Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,199 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

I Almost "Stole" A Car - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Almost "Stole" A Car (6118 Views)

My Uncle Imported Car From UK To Lagos, Custom Officers Stole Items In The Car / 10 Outstanding Cars That Stole The New York Auto Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by baaliyah(m): 8:11pm On Oct 09, 2016
Not all honda cars, i just tried my 98 civic key with a 95 accord now, it didn't open and didn't start the car, and vice versa.

4 Likes

Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by RazaqMB(m): 9:07pm On Oct 09, 2016
I once tried a Nissan xterra key on an EOD and it opened. I was shocked
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by kingreign(m): 9:55pm On Oct 09, 2016
RazaqMB:

Stock Honda key cylinders won't open except it has had a malfunction or there's some other issues wrong somewhere. The EOD you refer to is even more secured than a camry.
Even 98 model pencil light Camry, you can't unlock the door using another Camry key except its locks are picked.
Even the barrels slots for keys aren't the same in both cars

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 10, 2016
RazaqMB:

Now, that is a fault. It's not normal.

1 Like

Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by RazaqMB(m): 1:17pm On Oct 10, 2016
kingreign:

Stock Honda key cylinders won't open except it has had a malfunction or there's some other issues wrong somewhere. The EOD you refer to is even more secured than a camry.
Even 98 model pencil light Camry, you can't unlock the door using another Camry key except its locks are picked.
Even the barrels slots for keys aren't the same in both cars

Maybe it was a fault. But that day wasn't funny. Then I tried the xterra key on my 2000camry and it did not work...was so relieved grin still use pedal lock tho
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by RazaqMB(m): 1:17pm On Oct 10, 2016
LadyMercedes:

Now, that is a fault. It's not normal.

Yeah I guess it was a fault
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:27pm On Oct 10, 2016
diportivo:

d gods are technological

Virtual/physical cash

And ofcos,any type of "kind" is acceptable cool

when diportivo deactivate account, we know where it started from

3 Likes

Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by Omotakins(m): 4:28pm On Oct 10, 2016
LadyMercedes:

It applies to every Honda. I'm not so sure about the new models.

Abeg, carry out your experiment with your friend's ride ô.
my colleague's 2000 Honda baby boy's key does not open the door of my 2002 version let alone the ignition. It doesn't work the way it's being postulated here.

1 Like

Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by diportivo: 4:32pm On Oct 10, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

I absolutely know where u are coming from oga mi

grin grin grin grin grin grin

LadyMercedes:

Hmm... I like where this is going grin
How do you want the cash? And the "kind"?

I will PM u the details

Appeasing the gods is beta done in private wink
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 10, 2016
Omotakins:
my colleague's 2000 Honda baby boy's key does not open the door of my 2002 version let alone the ignition. It doesn't work the way it's being postulated here.

I don't recall saying ALL Honda keys. I'm talking from experience, my dear.
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 10, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

cheesy

You're looking for trouble.
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 10, 2016
diportivo:

I absolutely know where u are coming from oga mi

grin grin grin grin grin grin

I will PM u the details

Appeasing the gods is beta done in private wink

Abeg o, Dipo, mi o fe wahala. Sha don't deactivate your account anytime soon, so that awon weyrey won't say na me put sand for their garri o. Jor ooooo. grin
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by diportivo: 4:53pm On Oct 10, 2016
LadyMercedes:

Abeg o, Dipo, mi o fe wahala. Sha don't deactivate your account anytime soon, so that awon weyrey won't say na me put sand for their garri o. Jor ooooo. grin

Emi gan o Raye jagbajantis

Mo stand well well ni hood yi ni

Deactivate bawo

Nkan to ba wun anybody lo le fenu e so tongue
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 10, 2016
diportivo:

Emi gan o Raye jagbajantis

Mo stand well well ni hood yi ni

Deactivate bawo

Nkan to ba wun anybody lo le fenu e so tongue

Lmao! Abeg o. Before Mrs Diportivo will come here to open thread about "Spilling Beans". grin
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by diportivo: 7:05pm On Oct 10, 2016
LadyMercedes:

Lmao! Abeg o. Before Mrs Diportivo will come here to open thread about "Spilling Beans". grin

Things dey happen for here oh

grin grin
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by kingreign(m): 7:43pm On Oct 10, 2016
Just passing reading by

[size=1pt]LadyMercedes vs Diportivo online **apades[/size] grin
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 10, 2016
kingreign:
Just passing reading by

[size=1pt]LadyMercedes vs Diportivo online **apades[/size] grin

Nothing to read ô grin
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by modsRbastard: 10:55am On Oct 11, 2016
I've seen a baby benz started with a fork through its ignition. I did a Lil research and found out the culprit is having too much weight dangling on your key ring in the ignition as it causes the ignition key to rub off the thread pattern in the ignition, in the long run..You'll figure almost any key can open your ignition.

