week Sunday I Went To My Friend Church (name Witheld) And After The Service The Pastor Was Calling For Donations For Pulpit Raising And He Was Asking For 10M Naira. i Was Suprised And I Ask My Friend Do They Want To Put Diamonds As Decorations, And He Said NO That They Want To Beautify The Altar More But I Said The Pulpit Is Okay But He Said No, Just Some Finishing Touching He Said *lekpemunaya Ooo* This Pastors Collect Money From Members Willingly Out Of Foolishness ( No Offence)
If Church Cant Change U, Change Church

With people as radically vocal as u in this country, why do we still have a bad and corrupt government that is causing the hard times we are facing.

Just asking
Re: Why Do Churches Still Collect Tithes And Donations In These Hard Times by Laveda(f): 9:49am On Oct 09, 2016
RoyalBlak007:

.These days...some 'pastors'

are merchants

**Laveda
See why I skip church going cheesy

But that's not enough excuse. grin the pastors don't use guns to collect the money, people give willingly. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Churches Still Collect Tithes And Donations In These Hard Times by Davidblen(m): 9:50am On Oct 09, 2016
felixomor:

With people as radically vocal as u in this country, why do we still have a bad and corrupt government that is causing the hard times we are facing.

Just asking
Shey I Be Activist Ni Na Me Vote Them As For Me Reccesion No Cum Side At All

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Still Collect Tithes And Donations In These Hard Times by felixomor: 9:53am On Oct 09, 2016
Davidblen:

Ehen. Likewise, no be u vote the pastors too.
Allow the Person wey vote them criticize them too.

Na so e be o.
Re: Why Do Churches Still Collect Tithes And Donations In These Hard Times by yomi007k(m): 9:54am On Oct 09, 2016
Davidblen:

Bros no reason dt guy....naso dem go dey talk of point.

E dey dia body...

But based on ur post... dem no fit force anybody to drop him pay. Na ppl jus dey' maga'
Re: Why Do Churches Still Collect Tithes And Donations In These Hard Times by wirinet(m): 9:58am On Oct 09, 2016
Hard times are the best times to collect tithes and offerings. The more desperate people get, the more they can be manipulated to give the little they have. With the doctrine of "the more you give, the more you get from god", Sow more to reap more", Challenge God" etc. The poor desperate person will even steal to place a divine wager.

It is the rich that finds it more difficult to pay tithes and offerings (especially those that make their money legitimately), those one are aware that riches depends on hard work, discipline and good money management. Churches in poor countries and in depressed economies are usually richer than churches in poor countries with booming economies.
Re: Why Do Churches Still Collect Tithes And Donations In These Hard Times by RoyalBlak007: 10:00am On Oct 09, 2016
Laveda:

But that's not enough excuse. grin the pastors don't use guns to collect the money, people give willingly. smiley

.the words they use to extort the money ...

more deadly than an Ak-47 grin ,they make it seem like life depends on it
Re: Why Do Churches Still Collect Tithes And Donations In These Hard Times by Davidblen(m): 10:01am On Oct 09, 2016
felixomor:

Ehen. Likewise, no be u vote the pastors too.
Allow the Person wey vote them criticize them too.

Na so e be o.
Me Vote Them? I Cum Church I See Pastor I Go Follow Dem Na What Do U Want Me 2 Do
Re: Why Do Churches Still Collect Tithes And Donations In These Hard Times by yomi007k(m): 10:02am On Oct 09, 2016
wirinet:
Hard times are the best times to collect tithes and offerings. The more desperate people get, the more they can be manipulated to give the little they have. With the doctrine of "the more you give, the more you get from god", Sow more to reap more", Challenge God" etc. The poor desperate person will even steal to place a divine wager.

It is the rich that finds it more difficult to pay tithes and offerings (especially those that make their money legitimately), those one are aware that riches depends on hard work, discipline and good money management. Churches in poor countries and in depressed economies are usually richer than churches in poor countries with booming economies.

True talk..
Re: Why Do Churches Still Collect Tithes And Donations In These Hard Times by Clemsworld(m): 10:02am On Oct 09, 2016
Who will fund the Churches, are we expecting God to send money from heaven?
We should bring up issues of increasing names of new churches where every body want to Own a church. And using the money for personal establishments than reaching out to the needy.
Re: Why Do Churches Still Collect Tithes And Donations In These Hard Times by Davidblen(m): 10:09am On Oct 09, 2016
wirinet:

See Ur Mouth Dont U Know Dat The Money Is Their Hard Earned
Re: Why Do Churches Still Collect Tithes And Donations In These Hard Times by Davidblen(m): 10:13am On Oct 09, 2016
RoyalBlak007:

.the words they use to extort the money is

Thank You, You Need To See The Pastor, His Own Pass RPG Sef
**Brethern Giving Is Like Reviving Ur Life It Is Lyk Awaking From The Dead**
Which Kyn Thing Be Dis Na

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Still Collect Tithes And Donations In These Hard Times by Davidblen(m): 10:14am On Oct 09, 2016
RoyalBlak007:

.the words they use to extort the money ...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Still Collect Tithes And Donations In These Hard Times by RoyalBlak007: 10:15am On Oct 09, 2016
cheesy grin
Davidblen:

Thank You, You Need To See The Pastor, His Own Pass RPG Sef
**Brethern Giving Is Like Reviving Ur Life It Is Lyk Awaking From The Dead**
Which Kyn Thing Be Dis Na

(1) (Reply)

Reasons For Unanswered Prayers / 20 Top Richest Pastors In The World… See How Many Nigerian Pastors Made The List / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 19/06/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.