Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,614 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP (16732 Views)

Names Of Judges Under Investigation By DSS Exposed. / Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely / DSS Invading Homes Of Judges In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by seguno2: 9:36pm On Oct 09, 2016
Great call by PDP.

2 Likes

Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by gimbayaro(m): 9:37pm On Oct 09, 2016
MrALIVE:
PDP should please learn to keep quiet! They are part of the problem to be solved! They lack the moral standing to talk on any national issue

Who are the PDP & who are the APC. my friend just say Nigerian political system is very poor

1 Like

Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by Bollinger(m): 9:39pm On Oct 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Buhari should not test the resolve of Nigerians. We are not averse to cleansing of the judiciary, but doing it in a gustapo style like there is a maximum power won't be tolerated.

For the record, I am against anything corruption, I will always call for cleansing of the sector but we have to be careful not to allow the President to Exercise maximum power so as not to create an Hitler.

Power Corrupts, Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely!

You guys are funny. Nigeria has never really had any laws backing whatever it's people do. It has always been might is right. Whoever was in power did whatever the phuck he/she wanted. This is not new or surprising. This is what happens in a jungle justice society. Embrace it.
Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by jide219(m): 9:40pm On Oct 09, 2016
If u are a lawyer or u are aspiring to be one and u are political scientist or aspiring to be one I think u all should go to aso rock and give buhari some sense

2 Likes

Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by DLondonboiy: 9:40pm On Oct 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Exactly! My question is why is it that the DSS are only gunning after judges that ruled in favor of PDP? Are we saying these are the only bad guys in the sector?

That aside, why invade a man's house in the wee hours of 1am when the law stipulates that a search Warrant can only be executed between 06:00 hours and 18:00 hours?

Secondly, even if they engaged in bribery, bribery is not a treasonable offence in Nigeria. It is their right to first be invited, if they refused invitation then any arrest would be justified. But were they arrested?

My primary concern is that Mr President is trying to arrogate himself maximum power which must be resisted.

Zombies would not see it this way...

2 Likes

Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by emynike2001(m): 9:41pm On Oct 09, 2016
what can we say about this huge money in d hands of our lawyers, HAVE THEY TURNED TO BANK OF JUSTICE overnight

2 Likes

Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by andyanders: 9:42pm On Oct 09, 2016
360metrosports:
Sometime in the early hours of October 8th, 2016 men of the Directorate of State Security (DSS) carried out Gestapo like invasions on the homes of a number of Justices of the Supreme Court of Nigeria and the Federal High Court.

The affected Justices of the Supreme Court were, Sylvanus Ngwuta and Inyang Okoro. The affected Judges of the Federal High Court were Muazu Pindiga, Adeniyi Ademola, Abdullahi Liman and Nnamdi Dimgba.

At this time, Justices Ngwuta and Okoro of the Supreme Court and Justices Adeniyi & Pindiga had been abducted and detained. Justice Dimgba only escaped abduction because he was not at home at the time. Justice Abdullahi’s abduction was prevented by the timely intervention of Governor Nyesom Wike, who insisted on the observance of the rule of law and the application of due process.

Governor Nyesome Wike was assaulted by the men of the DSS during his intervention causing him to sustain injuries on his arm. At a point, an officer pointed a fully cocked gun at him and threatened to shoot him.

The invasion was carried out between 0100hrs and 0500hrs in the early morning using hundreds of fully armed men of the DSS. During the invasion, the Justices were manhandled and members of their families as well as their household staff beaten up.

This invasion is the latest in a series of actions taken by the President Muhammadu Buhari administration which reveal its disregard for the rule of law and its abject disdain for the Principle of Separation of Powers.

This inexorable slide into fascism began with the invasion of the Akwa Ibom State Government House by the self same DSS, the continued detention of several people despite Courts ordering their release, the invasion of the Ekiti State House of Assembly and detention of Hon. Akanni Afolabi and the invasion of the Zamfara State House of Assembly.

This slide into fascism has included a sustained attack on the leadership of the National Assembly as President Buhari has sought to break its independence and make it a rubber stamp to suit his will.

It is worthy to note that NEVER in the history of our Country has any President attacked the Judiciary in such a manner. Even the late dictator - General Sani Abacha, whose regime is remembered by many as the second worst regime in Nigerian history, did not carry out such Gestapo style attacks on the members of the Judiciary.

By bringing this attack to the Judiciary, President Buhari has shown that he has no desire to respect the pillars of our democracy. He has shown his desire to kill off our democracy and convert it to an autocracy without checks and balances.

The government has no regard for the rule of law. They do not care about Court Orders. This Government has disregarded the Orders of the ECOWAS Court and every other Courts in the land and continue to detain Dasuki illegally. They continue to detain hundreds of Nigerians without bringing them to trial and against valid Court Orders.