So... Ladies if you're fond of putting your whole house key and that teddy bear on your key ring, remember it does more harm than it looks cute. And for the gentlemen and guy men(my category) grin cheesy. I know you hate to scamper for opener everytime a profusely perspirating Odeku is standing on your table hence you carry one on your car key ring cos it's hard to forget your car keys wink, the best part is it's even more frustrating you rush to open the Odeku and the opener bends, we all know nothing makes a man motivated to drink than that crisp "Ptshh" sound hence you invest on a more original which is heavier.

So ladies and gentle GUYmen, I hope I have been able to convince and not confuse you that having more weight on your ignition transforms your ignition to an ASHAWO key.

In other news... Did you hear someone was banned for just strolling and posting a rare cassava angry... Just strolling and cassava ooo shocked angry

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by BlackJo(m): 2:06pm On Oct 11, 2016
LadyMercedes:

Talk about ashawo lock.

The car has got an immobiliser (security, as they call it). No one can start it, except me.
The immobilizer is key. .... at least for the mean time.
I knew that with time the immobilizer could be bypassed when. ..
I Dropped my Toyota avalon with my mech to fix some minor issues, waited for him to call to say oga your car no gree start o as I didn't tell him how to start it.
Came back the next day, my car don change position. ..
Asked how he started it, he said. ....oga na we we na undecided

Then I got a shock another time when I tried to open my car remotely and another avalon nearby also opened shocked....I just weak for Japanese

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 11, 2016
modsRbastard:
I've seen a baby benz started with a fork through its ignition. I did a Lil research and found out the culprit is having too much weight dangling on your key ring in the ignition as it causes the ignition key to rub off the thread pattern in the ignition, in the long run..You'll figure almost any key can open your ignition.

So... Ladies if you're fond of putting your whole house key and that teddy bear on your key ring, remember it does more harm than it looks cute. And for the gentlemen and guy men(my category) grin cheesy. I know you hate to scamper for opener everytime a profusely perspirating Odeku is standing on your table hence you carry one on your car key ring cos it's hard to forget your car keys wink, the best part is it's even more frustrating you rush to open the Odeku and the opener bends, we all know nothing makes a man motivated to drink than that crisp "Ptshh" sound hence you invest on a more original which is heavier.

So ladies and gentle GUYmen, I hope I have been able to convince and not confuse you that having more weight on your ignition transforms your ignition to an ASHAWO key.

Wow! shocked shocked

Thanks, we learn everyday. I had NO idea.

1 Like

Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by adanny01(m): 5:55pm On Oct 11, 2016
This can happen to any brand of car or ordinary lock. The frequency with which a key is inserted into its key hole the more the wear of the key cylinder. At a point, Amy key with a similar structure willopen the cylinder.

Let's try this exercise. Most Hondas have averagely 3-5 key cylinders. The most used ones are driver's door and ignition. The least used is the interior truck lock. Since its the least used it's usually the one on best condition. As a matter of fact and experience, my mum's 96 accord's original master key doesn't lock and unlock the trunk release lock but the copy we made when the car was new is the only key that works on the trunk release. The original key is worn and worked on my friends 86 accord when he lost his keys but the copy of ours didn't.

Basically is just wear and tear.

When I cut a new key shell for my 03 accord, the new cut refused to open the trunk and trunk release but after another month of wear, it eventually worked. My friends 08 accord key shell was cut over 6 months ago, till today, that key only manages to enter the door cylinder but has never worked on the trunk release. The old one does smoothly.

That's why I always encourage using remote entry which will maintain the good condition of door cylinder to reject buglar keys and reduce vulnerability.

2 Likes

Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 11, 2016
modsRbastard:

In other news... Did you hear someone was banned for just strolling and posting a rare cassava angry... Just strolling and cassava ooo shocked angry

lols.
@ teddy bear. Thanks a lot...
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by modsRbastard: 7:20pm On Oct 11, 2016
PaperLace:

lols.
@ teddy bear. Thanks a lot...

You're welcome Madam...enlighten Oga too, that bonanza Odeku opener on his car key ring might cost him more. You don't want oga to kaju sóke (eyes up) saying, "arabìrín! angry.. No ask me money for shopping this month, I just changed sucking key, hammer, ECU and recoding, just be dishing Gari and eba, I won't complain." cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by modsRbastard: 7:24pm On Oct 11, 2016
LadyMercedes:

Wow! shocked shocked

Thanks, we learn everyday. I had NO idea.

You're welcome darling wink
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 11, 2016
modsRbastard:

You're welcome Madam...enlighten Oga too, that bonanza Odeku opener on his car key ring might cost him more. You don't want oga to kaju sóke (eyes up) saying, "arabìrín! angry.. No ask me money for shopping this month, I just changed sucking key, hammer, ECU and recoding, just be dishing Gari and eba, I won't complain." cheesy grin

I will definitely enlighten him.
He doesn't take Odeku... angry
It's men that are actually more guilty of attaching all their house keys to their car key...

1 Like

Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by modsRbastard: 9:19pm On Oct 11, 2016
PaperLace:

It's men that are actually more guilty of attaching all their house keys to their car key...

