Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG (29777 Views)

LAGBUS/BRT:- 20% ROI per Month-Offer closes by Nov 31st. / Nigeria: External Reserves Fall By $177m In 2 Weeks / Capital Inflows Into Nigeria Fall By 46.86% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG by teacherbim(f): 7:43am On Oct 11, 2016
We are waiting November is next month

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG by anonimi: 7:46am On Oct 11, 2016
Emasel:
Placing ban on importation when you know you're not yet self sufficient, sometimes I wonder how these our leaders think thereby causing untold hardship for Nigerians.

What I can gather from this is that a bag of rice might be sold for N40,000 by December, because what these men are saying is not convincing at all.

How many people got married only when they were self-sufficient with:

- a house
- a car
- a good job/their own business

If you want to wait till you are self sufficient to impose high, discouraging TARIFFS on rice imports, how do you get private investors to put their money into rice farming and processing?
Please explain oh.
Thanks.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855735_twooptionswallpaper10579600_jpeg618d634ba6258d93161d282181afdc68

2 Likes

Re: Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG by anonimi: 7:48am On Oct 11, 2016
teacherbim:
We are waiting November is next month

That was how we waited for their 100 days honeymoon to be over yet things only got WORSE! angry embarassed undecided

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2829595_img16797799937954_jpeg_jpegf12ec4c2cf413bca7562fe43c2669fe4

1 Like

Re: Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 11, 2016
Govt. Of promises but NO fulfilment!
Re: Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG by buffalowings: 8:02am On Oct 11, 2016
So if I've been selling a bag of rice at 20,000, I will then reduce my price to 10000 because I was told to... prices don't come down unless the government enforce price caps
We all know how that turned out in Venezuela with maduro
Re: Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG by biggie73(m): 8:03am On Oct 11, 2016
It had better. For APC to earn my vote in 2019, the price of a bag of rice must be #7500, US dollar must be #199, price of commodities must return or be lesser than what it was in May 29th, 2015. If not, he should kiss me goodbye.
Re: Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 11, 2016
Hello House.

The FG should learn to stop playing with propaganda and manipulation of the masses. The real truth is that globally there is a crash in the price of rice and this would also have a ripple effect on the price of rice in the market, hence they have looked at it that the global rebound effect on the price of rice would hit Nigeria by November.

1 Like

Re: Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG by johnsonedidiong(m): 8:10am On Oct 11, 2016
This government lack focus how can you keep promising the masses unfulfilled promising why we you luck your kitchen from cooking why expecting to build a new one it means your children as well the entire household will remain in hunger till the next new kichen is been build imagine the sence of people who never never in their life time price a cup of garri in the market you stop food when you never start clearing the farm you want to cultivate what did you think will happen to the nation and masses. This Hovernment should situp and think something positive like leaders not like leathers
Re: Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG by drnoel: 8:15am On Oct 11, 2016
Rubbish people, just last week ports authority said ban on rice was to be lifted. Can u imagine how many traders diverted their goods back to Nigerian ports? I feel for the nigerian middle class cos this government is out to destroy them.
Re: Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG by mnwogu(m): 8:23am On Oct 11, 2016
What about beans. Let it not be the case of fuel and kerosine again.
Re: Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG by dragunov: 8:29am On Oct 11, 2016
DrPrickson:
The reverse was the case when good old GEJ was president less than two years ago. God bless that man and forgive the ungratefuls.

Yeah, Dr prick..............
Re: Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG by dragunov: 8:39am On Oct 11, 2016
johnsonedidiong:
This government lack focus how can you keep promising the masses unfulfilled promising why we you luck your kitchen from cooking why expecting to build a new one it means your children as well the entire household will remain in hunger till the next new kichen is been build imagine the sence of people who never never in their life time price a cup of garri in the market you stop food when you never start clearing the farm you want to cultivate what did you think will happen to the nation and masses. This Hovernment should situp and think something positive like leaders not like leathers
HOVERNMENT!!!! Old boy, this is a new word of.
Re: Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG by nobeku: 8:45am On Oct 11, 2016
coolebux:
This time the FG didn't allow Lai Mohammed to circulate the lie gringringrin
Is this another change or substitute because the anointed Liar won't find it funny (lying on his behalf) gringringrin

