Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices (25659 Views)

Buhari Seeks Senate's Approval For $5.5bn Foreign Loan / Buhari Seeks Senate Confirmation Of Anyene As Auditor-general / BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Seeks Emergency Powers To Tackle Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by misscall247: 2:34pm On Oct 11, 2016
DonphilopusGuy:
Before people would come here and start shouting Northerners. Note that one of them is a Christian. So put on your religious' lens on this.
I.diot what of d north east and north south

Nigeria has north south,west and East......why must it always north

#buhari is d president of d northern nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by ifecokk: 2:34pm On Oct 11, 2016
king of the north, southeast we are watching in 10 D

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by sportskid(m): 2:34pm On Oct 11, 2016
I always know that buhari was looking for a way to replace the old judges with his own puppets. We are watching.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by 4nobody4every1: 2:34pm On Oct 11, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
RIDE ON MR PRESIDENT. Some call you a dictator but if dictatorship is what is required to sanitize the system you have the support of sane Nigerians. Invade the home of looters, break their doors and safes with sledge hammers, brutalize them with your DSS and make them pay for short changing the state. We must sanitize the country for the upcoming generations
grin grin grin

Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by sharpden: 2:35pm On Oct 11, 2016
Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by ifecokk: 2:35pm On Oct 11, 2016
king of the north, southeast we are watching in 6 D

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 11, 2016
I don tire to talk. It's like talking to a molded artifact. Let him continue. The Afonjas brought this tribulation on Nigerians but their Tinubu is already receiving the "rewards"

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by Okijajuju1(m): 2:35pm On Oct 11, 2016
MadeInTokyo:

grin grin grin

Another confused Sai Baba Zombie

Atleast I am not confused enough to know that Justice Suleiman Galadima that is retiring mandatorily in November of this year is not a Southerner as you falsely claimed.

Now I will give you the chance to go find out the second Supreme Court Justice that will also be retiring and where he is from.

You can hate Buhari all you want, but I will not hesitate to Fact Check your bullshit when I spot it.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by sassiemyk: 2:36pm On Oct 11, 2016
Well, Nigeria Political matter no 'consign' me. Please Lalasticala, help me ask fellow nairalanders especially the one from Benin if any one has a grandmother that can fly abroad so I can accompany her to JFK airport. I'll pay her for one way ticket.
Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by maxiuc(m): 2:36pm On Oct 11, 2016
PassingShot:
Haters and children of anger will see reasons to condemn this nomination.

They always do.
. E good for ur eye. Zombie alert

I condemn this move by el dullardiho
Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by Paschal55(m): 2:37pm On Oct 11, 2016
DonphilopusGuy:
Before people would come here and start shouting Northerners. Note that one of them is a Christian. So put on your religious' lens on this.
He's a northerner anyway.
Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by Postulates: 2:37pm On Oct 11, 2016
finalbosss1:
senate President Bukola Saraki, on the floor
of the senate this morning read a letter from President Buhari seeking confirmation of appointment of two Supreme Court Justice. The names forwarded for confirmation are Justice Sidi Dauda Bage (North-Central) and Justice Paul Adamu (North-East)

source;- http://www.jeloser.info/2016/10/president-buhari-seeks-senates.html

Most people here aren't discerning. This is a direct like-for-like replacement of the two JSCs retiring this year.

The CJN, being from Jalingo, Taraba State - retiring November 2016; and the No.4 in line of CJN succession, Suleiman Galadima, from Nassarawa State - retiring October 2016.

We should calm down and do a little research, it will help in alienating the northernization conspiracy theory.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by IME1: 2:39pm On Oct 11, 2016
what of Justice Augie pls is she already at the SC?
Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by Oceemo(m): 2:42pm On Oct 11, 2016
This country Nigeria we still have a long way 2 go. Must we complain abt everything? And d complaints is becoming something else. Because we don't complain for the right reasons these thieves called politicians will keep using u as a fool.

Even if ur party does the wrong thing must u support them? haba naija
Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by Miles300: 2:43pm On Oct 11, 2016
fratermathy:
Lol.

Some Nigerians will be like "Northerners again"

This man needs to be more embracing in his appointments so that all ethnic groups can be represented well. For now, he scores just 10/100 in terms of appointments.
and this is where govt is insensitive , politically .. This thins cos division in a nation .. It's not abt if it's the north that can do d job , does that mean there are no other clean judges in other region ...
Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by Owoplenty(m): 2:43pm On Oct 11, 2016
MadeInTokyo:
cheesy grin grin

Northern Supreme Court Judges to replace Southern Supreme Court Judges

Buhari replacing Southern Judges with His Northern Brothers to help do his dirty work.

