Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,992 members, 7,863,549 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:54 PM

Arrested Judges: Matters For Determination. Legal Perspective - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arrested Judges: Matters For Determination. Legal Perspective (596 Views)

Arrested Judges: Court Summons Buhari, DSS / DSS Yet To Forward Complaint Against Seven Arrested Judges – CJN / Arrested Judges: Ogungbeje Sues Buhari, AGF, DSS Others For N50bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arrested Judges: Matters For Determination. Legal Perspective by Built2last: 6:35pm On Oct 09, 2016
#BRING BACK OUR JUDGES NOW!!!

We protest for the following reasons amongst others:

All the Judges affected are the ones that sat in Election Tribunals and awarded victory to PDP, so what happened to the perceived APC Judges?

Is the DSS the Nigeria Police Force, EFCC or ICPC that they now exercise powers of arrest and detention in matters of corruption? Where did they get that power?

Where did they get the Warrants to arrest, detain, torture and search the judges?

Is the DSS an enforcement agency of the National Judicial Commission Rules?

Why raid judges at night and humiliate them over mere allegations that stands to be proved?

How can they prove that those monies were found in the Houses of the judges when we all know the capacity of the DSS to plant evidence and witnesses against suspects contrary to Law?

So the Judges at home had money, while the ones that were absent had no money, how can you explain that?

Which independent person was there to search the DSS officials before they commenced their illegal breaking and entry and searches of the judges.

So you think if the Ghanaians were so idiotic to take such nonsense outside due process, we Nigerians should excuse same even when we are not idiots?

Anti-corruption is a concept of Law and order and the fight in its favour must fall within the ambit of the law.

The DSS being a creation of law cannot afford to continue operating outside due process and law. Apologies to Justice Nnamdi Dimgba who took judicial notice of their immaturity and barbarisms.

We totally condemn all forms of impunity and affront on the independence of the judiciary. The President is wrong on this one, with due respect.

DO YOU ALSO KNOW I CONDEMN THE DSS's CONDUCTS FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS:

1) Search Warrants are executed between 6:00 AM and 6:00 PM except on weekends.

2) Search Warrants are valid only if issued by a court of competent jurisdiction.

3) Search Warrants obtained in one State of Nigeria cannot be executed in another State excepted it is endorsed by a Magistrate or Judge equal in rank to the one that issued the Warrant.

4) Only two or three agencies in Nigeria are charged with the investigation of corruption cases namely the EFCC, the ICPC and the Nigeria Police.

5) Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) and VIPs who do not constitute a flight risk are usually invited to appear before investigation Agencies.

6) The National Judicial Commission (NJC) is the only body empowered to sanction Judges and Justices found wanting in the discharge of their duties.

7) A current Governor is the Chief Security Officer of his State.

cool A current Governor enjoys immunity in terms of prosecution and the inviolability of his person.

9) The Judges in question have issued unfavourable judgements against the arresting Agency in the past, thus casting aspersions on the motive for their arrest.

ISSUES FOR DETERMINATION
1) Did the arresting Agency actually procure an Arrest Warrant from a Court of competent jurisdiction?

2) Did the arresting Agency adhere to the rules governing the procurement and execution of a Search Warrant?

3) Did the arresting Agency exhaust the option of extending an invitation to the suspects before procuring the Arrest Warrant?

4) Did the arrested suspects at any time pose the risk of taking to flight?

5) Does the arresting Agency not have people at all the land, sea and air borders to prevent an escape of the suspects?

6) Did the arresting Agency at any time write a letter to the National Judicial Commission (NJC) highlighting the offences committed by the suspects and demanding their release for an interview?

This Court reserves judgement in this matter. I will rise.

#Judiciary must not be gagged #Liberty & Freedom
Re: Arrested Judges: Matters For Determination. Legal Perspective by chefremy(m): 6:39pm On Oct 09, 2016
grabbing my seat,see my signature
Re: Arrested Judges: Matters For Determination. Legal Perspective by rusher14: 6:40pm On Oct 09, 2016
Let us also invite extend invitation to Shekau.
Re: Arrested Judges: Matters For Determination. Legal Perspective by Built2last: 6:46pm On Oct 09, 2016
I invite other lawyers sworn to uphold the constitution in this forum to share their determination on this case.

I don't see FG winning this battle. The case will still go back to courts.

Lalasticlala mynd44 Seun
Re: Arrested Judges: Matters For Determination. Legal Perspective by PedroJP(m): 7:19pm On Oct 09, 2016
Mynd44. Look at the truth here. Push this to front page, at least these are known facts unlike the ones u moved to fp only detailing DSS own side of the story that can't be confirmed.

I can equally understand that nairaland could be under lai's payroll list.

Lalasticlala
Re: Arrested Judges: Matters For Determination. Legal Perspective by PedroJP(m): 7:27pm On Oct 09, 2016
All judges who ruled in favour of APC are saints and didn't collect bribe.

See what Lugard caused. God why ? God where were u when this Lugard was merging my nation with Hausas and fulani's ? Let me not talk about those who abandoned their brothers in Benin and Togo just to attach to Igbos.

If not for Lugard and Britains experiment, there is no way a fulani herder, illiterate one at that will be piloting affairs of my state. Chai, bad condition.

(1) (Reply)

I Was Never Arrested By EFCC- Uche Ogah / My Predictions On Propaganda Spot On, 1yr After! / Buhari Should Be Suspicious Of Anyone Who Advises Him To Ignore Biafra- Soludo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.