Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,255 members, 7,864,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:24 PM

Judges Within The Wave Of Sword Of Justice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judges Within The Wave Of Sword Of Justice (530 Views)

Symbol Of Justice In Nigeria Leans On Stick For Support / Nnamdi Kanu Poses With His Royal Sword At His Residence In Abia State. Photos / Abdulrahman Buniyamin Decorated With Sword Of Honour By UK Navy (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judges Within The Wave Of Sword Of Justice by mrrights: 1:13pm On Oct 10, 2016
Judges within the wave of sword of justice

...By Abdulsalam Abdulfatah Liberty

Some judges were watched, hunted and busted by the men of DSS, what a strange drama? I do not remember the last time such wave blew... A perspective condemns the unannounced busting and arrest some judges and justice by the officers of DSS while the altanative perspective do not see anything wrong in the unannounced and unfriendly visit of the alleged corrupt Judges and justices.

I hold a strong stand and I prefer to push forward my ratio decidendi before my perspective. If I will fold my harms in the face of corruption, may the day never come, when my leaps will be keyed in the face of corruption and injustice.

I wish to clarify that I am not here to argue the legality or illegality of the arrest. Here, my conscience has only vibrate louder... The beat of my heart here you hear is a privilege and may vary from yours.

I do think, act, and react as a human rights activist and lawyer yet I always meet a "right red line" My mind always tells me to retard every time some one is alleged for a criminal offenceo. That does not means he has lost his fundamental rights but a serious issue is at stake. Also, the constitutional roles of the Police is superior and as important as the fundamental right.

Is it true that like other spheres, many judges and justices are highly corrupt ? Could it be true that justice is for sale in some of the Nigeria courts ? Could it be true that the only the last hope of a common man betrays a common man because of money? If it is true as it is notorious to people who are privy to the judicial circumference that people we refer to as noble men, the representative of God on Earth could disappoint humanity to the extend of selling justice... We are in zoo !

Is it true that NJC which is the body saddle with the responsibility of investigating judges and justice in most of times only recommend retirement for justices and judges confirmed to be corrupt? In reality, a judge and justices whose the allegation of corruption and miscarriage of justice is proofed beyond reasonable doubt deserve beyond the compulsory retirement...

We have an imbalance social situation which a level of authority is trying to make it balance by force. A man in other sphere when the allegation of corruption is proofed against them, they are punished and treated as criminal while a judge or justice caught red handed by NJC will only be punished by compulsory retirement. Am sure the NJC and NBA will know in their deep conscience that retirement is not enough as punishment.

Is it true that 93 million naira and some foreign currencies were found in the house of the judges arrested ? Yet none of the bodies that reacted with sentiment talk about that. Like my boss has opined, How can you ever detect such heinous corruption without unexpected "operation bust " ?

The fact that you are suspected of committing a crime got the suspects fundamental right diluted... the right, It ever exist but it is diluted... Because, investigation is not bared by fundamental right but it is guided by it. Our nation may violate fundamental rights for the sake of national interest and will do so reluctantly and ready to pay damages and tender apology to the victim. Meanwhile, I am not one of those who raise the flag of human right as a defence in favour of crime... Let alone such crime that only God can unveil.

The corrupt among judges and justices has thus been signaled that crime, criminals and corruption is not noble and it detaches the rank of nobility from the nobles.

Why do Nigeria react like a group of people who has chosen corruption and injustice... Hear them, their thinking and defence is louder, but they refused to consider the evil of the manner in which corruption dominates judicial system. If our kind of human rights will catalyse corruption, it is high time we reconsider the genuineness of our doctrine of rights.

Judges and justices are not God and within the wave of sword of justice they are.

1 Like

Re: Judges Within The Wave Of Sword Of Justice by amagunnerfan: 1:21pm On Oct 10, 2016
K
Re: Judges Within The Wave Of Sword Of Justice by Eseries(m): 4:18pm On Oct 10, 2016
amagunnerfan:
K

Bro! Good Day to you...
Been trying endless to contact you but am not quite sure how this nairaland E-mail works. I really need to speak with you and humbly beg you in the name of Christ to send an hello email to josyjoe98@yahoo.com, ( I will not ask you for your mail here because of spammers)

I know my approach is largely uncourteous, please pardon me. I do not know another means to get to you.

Eagerly awaiting your mail.
God Bless!
Re: Judges Within The Wave Of Sword Of Justice by Toeyoursea(m): 8:54am On Oct 13, 2016
amagunnerfan:
K

Sorry to stalk. I really need your guidance on blogging issues. I tried to mail you but I know you don't want any personal contact and I am fine with keeping it open. Please epp your boy.

(1) (Reply)

Governor Atom Drinking Akamu And Akara / Orbih Alleges Complicity By Inec, Security Agents, In Edo Election ON / BREAKING: Chimamanda Accuses Buhari Of Condoning The Murder Of Nigerian Citizens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.