Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,925 members, 7,817,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

21 Top Skills To Get You A Job Sooner - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 21 Top Skills To Get You A Job Sooner (1519 Views)

Urgent Vacancy Close Sooner / Without A Job Yet? Learn These 5 Top Skills And Get A Job!!! / Top Skills That'll Get You A Job When You Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

21 Top Skills To Get You A Job Sooner by spartoo: 9:33am On Oct 12, 2016
The top 21 skills all companies across industries are looking for include:

1. Statistical Analysis System (SAS)
Employers are willing to pay you handsomely if you possess knowledge of this data analysis software.

2. Data Mining/Warehousing
Combing through large amounts of data and picking out patterns from them to optimise profits is another expensive skill.

3. Search Engine Marketing
The ability to reach customers digitally through search adverts is one of the most important skills businesses need to employ.

4. Data Modeling
Database design skills are another valuable skill that companies are willing to pay for substantially.

5. Contract Negotiation
Business, Finance, and Management roles are filled with contract negotiation opportunities which speak directly to the bottom line.

6. Software Development
Mastering digital tools is a needed skill across industries and are therefore very valuable.

7. Strategic Project Management
The balance between high-level thinking partnered with good attention to detail makes possessors of this skill highly sought after.

8. Strategic Planning
Regarded as a trifecta, strategic planners attract higher pay, access to a range of industries, and a short cut up the corporate ladder.

9. Technical Sales
If salespeople can master technologically complex products and services, they're in for a fatter paycheck.

10. Customer Service Metrics
Your skills as an excellent tracker of customer experience, satisfaction and predictor of future customer behaviour, makes you an asset to any team.

11. Financial analysis
Costs, revenue and profitability: possessing the skills needed to manage these makes you a highly desirable candidate.

12. Risk Management/Control
With regards to operational threats, being able to assess and minimise them is an alluring skill to have.

13. SAP Material Management
Knowledge of this inventory, purchasing and other elements of the supply chain means you can negotiate a higher salary before accepting a job offer.

14. Business Analysis
Identifying business needs and solutions allow you to work in many industries with a great salary to match.

15. IT Security and Infrastructure
Curbing the devastation of hackers and spammers from infiltrating sensitive information makes this skillset in demand.

16. Lean Manufacturing
Reducing waste has become an ever-important aspect of big corporations.

17. Forecasting
In order to effectively generate business outlooks, this skill requires you to be able to pair management insights with historical data.

18. Clinical Education
The ability to teach patient procedures is useful in education, medical and various social science industries.
Also Read: Traditional to technical: The rise of online education.

19. Computer-Aided Design/Manufacturing
This is another skill that allows you to apply and work within several industries anywhere in the world.

20. Systems troubleshooting
Methodically diagnosing and repairing operational failures makes this fundamental problem solving related skill attractive.

21. New Business Development
Companies are willing to offer increases to workers who are able to use their skills to generate new revenue streams and bring aboard new partners.
Unsurprisingly, data analysis skills, financial skills, business and strategic thinking skills, as well as tech skills render you highly employable and simultaneously eligible for a higher salary.

#copied wink

lalasticlala it's not a snake thread but it is insightful

1 Like

Re: 21 Top Skills To Get You A Job Sooner by igorekpengmail: 10:11am On Oct 12, 2016
Spartoo,

More than half of these skills I strongly possess, a graduate of computer science, developed a cgp calculator. Developed a medsoft, a cbt app, a banking app, datadriven website etc, strong data analysis, problem solving from algorithm, flow chart, psuedocode. All access and mysql data backend.

Kindly assist me Bro, I gat no job.
I don't mind relocating(to Lagos)

2 Likes

Re: 21 Top Skills To Get You A Job Sooner by amicable09(f): 10:22am On Oct 12, 2016
Yorex2011, come and befriend this poster above cheesy. He's doing all the things you love to do grin
Re: 21 Top Skills To Get You A Job Sooner by spartoo: 10:29am On Oct 12, 2016
igorekpengmail:
Spartoo,

More than half of these skills I strongly possess, a graduate of computer science, developed a cgp calculator. Developed a medsoft, a cbt app, a banking app, datadriven website etc, strong data analysis, problem solving from algorithm, flow chart, psuedocode. All access and mysql data backend.

I wish I could bro.

God will provide one for you .
Re: 21 Top Skills To Get You A Job Sooner by igorekpengmail: 10:48am On Oct 12, 2016
@spartoo,
Thanks bro.
I strongly agree.
Re: 21 Top Skills To Get You A Job Sooner by yorex2011: 1:29pm On Oct 12, 2016
igorekpengmail:
Spartoo,

Bro you did a bank app and you have no job, thats not possible
Re: 21 Top Skills To Get You A Job Sooner by igorekpengmail: 1:47pm On Oct 12, 2016
Hmmmm. They all rot away in my HDD
Re: 21 Top Skills To Get You A Job Sooner by kentochi(m): 3:27pm On Oct 12, 2016
igorekpengmail:
Spartoo,

you can sell some of your skill on fiverr and upwork
Re: 21 Top Skills To Get You A Job Sooner by igorekpengmail: 3:47pm On Oct 12, 2016
Elance/upwork!

Indians are everywhere.

But currently working on a project."Matics" its an app to solve problems in mathematics for ssce students, using c#.
Re: 21 Top Skills To Get You A Job Sooner by THUNDAR(m): 7:40pm On Oct 12, 2016
igorekpengmail:
Spartoo,

with all these skills you still gat no job? you must be jobless Bro!
Re: 21 Top Skills To Get You A Job Sooner by spartoo: 8:50pm On Oct 12, 2016
THUNDAR:

wtf
Re: 21 Top Skills To Get You A Job Sooner by spartoo: 11:54pm On Oct 12, 2016
THUNDAR:

u hav to know that there are many qualified people out there who don't have jobs while many under qualified people have good jobs. it's life plus the system
Re: 21 Top Skills To Get You A Job Sooner by sofiabelgrade(f): 11:39am On Oct 13, 2016
THUNDAR:

Frankly speaking, i'm pissed off with your post. The guy was sincere enough. If he was jobless, how come he was able to develop those apps. I smhh for you.

@igorekpen, don't give up. The best is out waiting for you.

(1) (Reply)

Vacancies Opened At Smile Communications, Lagos And Port Harcourt / Westfield Consulting Interview / Ipi Powertech Account Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.