Thunder fire Buhari and gullible Nigerians who still think Buhari is fighting corruotion .
the only thing I deduce from your is post is senselessness borne out of tribal sentiment and barbarism,the issue is not region or whatever but honesty and sincerity hinged on patriotism
Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by blemgeorge: 2:43pm On Oct 11, 2016
All of you busy suporting buari act are Hippocrates you and I knw all buari is doing is to put the supreme court under his control. Let's be fear to our self's all the high court and appeal court judgments in favour of APC and the supreme court judgements in favour of PDP which one is more ridiculous? Is it the judgement that suspended a case as important as the qualification of the President indefinitely, or is it the the the judgement that sacked wine without any reasonable fact. Please you all should stop lieing to your self's you all know the truth

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by sunnyside16(m): 2:43pm On Oct 11, 2016
I hope they will be selfless
Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by jozee8: 2:45pm On Oct 11, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
RIDE ON MR PRESIDENT. Some call you a dictator but if dictatorship is what is required to sanitize the system you have the support of sane Nigerians. Invade the home of looters, break their doors and safes with sledge hammers, brutalize them with your DSS and make them pay for short changing the state. We must sanitize the country for the upcoming generations
Seconded!
Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by emmykk(m): 2:47pm On Oct 11, 2016
AFONJAS give me 3 REASONS why i shoulr no blame you guys for the misadministration.

Now you ademola adeniyi given a bad name for northerners to take over.omayeoo
Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by mamatino99: 2:50pm On Oct 11, 2016
Honestly some Nigerians are terrible, just look at how one mane is playing chess game with illiterate Nigerians and you people are proud, I ask, is it only northern people are educated in nigeria that made president to appoint only his people?,is the northern people are the only tribes in nigeria that have sence of leadership in nigeria? Why is it that people don't want to look deeper and see how desperate the president are, honestly nigerias are primitive and they live like people from Stone Age.
Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by Oblang(m): 2:51pm On Oct 11, 2016
misscall247:
I.diot what of d north east and north south

Nigeria has north south,west and East......why must it always north

#buhari is d president of d northern nigeria

Hypocrisy is when u acknowledge SE, SW and SS but don't acknowledge NE, NW and NC. FYI, ur region is jst one out of six in Nigeria..
Kiss the truth..
Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by Sultty(m): 2:56pm On Oct 11, 2016
[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]Shut d F up, who cares if one of them is a Christan.see if u don't have anything meaningful to put up here u can go take a hikeangry
DonphilopusGuy:

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by Beetobee(f): 2:58pm On Oct 11, 2016
MadeInTokyo:
cheesy grin grin

Northern Supreme Court Judges to replace Southern Supreme Court Judges

Buhari replacing Southern Judges with His Northern Brothers to help do his dirty work.

Thunder fire Buhari and gullible Nigerians who still think Buhari is fighting corruotion .

Why do Nigeria's daftest people like trooping to Nairaland? Why,why,why?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by nnokwa042(m): 3:01pm On Oct 11, 2016
DonphilopusGuy:
ur speaking like muslim people cus when ever there is muslim sucide bomber u will hear something like this from muslims, they will start with islam is a peaceful religion who ask them ,ve u seen a jewish a christian a Buddha a hindu person or even guru mahara ji shouting we re peaceful people but only muslim do that cus they know the reason, ur telling us one is a christian from north you people ,why re u telling us we did not ask u we know buhari can only appoint saint's from north so dont bother to explain

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by nnokwa042(m): 3:05pm On Oct 11, 2016
ebujany:

Must you live and die a bigot? Well let me school you. Supreme court judges are not a political appointment. Its done zone by zone. So it's obvious that side of the north needed this approval to meet up with the rest
but when northerners form boko haram do to chase away good luck u did not see it abi ur devil
Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by babs50g: 3:08pm On Oct 11, 2016
The move is solely pre mediated no doubt. Its all strategy . The witch cry yesterday , and a baby dies today. We are all watching in 3D
Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by Mistermamus(m): 3:09pm On Oct 11, 2016
Yeah ride on tyrant northerners ti takeover. Smh
Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by oostin: 3:11pm On Oct 11, 2016
People should stop displaying their blatant ignorance on topical issues. The Constitution is quite clear that Justices of the Supreme Court are appointed by the President ON THE RECOMMENDATION OF THE NATIONAL JUDICIAL COUNCIL. It's always better to be quiet and thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by imanuel80(m): 3:13pm On Oct 11, 2016
Davidsylva:
Buhari is simply making Nigeria an Islamic country
bros read well b4 u comment plz
Re: Buhari Seeks Senates Confirmation Of Two Supreme Court Justices by maxiuc(m): 3:13pm On Oct 11, 2016
mayourbash:
go and die, mumu
. Zombie alert

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Only looters are not happy with Buhari, Gov Bello tells Catholic Bishops / Ekiti Election: Fayose Promises N50,000, Fayemi Provides Free Fuel / Audu Ogbeh: Reduce Visa To Nigerian Youths By EU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.