Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Ambode Inspects Modern Bus Terminal At TBS And Ilubirin, Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Inspects Modern Bus Terminal At TBS And Ilubirin, Lagos (32642 Views)

Newly Built Ikeja Bus Terminal By Governor Ambode (Photos) / Governor Ambode Commissions A New Bus Terminal At TBS, Lagos (See Photos) / Ambode Inspects Abule Egba Flyover And Other Projects (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Inspects Modern Bus Terminal At TBS And Ilubirin, Lagos by Originalsly: 1:56am On Oct 10, 2016
I'm confused...can someone please explain? What really is the ultra modern world class bus terminal? Is it the building?...or the canvas canopy? Either way... if the buses aren't electric buses..then diesel smoke would soon completely change the colour of the canopy terminus.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Inspects Modern Bus Terminal At TBS And Ilubirin, Lagos by fabolouz1(m): 2:36am On Oct 10, 2016
This is not a project to be inspected by a Governor. This is a project that a Local council should embark upon. Unfortunately this is Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode Inspects Modern Bus Terminal At TBS And Ilubirin, Lagos by iamkingzlee(m): 4:59am On Oct 10, 2016
He's working and no one can change that fact! I was there yesterday and i was wowed at the rapid development he made in few months.
Re: Ambode Inspects Modern Bus Terminal At TBS And Ilubirin, Lagos by twinskenny(m): 5:15am On Oct 10, 2016
Nice
Re: Ambode Inspects Modern Bus Terminal At TBS And Ilubirin, Lagos by ifyalways(f): 5:57am On Oct 10, 2016
I saw this some weeks ago and it was lovely.

Ambode is really trying for Lagos. I just hope it will be maintained and secured free from Street urchins.

Perhaps when they are done with construction they put up a gate and fence there. undecided
Re: Ambode Inspects Modern Bus Terminal At TBS And Ilubirin, Lagos by jaymichael(m): 6:49am On Oct 10, 2016
LeslieChow:
One thing I have noticed and like about Ambode is that he works all through the week. Weekends are included as part of his work day.

That is the drive of someone who wants to get things done. Keep it up.
Fashola too did that as Governor. I have a bros that works with Julius Berger who told me that Fashola does most of his inspections at night and during weekends.
Re: Ambode Inspects Modern Bus Terminal At TBS And Ilubirin, Lagos by Bitterleafsoup: 7:06am On Oct 10, 2016
OlajumokeBread:
Modern bus terminal with no seats ??

Looks like a 1867 bus terminal to me
Thats what I was perplexed about as well?
Re: Ambode Inspects Modern Bus Terminal At TBS And Ilubirin, Lagos by uncleade(m): 7:08am On Oct 10, 2016
GREAT.
Re: Ambode Inspects Modern Bus Terminal At TBS And Ilubirin, Lagos by Bitterleafsoup: 7:10am On Oct 10, 2016
Originalsly:
I'm confused...can someone please explain? What really is the ultra modern world class bus terminal? Is it the building?...or the canvas canopy? Either way... if the buses aren't electric buses..then diesel smoke would soon completely change the colour of the canopy terminus.
Can you imagine them calling this modern? NO benches, NO t.v. with schedules. How much did this cost BTW.
I am sure no less then 100 million ngn bet me!

1 Like

Re: Ambode Inspects Modern Bus Terminal At TBS And Ilubirin, Lagos by Bitterleafsoup: 7:14am On Oct 10, 2016
jaymichael:
Fashola too did that as Governor. I have a bros that works with Julius Berger who told me that Fashola does most of his inspections at night and during weekends.
What did Fashola inspect? The same rode and roundabout Ambode has been inspecting in 2 years. All I saw Fashola inspect were other peoples schools, while they can never tell us what happen to the millions he pocked from the World bank for education. Or is it that very ugly Tinubu stadium, which is a big disgrace.
Re: Ambode Inspects Modern Bus Terminal At TBS And Ilubirin, Lagos by uncleade(m): 7:21am On Oct 10, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

YOU ARE SURELY ONE OF THE ENEMIES OF PROGRESS.
Re: Ambode Inspects Modern Bus Terminal At TBS And Ilubirin, Lagos by jaymichael(m): 7:25am On Oct 10, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
What did Fashola inspect? The same rode and roundabout Ambode has been inspecting in 2 years. All I saw Fashola inspect were other peoples schools, while they can never tell us what happen to the millions he pocked from the World bank for education. Or is it that very ugly Tinubu stadium, which is a big disgrace.
If you are talking about education, don't even go there at all. Using the LG I know very well, AILG, All those dilapidated schools in Tolu school complex were renovated. Some were completely knocked down and rebuilt. I know how CkC primary school Orodu used to be like before the rebuilding. Same goes for all the 20 LGs. Fashola did very well in the area of education.
Re: Ambode Inspects Modern Bus Terminal At TBS And Ilubirin, Lagos by normaljenny(m): 8:09am On Oct 10, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

What is so ULTRA MODERN about this park?

