Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal (23181 Views)

Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 22nd Birthday With His Throwback Photo In Arsenal Kit / Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 21st Birthday With Family & Friends / Alex Iwobi Celebrates Arsenal's Big Win With Pretty Girlfriend In London. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by brightballer(m): 11:51am On Oct 10, 2016
If only I had good sponsors.

I know I play better than these guys.

Congrats Iwobi. You and Kelechi are the new face of Nigerian and African football.

2 Likes

Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by mayorkyzo: 11:52am On Oct 10, 2016
I see this guy and iheanacho forming a lethal partnership..the future of the supe eagles looks bright...

6 Likes

Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 11:52am On Oct 10, 2016
passyhansome:
Proud of our very own. Igbo Amaka ndi agoziri agozi

he's a nigerian okay.
and we are all nigerians

4 Likes

Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by excanny: 11:53am On Oct 10, 2016
Who is Super Eagles current No. 9?
Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by Phi001(m): 11:59am On Oct 10, 2016
excanny:
Who is Super Eagles current No. 9?

Ighalo

1 Like

Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by ojmetrix(m): 12:10pm On Oct 10, 2016
the guy has taken a bold step to represent nigeria but one of my greatest fear is that at club level, most nigerians performs better than the national level kudos to the young lad tell delle alli that who hm epp to represent england.

1 Like

Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by ReemZy01(m): 12:18pm On Oct 10, 2016
It's too late for IBE he already committed to England SHEYI OJO Liverpool and CHUBA AKPOM of Arsenal will do the trick
LorDBolton:
Someone needs to check that iheanacho If he has a heart.

Just youtubed the Zambia naija match and his goal reeks of criminality...how can he be so calm n composed?

That dude is a pure assassin in front of goal.

+ iwobi doing the magic

They should try to lure Jordan ibe and gbam we have an attack that can match ivory coast

3 Likes

Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by chijioke17(m): 12:28pm On Oct 10, 2016
Just watched the qualifiers replay, onezzly iheanacho doesnt have a heart,how can you do that to somebody's fathers,husbands and brothers. Pure wickedness

7 Likes

Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by Realhommie(m): 12:31pm On Oct 10, 2016
LorDBolton:

Just youtubed the Zambia naija match and his goal reeks of criminality...how can he be so calm n composed?

+ iwobi doing the magic

They should try to lure Jordan ibe and gbam we have an attack that can match ivory coast
IMO any player who isn't interested to rep his fatherland should be left alone. I do not know why they don't wanna learn from the likes of John Fashanu, Ugo Ehiogu, Gabby Agbonlahor, etc.

He's not interested now coz he's still hoping to get a call from the English FA. I bet you, should the SE go on to qualify for the Russia 2018 WC as expected and by then he hasn't gotten a look-in, he'll definitely sing a new song.

We have more than enough talents scattered everywhere in the world, we just need a system that works, good management and sound technical handlers, you'd be surprised what we can go on to achieve.

4 Likes

Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by Realhommie(m): 12:39pm On Oct 10, 2016
ReemZy01:
It's too late for IBE he already committed to England SHEYI OJO Liverpool and CHUBA AKPOM of Arsenal will do the trick
Sheyi Ojo and Chuba Akpom, in as much as i would like to see them feature for Nigeria, I think they haven't gotten the needed experience and exposure just yet. Sheyi is good, intelligent but he's still learning and Chuba, if he wants anyone to take him seriously he needs to leave Arsenal, probably go out on loan and get regular first team playing time. He didn't impress as much the last time at Hull.
Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by LorDBolton(m): 12:46pm On Oct 10, 2016
ReemZy01:

Ibe is still eligible for nigeria thus anything can happen BUT what I don't want is for him to now be the one begging us for call-up if/when we have already qualified for world cup lols. Cos by then I no go wan see am wear the g/w/g of naija.
I like ibe cos he has what moses and musa lack... a good first touch and better passing ability.

Wonder why they're wasting time with akpom! Right now England has Harry kane and only Harry kane if that guy hits a rich vein of form England will just call him up and tie him down.

Sheyi is pure fire speed and direct running with inside passes just like robben

Also google this dude ovie ejaria...he's an English born nigerian playing with liverpool.

Dude plays like nzonzi but also with more attacking flair .

We are on the cusp of a new golden generation if our football administrators can stop jonzing and tie these guys down... instead of waiting for them to become finished article.

We were lucky with iwobi, while iheanacho was forced on the prev coaches after his exploits.

