Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,717 members, 7,820,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Exclusive : How Yoruba Lifestyle Almost Scattered A Home In Lagos - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Exclusive : How Yoruba Lifestyle Almost Scattered A Home In Lagos (1381 Views)

Fire Kills Wife And 3 Children At Home In Minna, Niger State (Photos) / Woman Flees Home In Owerri With Her Children Over Husband's Bad Attitude. Photos / Man Opts Out As Wife Brings Second Husband Home In Zimbabwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exclusive : How Yoruba Lifestyle Almost Scattered A Home In Lagos by kayodescrib(m): 6:57am On Oct 12, 2016
There has always been this general yoruba saying that we are not conscious of and this was what almost led to the breakup of two young couples in lagos yesterday.

Mr john who was an igbo man happened to marry an ekiti lady whom they both reside together in lagos. They had already given birth to two children whom they enrolled in a school around their neighborhood.

Mr john was at home with his wife yesterday when a man in the neighborhood came around. Mr john was inside reading the daily punch newspaper with clear attention to what was happening outside.

The passerby greeted mrs john who was busy spreading her clothes on the line outside and asked " how are my children ? "
She replied " they are fine "

Mr john an igbo man who does not understand what was going on and had that question and answer strange in his ears stood up violently and came outside approaching his wife with a strong accusation of cheating on him with reference to her conversation with the other man.

He claimed this particular question has been asked by this man on several occasions and his wife gave the same response. This made him conclude they had a secret affair. It took lot of pleading and explanation before the man could calm down to understand it was just a yoruba way of greeting.

Yoruba men and women be careful.

Culled By:

Kayode Oluwatobiloba E.

A professional freelancer who deals with any type of writing(eg.proposals,articles/blogposts,reviews,cv compilation,projects,articles for your product and services etc.) 09090771556

Re: Exclusive : How Yoruba Lifestyle Almost Scattered A Home In Lagos by perfectwazobia1: 7:04am On Oct 12, 2016
Una dò continue grin
Re: Exclusive : How Yoruba Lifestyle Almost Scattered A Home In Lagos by deeplow: 7:20am On Oct 12, 2016
Lol. He should be happy na. That's a sign you are raising good kids. Nobody will call cause trouble kids "my children".

1 Like

Re: Exclusive : How Yoruba Lifestyle Almost Scattered A Home In Lagos by Nobody: 7:33am On Oct 12, 2016
I don't think d man in d context is an igbo man...an igbo will understand na.
cud b an hausa, or Edo man

1 Like

Re: Exclusive : How Yoruba Lifestyle Almost Scattered A Home In Lagos by stinggy(m): 7:43am On Oct 12, 2016
AuroraB how are my children? cheesy
Re: Exclusive : How Yoruba Lifestyle Almost Scattered A Home In Lagos by FreshBoss007: 7:48am On Oct 12, 2016
grin
Re: Exclusive : How Yoruba Lifestyle Almost Scattered A Home In Lagos by AuroraB(f): 8:17am On Oct 12, 2016
stinggy:
AuroraB how are my children? cheesy
cheesy Your children are fine smiley cool

The man in question fall hand small if na true. This is why we are Africans meeeehn grin

1 Like

Re: Exclusive : How Yoruba Lifestyle Almost Scattered A Home In Lagos by stinggy(m): 8:32am On Oct 12, 2016
AuroraB:
cheesy Your children are fine smiley cool

The man in question fall hand small if na true. This is why we are Africans meeeehn grin
I wonder ooo. Good children is everybody's children.
Re: Exclusive : How Yoruba Lifestyle Almost Scattered A Home In Lagos by AuroraB(f): 8:36am On Oct 12, 2016
stinggy:

I wonder ooo. Good children is everybody's children.
Yup, yup, yup smiley
Re: Exclusive : How Yoruba Lifestyle Almost Scattered A Home In Lagos by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:34am On Oct 12, 2016
He knows what Yoruba women are capable of

2 Likes

Re: Exclusive : How Yoruba Lifestyle Almost Scattered A Home In Lagos by TerrorSquad147: 11:28am On Oct 12, 2016
Rosalieene how are my children?
Re: Exclusive : How Yoruba Lifestyle Almost Scattered A Home In Lagos by TerrorSquad147: 11:29am On Oct 12, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:
He knows what Yoruba women are capable of
no be lie

1 Like

Re: Exclusive : How Yoruba Lifestyle Almost Scattered A Home In Lagos by Swissheart(f): 2:48pm On Oct 12, 2016
Lol....

(1) (Reply)

I Need Advise Please / Man Declared Missing Reportedly Last Seen With The Missing Abuja Ladies (photo) / It Can't Work This Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.