For the avoidance of doubt, the Constitution in Section 153(1)(i) and Part 1 of the Third Schedule thereto establishes the National Judicial Council (NJC) and empowers same to regulate and discipline judges across the Country. The proper path to follow to discipline erring judges will be to forward a petition containing any wrong doing to the NJC along with any evidence in support thereof.

The path not to follow is this Gestapo style invasion in the middle of the night that involves the use of sledgehammers to breakdown gates and front doors for DSS to gain access to the homes.

Nigerians can no longer afford to stand aside and watch the Buhari Administration destroy the foundations of our democracy that we have built for several years. Nigerians have a duty to speak out against this sort of tyranny.

God bless Nigeria.

Signed:

Prince Dayo Adeyeye
National Publicity Secretary

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/10/arrest-of-judges-descent-into-fascism.html

Rubbish write up. They are corrupt and must be exposed and jailed. In China, they will face public execution. Buhari never did anything wrong. Corruption is an epidemic in our system hence our judiciary has been the main cause of the problem. The corrupt ones should be shown the way out. It happens same way in most civilized countries.

3 Likes

Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by kkboy(m): 9:43pm On Oct 09, 2016
Most of the judges are criminals and deserve what they got. #istandwithDSS

1 Like

Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 09, 2016
As I suspected, the Masses are doomed as the only arm capable of raising a voice to injustice and continued regression into neanderthal times in Africa are busy making aimless noise on nairaland.. do you f$@#k$ think that this is all a joke?! well guess who the masses will turn to when they become too desperate to be nice any longer.. yes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by warrah(m): 9:45pm On Oct 09, 2016
This was how Mugabe started by disregarding the rule of law in his dealings with white farmers, judges and political opponents in the name of fighting corruption. Zimbabweans were praising him then, till he became a monster that has been ruling in Zimbabwe for decades.....Zimbabweans are suffering but all institutions that can checkmate their president has been destroyed

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by saintkel(m): 9:45pm On Oct 09, 2016
mazifrankmore:
this government is not after any corruption in the judiciary sector. If they are,why haven't they arrest justice Abang and other judges who dances to there tone and dishes out frivolous judgement?

What the want is to instill fear in the judiciary so the will be sure of winning any case when the start clamping down on the opponents against 2019 election.

Am sorry for lame zombies who fail to see the hand writing on the wall.shebi tinuba has been served Amala? Na ewedu remain
dis got me laughing out loud. D Yorubas won't learn n its so annoying

5 Likes

Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by gimbayaro(m): 9:46pm On Oct 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Buhari should not test the resolve of Nigerians. We are not averse to cleansing of the judiciary, but doing it in a gustapo style like there is a maximum power won't be tolerated.

For the record, I am against anything corruption, I will always call for cleansing of the sector but we have to be careful not to allow the President to Exercise maximum power so as not to create an Hitler.

You will see what the judiyiary will use him and do. He thought he will be in power forever

1 Like

Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by IYANGBALI: 9:47pm On Oct 09, 2016
Abeg today na Sunday oloyin momo na who cook jollof rice make him give me small chop
Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by SharkTank(m): 9:47pm On Oct 09, 2016
9jii:
Useless Ipoo yoot shut up. Ignorance and hatred dried your Brain

From both your comments, its obvious he has better morals than you

1 Like

Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by teedutch(m): 9:50pm On Oct 09, 2016
It is only in Nigeria that the poor masses support corrupt leaders. And come to think of it most of those people that are against what the DSS do are been bias and ignorant and they lack knowledge. As for me I solidly support what the DSS and the Buhari administration are doing. Please ride on we the intelligent an educated masses are solidly behind u.

4 Likes

Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by teedutch(m): 9:51pm On Oct 09, 2016
I need 10 likes if you believe in Buhari administration

10 Likes

Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by WowSweetGuy(m): 9:53pm On Oct 09, 2016
mazifrankmore:
this government is not after any corruption in the judiciary sector. If they are,why haven't they arrest justice Abang and other judges who dances to there tone and dishes out frivolous judgement?

What the want is to instill fear in the judiciary so the will be sure of winning any case when the start clamping down on the opponents against 2019 election.

Am sorry for lame zombies who fail to see the hand writing on the wall.shebi tinuba has been served Amala? Na ewedu remain
more oil is still being added to d ewedu b4 served

3 Likes

Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by jameskey(m): 9:58pm On Oct 09, 2016
some jugdes are very corrupt.Always perverting justice for dirty cash.some of them go as far as working hand in hand with the so called SAN to abuse court processes and deprive lawyers and their client right of fair hearing,just because the SAN always give them gratification for birthday,burial or ceremony.God is watching all of you
Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by olutosfem(f): 9:58pm On Oct 09, 2016
Nobody is above the law. The federal govt is trying to eradicate corruption in the judiciary and when the judiciary is corrupt we as a nation aren't safe. The only concern is the barbaric way it was been done by breaking down fence or whatsoever and in the wee hours of the night. The judiciary is even our problem that's why there is jungle justice upandan cos they keep adjourning cases.

