Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,569 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle (19930 Views)

Keep Your Vehicle In Shape By Maintaining These 7 Fluids / How To Prepare Your Vehicle For Travel / 15 Tips To Prolong The Life-span Of Your Vehicle. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by Cutehector(m): 7:43am On Oct 11, 2016
Pls never forget your sense at home!

1 Like

Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by histemple: 7:45am On Oct 11, 2016
How about a spare tyre, fire extinguisher?

1 Like

Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by slex(m): 7:50am On Oct 11, 2016
GOFRONT:
Koboko whip is always infront of their car dashboard.....but why
To reset the brain of keke and okada riders who hit your side mirror

1 Like

Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by armadeo(m): 8:01am On Oct 11, 2016
petersky:
Did i hear u people said ROAD MAP , for this naija

Yep..actually I use Google map that gives me directions and tells me where I am going.

It is freaking awesome to see your phone lead you right to your destination.

So replace maps with Android phone and data

1 Like

Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by rovher: 8:05am On Oct 11, 2016
Koboko... just in case you nid to whip someone's ass'
Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by iwakunbaba: 8:07am On Oct 11, 2016
Google maps , Google earth works for me a lot
Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by Dom2020: 8:25am On Oct 11, 2016
Op, u should have added a very sharp knife or machete, coze boys are not smiling
Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by simplex2: 8:33am On Oct 11, 2016
Nothing beats extra cash in your glove box: the day my car broke down around Isolo way in the evening, I was forced to pay marching ground like say na me tell the car to break down.

1 Like

Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by professore(m): 8:34am On Oct 11, 2016
I like the warning at the end of point 7.
Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by uvalued(m): 8:35am On Oct 11, 2016
Revolva:
Perhaps you’ve been driving yourself for a long time? Or you just got your first car? The experience can be very exciting and at the same time intriguing. The joy of owning a car becomes short-lived when the car develops a fault on motion and you don’t have a personal driver. It feels like you’ve made a terrible mistake buying a car especially when it breaks down in the middle of nowhere. But not to worry!

I share 10 items that you must keep in your vehicles to assist you in the midst of car breakdown:

A basic toolkit: You don’t want to weigh your car down too much, but you never know when an emergency might call for the use of a few basic tools, like screwdrivers, a tyre gauge, a jack and tools to help you remove a tyre. Your car might already come with a basic toolkit. Checkyour handbook for where to find it.
A map: While you’re probably able to find your location using your mobile phone (only when safely parked of course), you know that you’re bound to have no battery just when you really need it. There’s no harm in keeping an old fashioned map in your boot just in case you find yourself getting lost without your phone to help you.
A basic first aid kit: You never know when you might need to carry out some basic first aid while out on the road, whether it’s an accident you’ve been involved with, or one you’ve witnessed. Make sure you’ve always got items such as bandages, gauze, tape and disinfectant in the car.

A spare in-car mobile phone charger: Especially if you’re a female driver driving alone, it’s crucial that you can call for help in an emergency, so always make sure you have a spare in-car charger in your car. You can buy a USB car charger quite cheaply, so all you have to do is connect the appropriate cable for your phone. Alternatively, you could get hold of a cheap spare mobile phone and keep it fully charged in your car in case you ever need it.

A torch: This is a simple one but could really help if you find yourself in trouble when it’s dark, especially if there aren’t any street lights (especially when NEPA takes light).

Warning triangles: If you break down you may find warning triangles helpful to warn approaching drivers of an obstruction in the road. Also, if you’re driving abroad, depending on the country you could end up with a fine if you don’t have warning triangles in your car.

Spare engine coolant, oil and windscreen fluid: This one’s a no-brainer, especially if you regularly drive long distances. Make sure you check your oil, water, antifreeze and screen wash levels regularly to avoid coming into difficulties on a long journey. You should also keep some spare supplies in the car just in case you run out while away from home. Only check or top up your engine coolant when the engine is cold (i.e. you haven’t driven the car for a while), as it’s a pressurised container.

Spare warm clothing : We all know how cold it can get during rainy season, so pack a jumper or two, or maybe a blanket, in case you’re stuck waiting in or out of your car for a while.

The contact numbers for your insurance and towing companies: Again, don’t rely on your mobile phone for this one. Just note down the key numbers for both your insurance and towing companies (including both Customer Service and the Claims Line, plus the emergency numbers if there are any) on a piece of paper and keep it somewhere safe – perhaps in the glove box of the car.

Jump leads: If you suddenly discover your car battery is dead, having a set of jump leads in your car will hopefully save you, providing a sympathetic driver stops to help, or you have someone to call who can come to your aid.
Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by stchinedu: 8:45am On Oct 11, 2016
hahn:
A baseball bat. Just in case you need to knock someone out

In fact this is the 'koko' grin

High five!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by skoriba: 9:02am On Oct 11, 2016
DEXTROVERT:
a
Bible
or
Mantle

it's
been
working
for
me
......plus a bottle of anointing oil
Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by CuteTj(m): 9:16am On Oct 11, 2016
dotman4real007:
true, but the map thing does not work in nigeria neither does GPS,so we use the ask and follow type of map. Naija style.
You must seriously be a learner. The map and gps coordinate works perfectly in Nigeria although you need to have a fairly good knowledge of the roads and surroundings to appreciate the work your map can do. I can never get lost in Nigeria with the aid of the map.
Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by Dove4Peace: 9:18am On Oct 11, 2016
Revolva:

Spare engine coolant, oil and windscreen fluid: This one’s a no-brainer, especially if you regularly drive long distances. Make sure you check your oil, water, antifreeze and screen wash levels regularly to avoid coming into difficulties on a long journey. You should also keep some spare supplies in the car just in case you run out while away from home. Only check or top up your engine coolant when the engine is cold (i.e. you haven’t driven the car for a while), as it’s a pressurised container.