All the same kudos to ambode
Re: Ambode Inspects Modern Bus Terminal At TBS And Ilubirin, Lagos by loomer: 8:52am On Oct 10, 2016
Wetin modern about this terminal o?

1 Like

Re: Ambode Inspects Modern Bus Terminal At TBS And Ilubirin, Lagos by anonimi: 8:58am On Oct 10, 2016
loomer:
Wetin modern about this terminal o?

The bogus amount, which must have been PADDED in order to siphon our money by these leaders looters.
Who will save us from ourselves

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2594708_2015070614_49_24_jpeg729d77cc44780fac0baef3b112466d22

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2900978_nigeria_jpeg4ee84b7726a847792475badcbc938fb7

1 Like

Re: Ambode Inspects Modern Bus Terminal At TBS And Ilubirin, Lagos by anonimi: 9:02am On Oct 10, 2016
fabolouz1:
This is not a project to be inspected by a Governor. This is a project that a Local council should embark upon. Unfortunately this is Nigeria.

Many of the things that we praise our governors for are the work and responsibilities of our LGAs as you rightly pointed out.

CONSTITUTION OF THE
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

Fourth Schedule
Functions of a Local Government Council

1. The main functions of a local government council are as follows:

(a) the consideration and the making of recommendations to a State commission on economic planning or any similar body on -
(i) the economic development of the State, particularly in so far as the areas of authority of the council and of the State are affected, and
(ii) proposals made by the said commission or body;
(b) collection of rates, radio and television licences;
(c) establishment and maintenance of cemeteries, burial grounds and homes for the destitute or infirm;
(d) licensing of bicycles, trucks (other than mechanically propelled trucks), canoes, wheel barrows and carts;
(e) establishment, maintenance and regulation of slaughter houses, slaughter slabs, markets, motor parks and public conveniences;
(f) construction and maintenance of roads, streets, street lightings, drains and other public highways, parks, gardens, open spaces, or such public facilities as may be prescribed from time to time by the House of Assembly of a State;
(g) naming of roads and streets and numbering of houses;
(h) provision and maintenance of public conveniences, sewage and refuse disposal;
(i) registration of all births, deaths and marriages;

(j) assessment of privately owned houses or tenements for the purpose of levying such rates as may be prescribed by the House of Assembly of a State; and

(k) control and regulation of -

(i) out-door advertising and hoarding,
(ii) movement and keeping of pets of all description,
(iii) shops and kiosks,
(iv) restaurants, bakeries and other places for sale of food to the public,
(v) laundries, and
(vi) licensing, regulation and control of the sale of liquor.

2. The functions of a local government council shall include participation of such council in the Government of a State as respects the following matters -

the provision and maintenance of primary, adult and vocational education;
(b) the development of agriculture and natural resources, other than the exploitation of materials
(c) the provision and maintenance of health services; and
(d) such other functions as may be conferred on a local government council by the House of Assembly of the State.

Source: http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/documents/ConstitutionalMatters/1999Constitution/FourthSchedule.html

1 Like

Re: Ambode Inspects Modern Bus Terminal At TBS And Ilubirin, Lagos by loomer: 9:39am On Oct 10, 2016
anonimi:

The bogus amount, which must have been PADDED in order to siphon our money by these leaders looters.
Who will save us from ourselves

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2594708_2015070614_49_24_jpeg729d77cc44780fac0baef3b112466d22

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2900978_nigeria_jpeg4ee84b7726a847792475badcbc938fb7

True o.
The annoying thing be say our youths go dey praise them if them just do one yeye thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode Inspects Modern Bus Terminal At TBS And Ilubirin, Lagos by Abdulazeez007(m): 11:54am On Oct 10, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

alaye its still under construction. moreover, seats are not that needed buses are always available 24/7.
Re: Ambode Inspects Modern Bus Terminal At TBS And Ilubirin, Lagos by ebby9z(m): 12:23pm On Oct 10, 2016
martineverest:
maintenance matters alot...most of d brt bus/stop are now wreckages and ruins

Most? Kindly cite examples, sir

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ajibola, Ajimobi’s Daughter Denies Blasting LAUTECH Students / Kaduna In Lock Down, As El-zakzaky Appears In Court (Photos) / Doyin Okupe Withdraws From 2023 Race As VP To Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.