1 Like

Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by brightology3: 9:58pm On Oct 09, 2016
9jii:

Useless Babies seller.

Lugard passed us to continue with colonialism of sub human you are. That's why your are still begging us to let you Go.
oga abeg shut up, you are making noise

4 Likes

Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by Bom4Real: 10:00pm On Oct 09, 2016
The dullard in Chief must be checked if not he will end up being the worse democratic Despot in Africa,I thought by having a Lawyer Daughter she will be able to school u properly on the tenets on Democracy,since its very obvious u don't take advice from sane people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by chiedu7: 10:03pm On Oct 09, 2016
[size=14pt]Buhari is simply arresting all you stand in his way!

Buhari is really a dictator !
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by iDealWithFools: 10:04pm On Oct 09, 2016
I'm not surprised the PDP say this. they share the same brain cell with the morbid nitwit call Proftea who plague this site with his foolishness.

Nigeria will be well when we do away with peeps like the idiots in PDP and APC together with poverty stricken bastards like Proftea.
Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

For the record, I am against anything corruption, I will always call for cleansing of the sector but we have to be careful not to allow the President to Exercise maximum power so as not to create an Hitler

1 Like

Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by nobeku: 10:08pm On Oct 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Exactly! My question is why is it that the DSS are only gunning after judges that ruled in favor of PDP? Are we saying these are the only bad guys in the sector?

That aside, why invade a man's house in the wee hours of 1am when the law stipulates that a search Warrant can only be executed between 06:00 hours and 18:00 hours?

Secondly, even if they engaged in bribery, bribery is not a treasonable offence in Nigeria. It is their right to first be invited, if they refused invitation then any arrest would be justified. But were they arrested?

My primary concern is that Mr President is trying to arrogate himself maximum power which must be resisted.
What time did you say a search warrant can only be enforced..You are a PATHOLOGICAL LIAR!!!

4 Likes

Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

...... grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by ziga: 10:11pm On Oct 09, 2016
mazifrankmore:

This argument doesn't make sense.

Like when a student gets caught for making noise and he says... " It wasn't only me... Babatunde too was talking. Why don't you catch him too"

They got caught. If they are guilty, why are you angry?

Is it possible to catch all criminals at once. Catch the ones we can now. Buhari wouldn't be there forever to protect his people. Abi him presidency na for life.

Nigerians don't want any improvement for Nigeria. I swear.

1 Like

Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by kaka74: 10:13pm On Oct 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Thanks don't mind d akpa amus supporting anyfing buhari. Even rape of law d Gadhaffis, Assads, kim ji uns , Stalins, Hitlers and benito mussolinis na so dem start nd became more daring cos pple cheered on till it blew up

2 Likes

Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by switch47(m): 10:14pm On Oct 09, 2016
The NBA President called on President Muhammadu Buhari to order the immediate release of the arrested judges, vowing that there would be consequences should the demand be ignored.
Mahmoud said, “I want to emphasise again that we are not under military rule and we cannot accept this unholy event and Gestapo-style operation.
“We, therefore, call on President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately caution all the state security agencies and to respect the rule of law and to respect due process.
“I want to, on behalf of the association, make the very following clear and unequivocal demands: we demand the immediate and unconditional release of all the judges abducted from about 9pm yesterday (Friday).
“The release must be done immediately and without any conditions. Two, we demand that the Department of State Services should limit itself to its statutory and constitutional responsibilities.

3 Likes

Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by ziga: 10:15pm On Oct 09, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4336984_screenshot201610082105321_jpege40839aa234c4bdcc6fff441a89697d8

Which democracy

If the masses truly had power, would our corrupt leaders be here running Nigeria into the ground.

It is time to restore power to the masses.

The arrest of the accused Judges is a threat to all of una corrupt, greedy politicians and Judiciary.

If your nyash no dey smell, why you dey fear?
Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 09, 2016
Sharrap there! Shut your mouths... these immoral corrupt judges deserve this and more. How can a judge have millions of dollars in cash in his house. This country is finished

1 Like

Re: Arrest Of Judges: Descent Into Fascism – PDP by ziga: 10:21pm On Oct 09, 2016
teedutch:
It is only in Nigeria that the poor masses support corrupt leaders. And come to think of it most of those people that are against what the DSS do are been bias and ignorant and they lack knowledge. As for me I solidly support what the DSS and the Buhari administration are doing. Please ride on we the intelligent an educated masses are solidly behind u.

Thank you brother!!!

Great countries fought wars to defend their democracy and rights in the past.

America didn't become what it is overnight.

If America was as corrupt as Naija dey right now, Americans will not sit back to watch!!! They will be at war!!!

Confirm.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari, Yahaya Bello, Ikpeazu & Others Honored At Daily Times 91st Anniversary / Reno Omokri: The Main Obidient on Twitter Is An Abuja Based Male IPOB Agent / JTF Arrests Immigration Officer Boko-Haram Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.