Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,510 members, 7,816,233 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

I Almost "Stole" A Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Almost "Stole" A Car (6113 Views)

My Uncle Imported Car From UK To Lagos, Custom Officers Stole Items In The Car / 10 Outstanding Cars That Stole The New York Auto Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Almost "Stole" A Car by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 09, 2016
So yesterday, I was at a market in Surulere. I parked my car (a Honda Accord Baby Boy) beside a church and went to get a few things.

When I was done, I went over to the spot where I thought I parked. At that moment, a 2012 Silver Audi TT (my dream car grin) passed. I was staring at it while I opened the door of my car. After it was out of sight, having opened the door, I reached below the seat to unlock the truck. That was when I noticed the grey rubber carpets, and the leather seats. embarassed

I started wondering how my brown fabric seats had magically turned to grey leather. That was when I realised I opened the WRONG car. It was the same colour as mine, same alloy rims, same type of spoiler on the trunk.

I quickly locked it, and searched for mine. It was 2 cars in front. In this Buhari economy, no one will hear "it was a mistake". Thank goodness I have an innocent face, it wasn't so difficult to convince the owner of the car that it was an honest mistake. He laughed it off when he saw the two cars, and told me to be more observant next time.

I quickly went over to it, dropped all the things I got into the trunk, and sped off. embarassed embarassed

I was actually surprised the key could open the door of another car. That's just crazy. When I got home, I used the same key to open the door of a Honda Civic. That's bullsh*t!

Shouldn't each car key be different for every car, irrespective of the make? You can't experience such with German cars! No wonder they keep yabbing Honda cars. angry

7 Likes

Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by finalboss1(m): 11:43am On Oct 09, 2016
lols funny woman .dem for thrash you ..
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by uboma(m): 11:51am On Oct 09, 2016
lol.

With your moniker, I thought you drive a Benz until now.

Most Honda cars have always been like that, one Honda car keys can open other Honda cars.

1 Like

Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 09, 2016
finalboss1:
lols funny woman .dem for thrash you ..

My dear, the fear wey grip me yesterday no get part 2.
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 09, 2016
uboma:
lol.

With your moniker, I thought you drive a Benz until now.

Most Honda cars have always been like that, one Honda car keys can open other Honda cars.

I don't drive a Benz yet. grin

No wonder these Japanese cars are so easy to steal. angry

4 Likes

Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by overdrive(m): 11:59am On Oct 09, 2016
hope u went for Thanksgiving today cool

3 Likes

Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by uboma(m): 12:02pm On Oct 09, 2016
LadyMercedes:

I don't drive a Benz yet. grin

No wonder these Japanese cars are so easy to steal. angry

lol.

With your passion, I am sure you will get a cool Benz soon.

Yeah, Honda cars are so easy to steal.

I know of someone whose Honda Civic 2000 model was opened with another Honda car keys and his car stereo got stolen.
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2016
uboma:

lol.

With your passion, I am sure you will get a cool Benz soon.

Yeah, Honda cars are so easy to steal.

I know of someone whose Honda Civic 2000 model was opened with another Honda car keys and his car stereo got stolen.

oh, I will. I'll definitely get one. There's no two ways about it. smiley

The crazy part is, as long as it's Honda it'll open another Honda door, irrespective of the model. Kai! angry
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by Whizpeter(m): 12:13pm On Oct 09, 2016
Let the Honda bashing begin... grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by finalboss1(m): 12:16pm On Oct 09, 2016
lolz
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by Alvin007: 12:39pm On Oct 09, 2016
Honda car keys are very promiscuous ...I'll suggest you get steering/pedal locks..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 09, 2016
Alvin007:
Honda car keys are very promiscuous ...I'll suggest you get steering/pedal locks..

Talk about ashawo lock.

The car has got an immobiliser (security, as they call it). No one can start it, except me.
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by aieromon(m): 12:50pm On Oct 09, 2016
LadyMercedes:

Shouldn't each car key be different for every car, irrespective of the make? You can't experience such with German cars! No wonder they keep yabbing Honda cars. angry

That's why they are called ashawo keys. Your best bet is to get a pedal lock to prevent stories that touch.

1 Like

Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by Originalsly: 12:51pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hmmm.....I thought Honda had long taken care of that problem. Same happened to my brother..... key would open the doors... but not work in ignition.
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 09, 2016
aieromon:

That's why they are called ashawo keys. Your best bet is to get a pedal lock to prevent stories that touch.

Lol! Exactly what I just said. Ashawo lock that opens for every key.

The car has an immobiliser.
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 09, 2016
Originalsly:
Hmmm.....I thought Honda had long taken care of that problem. Same happened to my brother..... key would open the doors... but not work in ignition.

That's even better. I've used the car key of the Baby Boy to start my dad's Honda Civic, and vice versa.

That's crap! undecided

4 Likes

Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by Whizpeter(m): 1:03pm On Oct 09, 2016
LadyMercedes:

That's even better. I've used the car key of the Baby Boy to start my dad's Honda Civic, and vice versa.

That's crap! undecided

Lmao.... Like seriously That's BullSh!t!! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:25pm On Oct 09, 2016
LadyMercedes:
So yesterday, I was at a market in Surulere. I parked my car (a Honda Accord Baby Boy) beside a church and went to get a few things.