Kinda true. Imagine you're being stalked/followed like the gif bellow, then you bolt to your car to make a get away only to start searching for the ignition key among the numerous keys, at this point one is tense to compose him or her self.

Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by kingreign(m): 10:45pm On Oct 11, 2016
BlackJo:

The immobilizer is key. .... at least for the mean time.
I knew that with time the immobilizer could be bypassed when. ..
I Dropped my Toyota avalon with my mech to fix some minor issues, waited for him to call to say oga your car no gree start o as I didn't tell him how to start it.
Came back the next day, my car don change position. ..
Asked how he started it, he said. ....oga na we we na undecided

Then I got a shock another time when I tried to open my car remotely and another avalon nearby also opened shocked....I just weak for Japanese

I disagree totally with you. All through out the ownership of Japanese cars, I discovered only your fob which is programmed to your car can open your car. It CANNOT open another car. Intact, if you have two Toyotas with fobs, press the unlock button simultaneously, NONE of the cars will respond. No beep, no chirp no door lock or unlock. Besides, your fob can only work on your car as long as its been married to your car Transceiver system. Basically, Toyota use Radio Waves which have unique sets of codes reprogrammed into the Transceiver each time you press the button of the keyfob. These codes always change at each press of the remote and hence its called rolling codes. Go read more on Toyota key fob and rolling codes.

The only reason why your key fobs operates another fob is maybe the two cars use a cheap chinko aftermarket keyfob and transceiver system. Every keyfob produced by Toyota always Complies with Rule 15 of FCC laws which states that "they may not cause harmful interference, but may receive interference even if it will result to undesirable operations".

4 Likes

Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by kingreign(m): 10:46pm On Oct 11, 2016
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 12, 2016
adanny01:
This can happen to any brand of car or ordinary lock. The frequency with which a key is inserted into its key hole the more the wear of the key cylinder. At a point, Amy key with a similar structure willopen the cylinder.

Let's try this exercise. Most Hondas have averagely 3-5 key cylinders. The most used ones are driver's door and ignition. The least used is the interior truck lock. Since its the least used it's usually the one on best condition. As a matter of fact and experience, my mum's 96 accord's original master key doesn't lock and unlock the trunk release lock but the copy we made when the car was new is the only key that works on the trunk release. The original key is worn and worked on my friends 86 accord when he lost his keys but the copy of ours didn't.

Basically is just wear and tear.

When I cut a new key shell for my 03 accord, the new cut refused to open the trunk and trunk release but after another month of wear, it eventually worked. My friends 08 accord key shell was cut over 6 months ago, till today, that key only manages to enter the door cylinder but has never worked on the trunk release. The old one does smoothly.

That's why I always encourage using remote entry which will maintain the good condition of door cylinder to reject buglar keys and reduce vulnerability.

Until the battery starts messing up.

Happened with my dad's 2001 Toyota Camry.

I tried to unlock it sometime ago, on my way home, it didn't budge. Had to use the key... then the bloody alarm went off. I started answering questions no one asked... "it's my car, I'm not stealing it". Even the spare remote didn't work.

After so many attempts, I finally got the alarm to shut up!

Personally, I wouldn't recommend Remote Controls. No, thank you.

1 Like

Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 12, 2016
PaperLace:

You should see my mum's car key. FC Barcelona Keyholder, attached to a Bank Keyholder, attached to the house keys, with the key to the generator house.

My dad, on the other hand, only has the house key, and a bottle opener (don't ask).
Re: I Almost "Stole" A Car by BlackJo(m): 2:08pm On Oct 12, 2016
kingreign:

I disagree totally with you. All through out the ownership of Japanese cars, I discovered only your fob which is programmed to your car can open your car. It CANNOT open another car. Intact, if you have two Toyotas with fobs, press the unlock button simultaneously, NONE of the cars will respond. No beep, no chirp no door lock or unlock. Besides, your fob can only work on your car as long as its been married to your car Transceiver system. Basically, Toyota use Radio Waves which have unique sets of codes reprogrammed into the Transceiver each time you press the button of the keyfob. These codes always change at each press of the remote and hence its called rolling codes. Go read more on Toyota key fob and rolling codes.

The only reason why your key fobs operates another fob is maybe the two cars use a cheap chinko aftermarket keyfob and transceiver system. Every keyfob produced by Toyota always Complies with Rule 15 of FCC laws which states that "they may not cause harmful interference, but may receive interference even if it will result to undesirable operations".

You don't have to totally disagree or agree with me man, what I said happened actually did happen.
Your keyfob theory is cool though.
Sometimes my remote just blinks my indicator lights without opening the car. .... ended up using the key.
Hell I didn't even know my car had an alarm system after almost a year of usage until it blared in my face when I tried to unlock the car through the rolled down window while standing outside undecided.
Been trying to repeat the same feat just to hear it blare again. ... but the car no gree o.
Sometimes I just wonder what new thing I'll find out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hybrid-electric Vehicles: Ask Mymotong (prius, Honda Insight, Camry Hybrid...) / My Toyota Camry Tiny Lights Brings Out Much Black Smoke / Guys Dont Laugh O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.