Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,885 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Reasons To Be Thankful - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons To Be Thankful (255 Views)

What Are You Thankful For Today? / 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact / The Importance Of Being Thankful To God Through Charity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reasons To Be Thankful by SonofIssachar: 11:54pm On Oct 10, 2016
Author Unknown

A rich man looked through his window and saw a poor man picking things from his trash bin. He said, “Thank God, I'm not poor.”

The poor man looked around and saw a naked man in lunatic displays on the street. He said, “Thank God, I'm not mad.”

The mad man looked ahead and saw an ambulance carrying a patient. He too said, “Thank God, am not on the sick bed.”

Then a sick person in the hospital saw a trolley taking a dead body to the mortuary. He said, Thank God, I'm not dead.”

Only a dead person cannot thank God. Why don't you thank God today for all your blessings and for the gift of life? Don’t forget also the gift of another beautiful day.

To appreciate life better, you need to visit three places:

1. The Hospital
2. The Prison and
3. The Cemetery

At the hospital, you will understand that nothing is more beautiful than health. In the prison, you'll see that freedom is the most precious thing. At the cemetery, you will realize that life is worth nothing. The ground that we walk on today will be our roof tomorrow.

We all come with nothing and we will go with nothing. Let us, therefore, remain humble and be thankful to God, at all times, for everything.

Meditation: For Sheol cannot thank You, Death cannot praise You; Those who go down to the pit cannot hope for Your truth. The living, the living man, he shall praise You, As I do this day… - Isaiah 38:18-19

You will succeed because Jesus loves You!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Concepts. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

To download the Daily Dew mobile app on your Android and iPhone devices, please click on http://daily-dew.com/android-iphone, for Blackberry app, click on http://daily-dew.com/blackberry.

Be a blessing; share this with your loved ones.
Re: Reasons To Be Thankful by Afonjas: 12:56am On Oct 11, 2016
Rubbish

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lying Tongue / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / Quoting Bible And Catholic Doctrines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.