When I was done, I went over to the spot where I thought I parked. At that moment, a 2012 Silver Audi TT (my dream car grin) passed. I was staring at it while I opened the door of my car. After it was out of sight, having opened the door, I reached below the seat to unlock the truck. That was when I noticed the grey rubber carpets, and the leather seats. embarassed

I started wondering how my brown fabric seats had magically turned to grey leather. That was when I realised I opened the WRONG car. It was the same colour as mine, same alloy rims, same type of spoiler on the trunk.

I quickly locked it, and searched for mine. It was 2 cars in front. In this Buhari economy, no one will hear "it was a mistake". Thank goodness I have an innocent face, it wasn't so difficult to convince the owner of the car that it was an honest mistake. He laughed it off when he saw the two cars, and told me to be more observant next time.

I quickly went over to it, dropped all the things I got into the trunk, and sped off. embarassed embarassed

I was actually surprised the key could open the door of another car. That's just crazy. When I got home, I used the same key to open the door of a Honda Civic. That's bullsh*t!

Oh so it was you!! Diportivo. Where you de see the pesin wey been wan move ya car.
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by uboma(m): 1:35pm On Oct 09, 2016
Originalsly:

It has been the same problem since the 1980s Honda car models. even the 1998 model Honda Accord has the same problem. don't know if the newer models have same problem though.

2 Likes

Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by kingreign(m): 1:44pm On Oct 09, 2016
LadyMercedes:

oh, I will. I'll definitely get one. There's no two ways about it. smiley

The crazy part is, as long as it's Honda it'll open another Honda door, irrespective of the model. Kai! angry

When the EIS malfunctions or the smart keyless go refuse to suck you'd know what a Merc is all about.

1 Like

Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 09, 2016
pheeew...that's some scary shii there.
I don't think it applies to every Honda. You just gave me assignment, I would go look for another Honda car to open, a friend's own o_ before them lynch me.

I am team Honda, if I ever stop driving a Honda_ I guess amma drive another Honda. tongue

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by mejai(m): 2:03pm On Oct 09, 2016
LadyMercedes:

just imagine. u r lucky o. boys r not smiling dis dayz. tyre and fuel would have consume dis ya pretty fyn face. oya make we go thanksgiving.
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 09, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Oh so it was you!! Diportivo. Where you de see the pesin wey been wan move ya car.

cheesyAbeg oooo. No be me.
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 09, 2016
PaperLace:
pheeew...that's some scary shii there.
I don't think it applies to every Honda. You just gave me assignment, I would go look for another Honda car to open, a friend's own o_ before them lynch me.

I am team Honda, if I every stop driving a Honda_ I guess amma drive another Honda. tongue

It applies to every Honda. I'm not so sure about the new models.

Abeg, carry out your experiment with your friend's ride ô.

1 Like

Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 09, 2016
LadyMercedes:

It applies to every Honda. I'm not so sure about the new models.
Abeg, carry out your experiment with your friend's ride ô.
I guess I have to experiment.
By new models and old models...we are looking at which years?

I have once been robbed and my car key collected, I wonder if they thought I would chase after them_ am I mad?
I could open the doors with my 'fake spare' but I couldn't start. This one your own dey open and start...e pass me o.

1 Like

Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 09, 2016
mejai:
just imagine. u r lucky o. boys r not smiling dis dayz. tyre and fuel would have consume dis ya pretty fyn face. oya make we go thanksgiving.

As in ehn! Real thanksgiving. grin
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by diportivo: 3:08pm On Oct 09, 2016
LadyMercedes:

cheesyAbeg oooo. No be me.

So na u angry angry

U need to appease d gods grin grin
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 09, 2016
diportivo:

So na u angry angry

U need to appease d gods grin grin

In cash, or kind? grin
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by billy187(m): 5:22pm On Oct 09, 2016
.....And I've always been wondering why it's so easy to steal a Honda

You know, I drive the same car as a lady colleague (a generic gold- brown 2003 Ford Focus wagon). The only differences are the wheels- and of course, the license plates.I've got a good view of the parking lot so I usually park right next to her, just to watch her figure out which car is hers. It's something my evil, evil mind never gets tired of amusing itself with.

Yeah, I probably need fasting and prayers.

2 Likes

Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 09, 2016
billy187:
.....And I've always been wondering why it's so easy to steal a Honda

You know, I drive the same car as a lady colleague (a generic gold- brown 2003 Ford Focus wagon). The only differences are the wheels- and of course, the license plates.I've got a good view of the parking lot so I usually park right next to her, just to watch her figure out which car is hers. It's something my evil, evil mind never gets tired of amusing itself with.

Yeah, I probably need fasting and prayers.

That's pure evil. cheesy cheesy
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by diportivo: 5:54pm On Oct 09, 2016
LadyMercedes:

In cash, or kind? grin

d gods are technological

Virtual/physical cash

And ofcos,any type of "kind" is acceptable cool
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 09, 2016
diportivo:

d gods are technological

Virtual/physical cash

And ofcos,any type of "kind" is acceptable cool

Hmm... I like where this is going grin

How do you want the cash? And the "kind"?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Toyota Camry Tiny Lights Brings Out Much Black Smoke / I Thought i've Seen All Toyota Cars...this One Caught Me Off Guard / Urgently Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.