We already got the message, a bag of rice is going to be N40,000.
Thanks for the information
Local urchin!
Re: Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG by MattFreeman007(m): 9:02am On Oct 11, 2016
But is this news for us to celebrate or jump up ?? What is the work of a government if not to better the living standards of the people... Nigerians really needs to grow up and start seeing the actions and in-actions in broad view so as to start holding them responsible for it.. is it only the price of rice that should come down by Nov? What happens to the prices of the other cooking brothers and sisters of Rice, like groundnut oil,chicken,turkey,spices,tomatoes and other spiritual ingredients related to the cooking pot, would their prices be reduced by this same November

2 Likes

Re: Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG by IMMUNO1(m): 9:04am On Oct 11, 2016
Speculations and speculations' all are speculations.
Re: Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG by ellovee(m): 9:06am On Oct 11, 2016
Millions of promises without fulfillment.
What is the price of rice falls, what happens to other commodities and products?
Is rice the only commodity being affected by the recession? [size=14pt] Olodo govt! [/size]

1 Like

Re: Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG by Justiceleague1: 9:07am On Oct 11, 2016
sdindan:
I pray so!

Cos' this exam gonna hot if it didn't come down.

But Buhari is a dunderhead!
yes,and a murderer as well...he dosent care to know how many nigerians fall to hunger everyday...
Useless govt.mumu supporters..afonja amalas..bonobo mallams monkeys grin
Re: Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG by coolebux(m): 10:08am On Oct 11, 2016
nobeku:
Local urchin!
International urchin ®

Re: Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG by sheddy03: 10:21am On Oct 11, 2016
shame on this govt.
Re: Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 11, 2016
Enough of dumb promises! Campaigns/elections are long over!...WAKE-UP!!
Re: Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG by toblosky(m): 10:36am On Oct 11, 2016
Just relieved he didn't say in two weeks and I shouldn't be jubilating because it can be any November

1 Like

Re: Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG by winnah(f): 11:34am On Oct 11, 2016
kingphilip:
Personally I'm tired of hearing it from the media.. I think the farmers association of Nigeria will be in a better position to tell us all this

But the damage has already been done though even though from all indications it will never be the same again in coming years i.e. a bag of rice can never go back to below #10000 again not now not the next few years
Nigga shout up. Currently in kano state, as of last week a bag of well locally process rice was been sold at 9k. The harvest so far in kano and kaduna is very encouraging am not telling you what the media said am telling you from my observation.
Re: Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG by winnah(f): 12:03pm On Oct 11, 2016
toblosky:
Just relieved he didn't say in two weeks and I shouldn't be jubilating because it can be any November
Sometimes, govt are not to be blame but us. The America we do compare ourselves with is great not because of the govt but the citizen. Nigeria produces more of job seeker than job provider. We need more of entrepreneurs than politicians or job seekers. The highest employer of labour in America and even some other developed countries are individuals and corporate org.(citizen) and not the govt. Quote me if am wrong and let me prove you right. In kano state, kaduna, where the have more of farmers, prices of these farm produces are ok. E.g. A basket of tomato is 1,000. A bag of well locally process rice( stone free) is 9,000, a bag of beans 16,000, foreign rice 17,000. A bag of corn 10,000, a bag of potato 2,500, a bag of millet and guinea corn 10,000, full live goat ranges from 2,500-8,000 depending on the size while the govt is trying her effort let's also help ourselves for the say heaven help thoes who help themselves . Please if the price of these commodities are not the same in your own state ask your self this question "why" we are the only people that will make this our country great forgive me to say that is not the govt, but us. You and I. Recession is the best thing that as happen to us. Sometimes problems comes to make you stronger and to think outside the box. This is the best time to diversify the economy it has open our eyes to see other potential areas of creating more income both individually or govt. It also has help us to remember that life is not a bed of roses. We were so depending on oil. God bless nigeria and am a proud nigerian. Kill me not I just want to make a common sense.
Re: Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG by winnah(f): 12:05pm On Oct 11, 2016
[quote author=DrPrickson post=50097555]The reverse was the case when good old GEJ was president less than two years ago. God bless that man and forgive the ungratefuls. [/quote
Sometimes, govt are not to be blame but us. The America we do compare ourselves with is great not because of the govt but the citizen. Nigeria produces more of job seeker than job provider. We need more of entrepreneurs than politicians or job seekers. The highest employer of labour in America and even some other developed countries are individuals and corporate org.(citizen) and not the govt. Quote me if am wrong and let me prove you right. In kano state, kaduna, where the have more of farmers, prices of these farm produces are ok. E.g. A basket of tomato is 1,000. A bag of well locally process rice( stone free) is 9,000, a bag of beans 16,000, foreign rice 17,000. A bag of corn 10,000, a bag of potato 2,500, a bag of millet and guinea corn 10,000, full live goat ranges from 2,500-8,000 depending on the size while the govt is trying her effort let's also help ourselves for the say heaven help thoes who help themselves . Please if the price of these commodities are not the same in your own state ask your self this question "why" we are the only people that will make this our country great forgive me to say that is not the govt, but us. You and I. Recession is the best thing that as happen to us. Sometimes problems comes to make you stronger and to think outside the box. This is the best time to diversify the economy it has open our eyes to see other potential areas of creating more income both individually or govt. It also has help us to remember that life is not a bed of roses. We were so depending on oil. God bless nigeria and am a proud nigerian. Kill me not I just want to make a common sense.
Re: Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG by winnah(f): 12:10pm On Oct 11, 2016
jerryunit48:
Una still dey believe dem ?
Re: Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG by kingphilip(m): 1:14pm On Oct 11, 2016
winnah:

