Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,750 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. (16276 Views)

Police Padded Recruitment List With Unqualified Persons –PSC Commissioner / Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic / Police Recruitment: Kaduna Tops List, Bayelsa State Lowest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by Topenzee(m): 5:24pm On Oct 11, 2016
The Senate has demanded that the recruitment of
10,000 personnel into the Nigeria Police Force,
NPF, be suspended.
The Senate, it was gathered, cited irregularity in the
criteria set for the exercise.
Senate Committee on Police gave the suspension
order in a letter it wrote to the Police Service
Commission, PSC, last week and also forwarded to
President Muhammadu Buhari.
After initial hiccups, the recruitment, which finally
took off in August, was discovered to be lopsided.
Earlier, stakeholders had agreed that the
recruitment would be based on local government
areas, Daily Trust reports.
But the commission allegedly decided to base the
exercise on equal number per state, claiming
orders from above.
Protests letters were sent to the Senate, with
stakeholders demanding that the commission
restricts itself to the recruitment of cadet ASPs, its
statutory responsibility, while Force Headquarters
handles the enlistment of those on inspectorate
cadre and below.
Already, the presidency has reportedly directed the
PSC Chairman, Mike Okiro, to explain the flaw
pointed out by the red chamber.
Reacting, PSC spokesman, Ikechukwu Ani, said the
recruitment exercise had not been suspended.
Checks and recent events counter his position as
there had been no major news on the recruitment
since applicants wrote their aptitude tests late
August.
An applicant of Akwa Ibom origin, who wrote the
test, confirmed to DAILY POST that neither he nor
those he exchanged contact with have been
contacted.
“They told us they will invite us for the next stage,
but nothing yet. Last week, I called some guys I
met at the venue and they too said they have not
received any update,” he disclosed.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/10/10/police-recruitment-senate-asks-buhari-psc-stop-process-irregularity/
Re: Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by simondavid: 6:53pm On Oct 11, 2016
pls my fellow applicant via Nigeria police recruitment 2016/2017. pls I want to ask for you guys favor to keep me update concern the news from Nigeria police force
pls. reply me with this number pls : 0806680
Re: Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by stinggy(m): 6:44am On Oct 13, 2016
simondavid:
pls my fellow applicant via Nigeria police recruitment 2016/2017. pls I want to ask for you guys favor to keep me update concern the news from Nigeria police force
pls. reply me with this number pls : 08x6680
9xxx
Ok we will. Not only to call you, we will drive you down when camp opens. We care tongue

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by Wealthyonos(m): 6:44am On Oct 13, 2016
Hmmmm....they want to share d slot ooo
Re: Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by nony43(m): 6:45am On Oct 13, 2016
Nothing ever goes straight in this administration, for your info no hope for the common man, because the President has his own list, his wife has her own list the V.P , the senators , before it will get to the common man they must have exhausted all the slots

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by notoriousbabe: 6:45am On Oct 13, 2016
Who wan join police self?I will rather be a thief than join the Nigeria police,meanwhile the modafokas are suspending the exercise so as to pack in their candidates.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by perfectwazobia1: 6:46am On Oct 13, 2016
Can't they just get anything right in this administration

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by Seun4FastLoans(f): 6:46am On Oct 13, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by Helkayklassic(m): 6:46am On Oct 13, 2016
Nawa for this country! If recruitment of just 10,000 personnel is giving them problem, then how will they handle the Npower 500,000 recruitment?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by axzon: 6:47am On Oct 13, 2016
Corruption is rooted in DNA of this country. Tribalism, favouritism, "brotherlism, sectionalism, my poepelism and what have u?
May God help the poor masses in this country

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by greatness22(m): 6:47am On Oct 13, 2016
Right from the very day he was sworn in, everything for this country change to Upside down. Mtchewwww

21 Likes

Re: Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:48am On Oct 13, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin

David Mark will always take 90% of Benue Slot to Idoma Land as usual grin

4 Likes

Re: Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by bsideboii(m): 6:48am On Oct 13, 2016
As always expected.

2 Likes

Re: Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by olumideabefe(m): 6:48am On Oct 13, 2016
patiently waiting o #ASP OLU
Re: Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by Wealthyonos(m): 6:48am On Oct 13, 2016
We see CHANGEs everyday...Buhari is really working...

3 Likes

Re: Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by stinggy(m): 6:48am On Oct 13, 2016
Earlier, stakeholders had agreed that the
recruitment would be based on local government
areas, Daily Trust reports.
But the commission allegedly decided to base the
exercise on equal number per state, claiming
orders from above.
This was reported few days back.

Senate should please allow PSC to base it on State to ensure same number of officers per state. Local Government route will be so wrong. Imagine Bayelsa having 8 (if it is one-per-lg), Lagos having 20 while Kano having 44, Oyo having 33. By the time they will be through, we'll start shouting "Northernization of the Police Force"
My point is equity will be better achieved basing it on State. Every state has to be treated equally!

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by brightballer(m): 6:48am On Oct 13, 2016
The process has been fair so far.
I have two guys who had even given up but suddenly got the emails for the last screening.

Make NASS go boil stone jor.

4 Likes

Re: Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by Zaikon(m): 6:48am On Oct 13, 2016
Hhhhhhmmm
Re: Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by Wealthyonos(m): 6:49am On Oct 13, 2016
No bi me talk am oh!!! "The three arms of government in Nigeria: ExecuTHIEVES, LegisLOOTERS, and JudiSHARING."

4 Likes

Re: Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by mbaboy(m): 6:49am On Oct 13, 2016
The change zombies voted for

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by DickDastardly(m): 6:49am On Oct 13, 2016
Yeye
Re: Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by Mopolchi: 6:50am On Oct 13, 2016
Buhari no go hear ooo.

1 Like

Re: Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by Markshevy(m): 6:51am On Oct 13, 2016
:
undecided:
Re: Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by ufumes(m): 6:52am On Oct 13, 2016
except the recruitment won't be conducted by the police... you should expect plenty irregularity
Re: Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by otr1(m): 6:53am On Oct 13, 2016
Why can't each state have equal allocation of candidates, at least, for once?
Now the Senators want it as usual?
I don't care if the process is stopped all together, but I believe PSC has been doing great so far.
Now the Senators want to hijack the process.
They should be ignored

1 Like

Re: Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by orlarbissy(f): 6:53am On Oct 13, 2016
We all understand their plans

3 Likes

Re: Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by Vaxt(m): 6:54am On Oct 13, 2016
Who do mteeech 4 mopol?

1 Like

Re: Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by heIdworld: 6:55am On Oct 13, 2016
B4 nko?
Re: Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by Phiniter(m): 6:55am On Oct 13, 2016
Hmm
Another inconclusive employment
Re: Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by unite4real: 6:56am On Oct 13, 2016
perfectwazobia1:
Can't they just get anything right in this administration

Just the way they also messed up the immigration service recruitment?

3 Likes

Re: Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by newheart2(m): 6:59am On Oct 13, 2016
red chamber, green or blue should hand off from that recruitment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Recruitment, Senate Asks Buhari, PSC To Stop Process Over Irregularity. by jmichlins(m): 7:01am On Oct 13, 2016
these people make a mockery of the pains and suffering Nigerians go through everyday. Many borrowed just go to attend this hoax of recruitment now all is suspended as if it didn't matter.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Follow-Up On Job Applications / The Real Truth About The Aso Villa Demo Day - A Finalist / Deloitte 2024 Graduate Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.