Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,396 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Nigerians Condemn Nba’s Threat Over Judges’ Arrest - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Condemn Nba’s Threat Over Judges’ Arrest (15933 Views)

Lawyers In Anti-DSS Protest In Abuja Over Judges Arrest (photos) / Buhari Not Likely To Be Moved By NBA's Threat- The Cable / Senators Under Threat Over Jeeps, Don’t Bring Them Home, Constituents Warn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Condemn Nba’s Threat Over Judges’ Arrest by Laid2001: 4:56pm On Oct 10, 2016
So you are still wailing by 1.am

dunkem21:

See the high calibre of zombies that commented. The strategy is prepare a thread by 12(when witches parade) then by 6pm they call a mod to put it on FP to represent the views of Nigerians.
Re: Nigerians Condemn Nba’s Threat Over Judges’ Arrest by Abok1(m): 5:29pm On Oct 10, 2016
sucess001:

So you have made sense with the big grammar u posted?

i cant address any point you made cos you didnt make any...

senseless bigot

I take exception to your choice of words, lashing out without making coherent sentences, making juvenile comments belittles you as a person, not one who claims to be a learned fellow.

Your inability to comprehend or accept a dissenting opinion doesn't give you the right to term me senseless on a faceless forum. Its a mockery of whatever message you are trying to pass across. Never in my submission did I abuse your person.

If that's how you are trained in the animal jungle you reside in, it's not an acceptable behavior around Humans. Your knack for myopic swevens and warped bias puts logic on its head and making maledicent comments like someone suffering from lalochezia, wouldn't launder an already messed up perception of your person. Why would someone in his right senses call an individual "senseless" without recourse to decorum?

Very sad.

PS. It is "I" "can't" and "didn't" have a nice day Mr Lawyer.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Condemn Nba’s Threat Over Judges’ Arrest by dunkem21(m): 5:29pm On Oct 10, 2016
Laid2001:
So you are still wailing by 1.am

Can't you take a joke? cheesy
Re: Nigerians Condemn Nba’s Threat Over Judges’ Arrest by arresa: 5:31pm On Oct 10, 2016
todayboy:
Sponsored zombies

Noted

Am out

They said Nigerians, not Igbos so stop stressing?
Re: Nigerians Condemn Nba’s Threat Over Judges’ Arrest by sucess001(m): 6:38pm On Oct 10, 2016
Abok1:

I take exception to your choice of words, lashing out without making coherent sentences, making juvenile comments belittles you as a person, not one who claims to be a learned fellow.

Your inability to comprehend or accept a dissenting opinion doesn't give you the right to term me senseless on a faceless forum. Its a mockery of whatever message you are trying to pass across. Never in my submission did I abuse your person.

If that's how you are trained in the animal jungle you reside in, it's not an acceptable behavior around Humans. Your knack for myopic swevens and warped bias puts logic on its head and making maledicent comments like someone suffering from lalochezia, wouldn't launder an already messed up perception of your person. Why would someone in his right senses call an individual "senseless" without recourse to decorum?

Very sad.

PS. It is "I" "can't" and "didn't" have a nice day Mr Lawyer.

Ok. Lets talk.

Make your points. I will counter them.

Try make your points sensible. I ll tackle the points.

N:B: posting outlandish words don't make you sound more intelligent. just make simple, sensible comments.
Re: Nigerians Condemn Nba’s Threat Over Judges’ Arrest by sledok: 7:23pm On Oct 10, 2016
It is a pity that NBA couldnot say the appropriate thing at this time the Country needs them for support against Corruption. " A good and respected lawyer is one that obeys the law" .Infact NBA is a big disgrace to the legal profession. NBA should emulate her foreign counterparts. Infact, this has proved that the judiciary is part of our problem in this country. NBA and those stupid people backing the corrupt Judges should apologize to law abiding Nigerians for supporting corruption. It is only a fool that will read this post and react negatively.This is my humble submission. God bless you if you truly care and love Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Condemn Nba’s Threat Over Judges’ Arrest by LFJ: 7:51pm On Oct 10, 2016
sucess001:

they are only pummeled by governement sponsored persona like you...i am a member of the NBA and i allign fully with them...

for judges...their disciplinary process is different and handled by the NJC...

the reason is simple for anyone that has brains....if you arrest all the judges...who will judge their case?

and we have a principle in law saying you cant be a judge in your own case...DSS has started acting like judges...

we have laws....it should be respected...

instead of government to obey laws...they would rather pay pple like you to defend their indefensible actions on social media...

No wonder! There is no way you will have this type of brain as a member of NBA and you think such association will produce any positive result.
Where is the immunity for a corrupt judge in our legal system? Which law in protec judge from criminal investigation and arrest?