Nigga shout up. Currently in kano state, as of last week a bag of well locally process rice was been sold at 9k. The harvest so far in kano and kaduna is very encouraging am not telling you what the media said am telling you from my observation.
are you serious

Abeg chat me up make we do business
Re: Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 1:57pm On Oct 11, 2016
what i know about this government is that when they something the opposite will occur, so please my brothers and sisters go and buy your christsmas rice now if you don't want to use garri to celebrate yours.....
Re: Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 1:58pm On Oct 11, 2016
what i know about this government is that when they something the opposite will occur, so please my brothers and sisters go and buy your christsmas rice now if you don't want to use garri to celebrate yours..... grin grin
Re: Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG by winnah(f): 3:43pm On Oct 11, 2016
[quote author=kingphilip post=50107787]are you serious

Abeg chat me up make we do business [/Sometimes, govt are not to be blame but us. The America we do compare ourselves with is great not because of the govt but the citizen. Nigeria produces more of job seeker than job provider. We need more of entrepreneurs than politicians or job seekers. The highest employer of labour in America and even some other developed countries are individuals and corporate org.(citizen) and not the govt. Quote me if am wrong and let me prove you right. In kano state, kaduna, where the have more of farmers, prices of these farm produces are ok. E.g. A basket of tomato is 1,000. A bag of well locally process rice( stone free) is 9,000, a bag of beans 16,000, foreign rice 17,000. A bag of corn 10,000, a bag of potato 2,500, a bag of millet and guinea corn 10,000, full live goat ranges from 2,500-8,000 depending on the size while the govt is trying her effort let's also help ourselves for the say heaven help thoes who help themselves . Please if the price of these commodities are not the same in your own state ask your self this question "why" we are the only people that will make this our country great forgive me to say that is not the govt, but us. You and I. Recession is the best thing that as happen to us. Sometimes problems comes to make you stronger and to think outside the box. This is the best time to diversify the economy it has open our eyes to see other potential areas of creating more income both individually or govt. It also has help us to remember that life is not a bed of roses. We were so depending on oil. God bless nigeria and am a proud nigerian. Kill me not I just want to make a common sense.]
Re: Rice Price’ll Fall By Nov. — FG by kingphilip(m): 5:04pm On Oct 11, 2016
winnah:
oga my number is on my siggy

Just chat me up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pls Do U Know How Much A Maruwa (aka Keke Napeps) Cost? / 9 Super Easy Job You Can Do On Fiverr And Make Money Fast / First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.