Future line up involving ibe, iheanacho, iwobi, ejaria, nwakali, Ojo will be a bloody midfield to attack combo... especially as nwakali n ejaria are very good passers n can spread play

3 Likes

Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by jollymizzle(m): 12:48pm On Oct 10, 2016
See them asna fans, Chelsea will soon liberate the poor kid from your grip so he can win something reasonable in his career. We don't want him to go through what fabregas and the others went thru.
Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by Yaluji(m): 12:48pm On Oct 10, 2016
Good one Alex,keep it up.
Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by LorDBolton(m): 12:55pm On Oct 10, 2016
Realhommie:
IMO any player who isn't interested to rep his fatherland should be left alone. I do not know why they don't wanna learn from the likes of John Fashanu, Ugo Ehiogu, Gabby Agbonlahor, etc.

He's not interested now coz he's still hoping to get a call from the English FA. I bet you, should the SE go on to qualify for the Russia 2018 WC as expected and by then he hasn't gotten a look-in, he'll definitely sing a new song.

We have more than enough talents scattered everywhere in the world, we just need a system that works, good management and sound technical handlers, you'd be surprised what we can go on to achieve.

Bro no mind am, Naxo fashanu come back try win NFF elections what a fool.

Since his career ended prematurely nobody for England would even remember him if not for his bros issue.

I was surprised to see many eligible nigerians in top clubs ryt nw.

Now to the home front has NFF bothered to introduce age grade competitions?

Does even the mighty enyimba have a viable youth team?

+ what happened to shell cup? I used to watch it growing up (infact I was watching a final on NTA when that ikeja bomb blast happened). That's another way to catch cool youngsters
Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by georgee(m): 1:06pm On Oct 10, 2016
passyhansome:
Proud of our very own. Igbo Amaka ndi agoziri agozi
Pevert!!! Must u tribalise everything.. Onyi ara

1 Like

Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by ZeezaRapture(m): 1:11pm On Oct 10, 2016
Jeus:
If not for my boy, Rashford. I will tip iwobi to win the European Golden Boy. The kid is good. Even Ozil know.
Are you a man united fan?
Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by tohchee96(m): 1:22pm On Oct 10, 2016
veekid:
Good one chap; may you live long to surpass your cousin's (okocha) achievement in the super eagles

his uncle
Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by Realhommie(m): 1:22pm On Oct 10, 2016
LorDBolton:

Bro no mind am, Naxo fashanu come back try win NFF elections what a fool.

Since his career ended prematurely nobody for England would even remember him if not for his bros issue.

I was surprised to see many eligible nigerians in top clubs ryt nw.

Now to the home front has NFF bothered to introduce age grade competitions?

Does even the mighty enyimba have a viable youth team?

+ what happened to shell cup? I used to watch it growing up (infact I was watching a final on NTA when that ikeja bomb blast happened). That's another way to catch cool youngsters
Fashanu goofed big time, I read somewhere sometime ago an interview he granted where he regretted not playing for Nigeria. In the scheme of things in Naija as far as football is concerned he is irrelevant.

No one gives a damn if get to play for those countries, you're only as good as you get to play, ask Carlton Cole. Nonsense

But here you'll be worshipped and revered, even when you ain't doing too well you won't get that much stick.

As par the NFF, poor organization and management has always been their bane. That's what i meant by 'A system that works, etc'. Their matter sef tire me, honestly i no know wetin those people they do there.

Enyimba should have a youth team, i know a few other teams have as well but how do you call them youth teams when you have 27 year olds disguising as 18-20 year olds? Lol...... And that's a serious issue

The Shell cup, is it same as 'Principals cup'? I think Segun Odegbami was in charge and was doing a good job the last i know. We sure have a long way to go oooooo

1 Like

Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by kenturkish(m): 1:23pm On Oct 10, 2016
LorDBolton:

+ iwobi doing the magic

Jordan ibe got nothing on alex and kelechi. We have Isaac success jordan ibe will later beg to play for Nigeria but it will be too late.
Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by baum1: 1:41pm On Oct 10, 2016
brightballer:
If only I had good sponsors.

I know I play better than these guys.

Congrats Iwobi. You and Kelechi are the new face of Nigerian and African football.

I feel you rbo...But sometimes, not all times, the footballing abilities open ways and someone does not really need sponsors like that. The case of Nacho is an example. Six years ago, he was a normal boy playing on the streets or an academy - not any big time club's academy..But his abilities and God's purpose singled him today. Today, he is a fast rising player.