The truth as at today is that NBA has become an association to protect criminal judges.
Re: Nigerians Condemn Nba’s Threat Over Judges’ Arrest by sucess001(m): 8:17pm On Oct 10, 2016
LFJ:

No wonder! There is no way you will have this type of brain as a member of NBA and you think such association will produce any positive result.
Where is the immunity for a corrupt judge in our legal system? Which law in protec judge from criminal investigation and arrest?

The truth as at today is that NBA has become an association to protect criminal judges.

OMG...

Now i see how buhari thinks...

Just like 1984...anybody who doesn't share his views...is corrupt...

Bro...I have more brains than your father can...

GEJ warned us about him but we were to hell bent on removing him from power...how wrong we were!
Re: Nigerians Condemn Nba’s Threat Over Judges’ Arrest by LastProphet: 5:47am On Oct 11, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
The Useless NBA are being pummeled up and down all over the Social Media....They underestimated Nigerians anger towards corruption...

They thought everybody was an ipob Yoot!

God bless u for this wise statement, in fact they think most nigerians think like criminal ugandan jews
Re: Nigerians Condemn Nba’s Threat Over Judges’ Arrest by ceaser: 6:57am On Oct 11, 2016
koboko69:

Dundee, U don't even make one single sense. This is a case about corrupt judges and not a case about all judges, so definitely all judges cant be arrested.

Bribery is a criminal offence, hence can be investigated by any security agency, weather u are a lawyer, a judge, a military officer,or whatever.

Like hell he will stand by his ilk. He just confessed he is a member of the NBA. So let's ask him: What was the recommendation of the CJN panel on the two judges convicted of bribery? One was asked to be dismissed and return 200 million naira in instalments. Another two were given retirement with full retirement benefits; with established, incontrovertible facts of bribery and corruption. WTF!

So dude should show us the deterrent in that NJC recommendations. If i am a judge in the future, there is no reason for me not to try my luv too since the NJC will be trivial in their judgement.

Now in medical world in Nigeria, disciplinary actions bordering on doctors' medical malpractice are carried out by the MDCN. They appropriate and deliver jidgements and recommendations ranging from heavy fines (malpractice fines in favour of the aggrieved) to suspension from practice to outright seizure of practicing licence. If the crime is seen as one against the state (endangering the security of the country), they can further recommend a court of competent jurisdiction to carry out trial with the aim of a jail term. An aggrieved patient who is also not satisfied with the MDCN ruling may approached a civil court for redress.

A doctor that aligns with a terrorist organisation will likely have his case tried by a court compared to malpractice which is within the jurisdiction of the MDCN.

I see collection of bribes from international companies by judges costing billions of dollars in losses to the country as terrorism that could appropriately be tried by a state organ different from the NJC. The latter can appropriately dismiss its judges accused of wrongdoing and make recommendations, but the state organ takes it up from there if such requires pronouncement of a jail term.
Re: Nigerians Condemn Nba’s Threat Over Judges’ Arrest by ExInferis(m): 7:04am On Oct 11, 2016
koboko69:
[b]1. I have never seen any where in the constitution where there is a stipulated time for arrest. As a matter of fact, u can be arrested anytime, any where and any day. Arresting by 1am, 4am, 12pm or on to of your olosho is inconsequential.

2. I have never seen any where in the constitution, where a serving Judge or a lawyer can not be arrested. This is more like saying they have immunity.

3. As a matter of fact, one can be arrested with or without a warrant, on suspicion on a criminal offence against the federal or state laws. E.g Bribery and Corruption.

4. The SSS takes their time to actually screen these clowns before confirmation of their appointments. This simply means their actions and inactions can be a threat to national security. If SSS screens them,why can't they be arrested by the same SSS?

In view of the above, the propaganda of tyranny and subversion of the rule of law, being propagated against this government by the wailing dundees, is a deliberate attempt to gag the present government from performing her constitutional duties. It is also a way of meeting up with their ever unendind wailing demand since the disgrace of an incumbent president loosing to the opposition
.[/b]

Are u a Dundee?

if i had ONE million naira i'd give you TWO million naira.

nice one.
Re: Nigerians Condemn Nba’s Threat Over Judges’ Arrest by Phace(m): 12:55pm On Oct 11, 2016
Oblang:

And u think a compromised judiciary wont breach internal security.

It can, but there's yet to be a concrete evidence that the situation at hand has gone to the extent of a security crisis.

Besides, for the above to happen, such compromise must be apparently severe and not just an ordinary perversity.

Until then, the power of the DSS to arrest our judges is illegal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Bakare And Adeosun Didn’t Meet With President Buhari / Ganduje Vendetta Against Emir Sanusi / 2023 Election: Atiku Challenges Tinubu To Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.