[size=16pt]You need #Peace Lubricant always grin. Trust me, it cheap, efficient and Proudly Nigeria. cool cheesy SMS: 070-3415-7751[/size]

Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by genpriest(m): 9:51am On Oct 11, 2016
Also add cold beer in the boot and lots of #100 naira notes
Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by Dove4Peace: 10:09am On Oct 11, 2016
genpriest:
Also add cold beer in the boot and lots of #100 naira notes
grin grin grin
Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by Knightngale(f): 10:19am On Oct 11, 2016
A big umbrella.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by Talk2bryant(m): 10:23am On Oct 11, 2016
DEXTROVERT:
a
Bible
or
Mantle

it's
been
working
for
me

Mfm member spotted
Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by hordhunharyor(m): 10:52am On Oct 11, 2016
GOFRONT:
Koboko whip is always infront of their car dashboard.....but why
incase u need to whip an okada man in front of u...
Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by imotal(m): 10:58am On Oct 11, 2016
op, you forgot this...

Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by joinnow: 11:04am On Oct 11, 2016
Abbeyme:
You need to see my vehicle booth.

All sort of things.

In addition to most you have listed, I kit my vehicle with:

1. Extra Fan belt,
2. Towing cable,
3. A set of auto-reversible spanner and Allen key set,
4. A 12v tyre-pumping machine,

5. Vacuum cleaner
6. Water,
7. Spare headlight bulb,
8. Different wire (electrical cables)
9. Vehicle (Check Engine) Scanner
etc

Different things that can be of immediate help in time of need
Your car na small Work shop.grin bros kodus
Hope Kazim no dey tap some things when you go workshop for repair

1 Like

Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by Rotime1(m): 11:48am On Oct 11, 2016
hahn:

LOL!

1 Like

Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by alaskido(m): 11:53am On Oct 11, 2016
hahn:

grin grin grin grin yeah right!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by alaskido(m): 11:56am On Oct 11, 2016
Please do not forget N50 notes for our police brothers because you will definitely meet them on our roads. Also a pack of condom just in case you need to make a quicky grin grin grin
Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by alaskido(m): 11:57am On Oct 11, 2016
paschal47:
if you like carry your house for your head dey drive, if you go sleep for road, you go sleep for road just pray to God make your village people no win that day.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by alaskido(m): 12:02pm On Oct 11, 2016
Abbeyme:
You need to see my vehicle booth.

All sort of things.

In addition to most you have listed, I kit my vehicle with:

1. Extra Fan belt,
2. Towing cable,
3. A set of auto-reversible spanner and Allen key set,
4. A 12v tyre-pumping machine,
5. Vacuum cleaner
6. Water,
7. Spare headlight bulb,
8. Different wire (electrical cables)
9. Vehicle (Check Engine) Scanner
etc

Different things that can be of immediate help in time of need

Choi, you be mechanic? Abi you no want mechanics to chop again? This change really start with you o.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by Revolva(m): 12:06pm On Oct 11, 2016
made front page again .....ok na
Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by Burgerlomo: 12:21pm On Oct 11, 2016
hahn:

Seconded because you never can tell grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by Amicable666(m): 12:26pm On Oct 11, 2016
[s][/s]
hahn:
[color=#770077][/color]
it's the first stuff to put in ur car

1 Like

Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by dotman4real007(m): 12:50pm On Oct 11, 2016
CuteTj:

You must seriously be a learner. The map and gps coordinate works perfectly in Nigeria although you need to have a fairly good knowledge of the roads and surroundings to appreciate the work your map can do. I can never get lost in Nigeria with the aid of the map.
you are very funny have you tried using GPS in ede, ogbomosho, kwara, ogun. please do not put all your trust in GPS because it works well in some parts of Lagos and Abuja you think it is complete, I pity you.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by Abbeyme: 3:07pm On Oct 11, 2016
joinnow:

Your car na small Work shop.grin bros kodus
Hope Kazim no dey tap some things when you go workshop for repair

As if you knew it...

My two oxygen sensors and jack were removed during the last service routine. Had to buy new 10ton jack.
Re: 10 Must-have Items To Keep In Your Vehicle by theGistsonline: 3:40pm On Oct 11, 2016
paschal47:

jump leads na those wires wen dem dey use start motor from one motor to another via battery. my people no be so?
what's windscreen oil?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The Dazzling Effects On This Tesla Model 3 Wrapped In Holographic Chrome / A Tanker And BRT Bus Accident In Abuja This Morning / Private Car Owners Turn Commercial To Augment Fuel Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.