If you have proof of this statement, send me an email. I will have a coach watch your game there in Nigeria. If this is goes well and you are less than 21 years, someone can take a risk on you. But mhen, you go prove wetin you talk oo.
Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by brightballer(m): 1:50pm On Oct 10, 2016
baum1:

I feel you rbo...But sometimes, not all times, the footballing abilities open ways and someone does not really need sponsors like that. The case of Nacho is an example. Six years ago, he was a normal boy playing on the streets or an academy - not any big time club's academy..But his abilities and God's purpose singled him today. Today, he is a fast rising player.

If you have proof of this statement, send me an email. I will have a coach watch your game there in Nigeria. If this is goes well and you are less than 21 years, someone can take a risk on you. But mhen, you go prove wetin you talk oo.
I'm well over 21. I have a Bsc and by July next year I would bag my second degree.

I lost interest in furthering ahead in football when I went for a screening. The coach was suprised when he saw me play well in the defensive midfield role and as a central defender. I was aked to stay aside.

To cut the story short, someone else got my place because he brought a signed letter from a senator.
Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by TheSociopath(m): 1:50pm On Oct 10, 2016
tyson98:
Am hungry

Your English is poor. It's 'I'm hungry'.

1 Like

Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by Yeligray(m): 1:53pm On Oct 10, 2016
Rhymez:
Good for him
howfar you na. Bro you jealous?.
Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by Bgorgeous: 1:55pm On Oct 10, 2016
Congratulations son
Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by HERSLEY(f): 2:01pm On Oct 10, 2016
NeutralJUDGE:
Bt Iwobi is too creative for his age,the confidence and d space he creates...bt Rashford has the runs and hw to position in the box,,nw u tink Rashford can beat such a Playmaker?? Renato Sanchez wud win the golden boy award
Don't compare Rashford with iwobi or Iheanacho... He's plays better than both of them.
Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by NeutralJUDGE(m): 2:34pm On Oct 10, 2016
HERSLEY:
Don't compare Rashford with iwobi or Iheanacho... He's plays better than both of them.
Iwobi is far better than both of dem...hw many of his agemate in Europe break into starting 11 in top4 clubs across the whole leagues
Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by passyhansome(m): 2:37pm On Oct 10, 2016
georgee:

Pevert!!! Must u tribalise everything.. Onyi ara

Otoro gba wuo gi
Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by anionjasa(m): 2:55pm On Oct 10, 2016
God bless you jare. More goals to come
Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by Mujtahida: 2:57pm On Oct 10, 2016
LorDBolton:

Ibe is still eligible for nigeria thus anything can happen BUT what I don't want is for him to now be the one begging us for call-up if/when we have already qualified for world cup lols. Cos by then I no go wan see am wear the g/w/g of naija.
I like ibe cos he has what moses and musa lack... a good first touch and better passing ability.

Wonder why they're wasting time with akpom! Right now England has Harry kane and only Harry kane if that guy hits a rich vein of form England will just call him up and tie him down.

Sheyi is pure fire speed and direct running with inside passes just like robben

Also google this dude ovie ejaria...he's an English born nigerian playing with liverpool.

Dude plays like nzonzi but also with more attacking flair .

We are on the cusp of a new golden generation if our football administrators can stop jonzing and tie these guys down... instead of waiting for them to become finished article.

We were lucky with iwobi, while iheanacho was forced on the prev coaches after his exploits.

Future line up involving ibe, iheanacho, iwobi, ejaria, nwakali, Ojo will be a bloody midfield to attack combo... especially as nwakali n ejaria are very good passers n can spread play
You've got juice with the way you write.
Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 10, 2016
chijioke17:
Just watched the qualifiers replay, onezzly iheanacho doesnt have a heart,how can you do that to somebody's fathers,husbands and brothers. Pure wickedness

I also just watched the video, the Arabic commentary. The commentator just dey shout "Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar"

I am telling you, Iheanacho is a beast and needs to be checked! Such a wicked goal.

1 Like

Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by Tajbol4splend(m): 3:22pm On Oct 10, 2016
Temmzz:
future backbone of the team

I tell u, even very soon at Arsenal
Re: Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 1st Competitive International Goal by Tajbol4splend(m): 3:35pm On Oct 10, 2016
HERSLEY:

I think Iwobi is a better player compared to any of 'em, just that he needs to add goals to his game to make it perfect.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chelsea Celebrate Their Europa League Final Win In Dressing Room (Photos, Video) / Kevin Ferguson, 'Kimbo Slice' Dead At The Age Of 42 / 'We Want Glazers Out' - Man Utd Fans Make Their Feelings Known In AZ Draw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.