Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,137 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Help!!! My German Shepherd Just Came On Heat - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help!!! My German Shepherd Just Came On Heat (3365 Views)

Woman Left Her Dog With A Nigerian Groomer, See Its Look When She Came Back / CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) / Jezebel Our Female French Mastiff (dogue De Bourdeax) Came On Heat Today...pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! My German Shepherd Just Came On Heat by whalexyy(m): 10:30pm On Oct 09, 2016
My German Shepherd just came on heat today and I'm lost on what to do and how yo go about it, help out. Please I need answer on when to mate her and for how many days should the mating take plus other useful tips. thanks
Re: Help!!! My German Shepherd Just Came On Heat by whalexyy(m): 10:37pm On Oct 09, 2016
these are her pictures

Re: Help!!! My German Shepherd Just Came On Heat by egorov(m): 11:50pm On Oct 09, 2016
First and foremost vaccinate her. The vaccine will protect the puppies if she made it. Secondly get a good stud of not less than 1.5years old with good record of mating success. Begin mating on the 10yh day, repeat on the 12th day and end it on the 14th day. Then keep d dog caged, restrict her movement and feed well. U can also give her folic acid, a tab per day.
By the way. U have a good dog

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My German Shepherd Just Came On Heat by blessedvisky(m): 1:38am On Oct 10, 2016
Your dog is fine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! My German Shepherd Just Came On Heat by whalexyy(m): 6:52am On Oct 10, 2016
egorov:
First and foremost vaccinate her. The vaccine will protect the puppies if she made it. Secondly get a good stud of not less than 1.5years old with good record of mating success. Begin mating on the 10yh day, repeat on the 12th day and end it on the 14th day. Then keep d dog caged, restrict her movement and feed well. U can also give her folic acid, a tab per day.
By the way. U have a good dog
. Thanks a lot brother for this tip
Re: Help!!! My German Shepherd Just Came On Heat by blessedvisky(m): 7:08am On Oct 10, 2016
How old is she
Re: Help!!! My German Shepherd Just Came On Heat by whalexyy(m): 8:46am On Oct 10, 2016
blessedvisky:
How old is she
eleven months old plus

1 Like

Re: Help!!! My German Shepherd Just Came On Heat by Haryobame: 9:08am On Oct 10, 2016
Boss.is dis her second heat,what day did u notice d blood .?
Re: Help!!! My German Shepherd Just Came On Heat by whalexyy(m): 5:46pm On Oct 10, 2016
Haryobame:
Boss.is dis her second heat,what day did u notice d blood .?
its her first, noticed it on Saturday(two days ago)
Re: Help!!! My German Shepherd Just Came On Heat by miremoses(m): 7:33pm On Oct 10, 2016
U don't count heat period when the vulva is swollen,rather u start the counting when the first blood ,count till the 10th day and start the mating on the 11th.its not a most u will mate her 3 times,one mating can do the trick ,the reason why its done three or two times is just to be sure.
Re: Help!!! My German Shepherd Just Came On Heat by atoleybaba(m): 7:51pm On Oct 10, 2016
I beg to differ based on personal experience......not all bitches see their ovulation at day 10-14......some sees it as early as day 6. Buh for sure result on knowing when she is ovulating, I will advice u to get some ovulation test strip to know. When she ovulates.Buh if u wanna risk it and take a wild guess concerning her ovulation date good luck. One more thing. How old is she?
Re: Help!!! My German Shepherd Just Came On Heat by egorov(m): 10:12am On Oct 11, 2016
atoleybaba:
I beg to differ based on personal experience......not all bitches see their ovulation at day 10-14......some sees it as early as day 6. Buh for sure result on knowing when she is ovulating, I will advice u to get some ovulation test strip to know. When she ovulates.Buh if u wanna risk it and take a wild guess concerning her ovulation date good luck. One more thing. How old is she?
tha5 reminds me bro. Pls where can I get that ovulation kit and how much? Been looking for it
Re: Help!!! My German Shepherd Just Came On Heat by atoleybaba(m): 11:48am On Oct 11, 2016
egorov:
tha5 reminds me bro. Pls where can I get that ovulation kit and how much? Been looking for it
I got mine from a breeder at Idk.#400 per stick
Re: Help!!! My German Shepherd Just Came On Heat by meekohli: 12:04pm On Oct 11, 2016
nice Dog bro......where u based
Re: Help!!! My German Shepherd Just Came On Heat by egorov(m): 3:37pm On Oct 11, 2016
atoleybaba:
I got mine from a breeder at Idk.#400 per stick
pls let's chat on WhatsApp 07060661172
Re: Help!!! My German Shepherd Just Came On Heat by gadafi101(m): 4:05pm On Oct 11, 2016
whalexyy:
My German Shepherd just came on heat today and I'm lost on what to do and how yo go about it, help out. Please I need answer on when to mate her and for how many days should the mating take plus other useful tips. thanks

Pls let's talk. I have two fully vaccinated adult male Caucasians to mate with ur gsd. 07089097777
Re: Help!!! My German Shepherd Just Came On Heat by egorov(m): 7:50pm On Oct 11, 2016
gadafi101:

Pls let's talk. I have two fully vaccinated adult male Caucasians to mate with ur gsd. 07089097777
you should not encourage cross breeding. He has a gsd not a Caucasian

7 Likes

Re: Help!!! My German Shepherd Just Came On Heat by atoleybaba(m): 6:41pm On Oct 12, 2016
gadafi101:

baba why na
Re: Help!!! My German Shepherd Just Came On Heat by Surely63(m): 6:48pm On Oct 12, 2016
egorov:
you should not encourage cross breeding. He has a gsd not a Caucasian
since you don't encourage cross breeding what advice do you have for people that has a GSD/cauc. crossbreed as in mating her
Re: Help!!! My German Shepherd Just Came On Heat by Preshivano01(m): 7:30pm On Oct 12, 2016
Surely63:
since you don't encourage cross breeding what advice do you have for people that has a GSD/cauc. crossbreed as in mating her
it's nt ryt... Ur trying to improve ur own pocket.u shud advice him to get a pure gsd to mate his dog and nt a Caucasian or ur Caucasian....
Re: Help!!! My German Shepherd Just Came On Heat by Surely63(m): 11:00am On Oct 24, 2016
Preshivano01:
it's nt ryt... Ur trying to improve ur own pocket.u shud advice him to get a pure gsd to mate his dog and nt a Caucasian or ur Caucasian....
bro did you later cross your gsd
Re: Help!!! My German Shepherd Just Came On Heat by ONWARDBABA: 3:35pm On Oct 24, 2016
IF U ARE BASED IN LAG ALERT ME AV A GUD GSD WHATSAPP ME 08056179311
Re: Help!!! My German Shepherd Just Came On Heat by chuksofficial: 3:50pm On Oct 24, 2016
If u are in lagos contact me i have a mind blowing stud super quality and with good mating nd vaccination record so far as he has mated none of d dams has littered less than 7puppies highest is 12puppies. My number is 08073945364.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out My Family Local Dog Name Jacky / 6 Months Old Male German Shepherd Dog For Sale. / Really Cute 22 Little Kids And Their Big Dogs..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.