Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely (26301 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Dons Jewish Attire For His Arraignment In Court Today. Photos / National Judicial Council Reacts To Arrest Of Judges, Bars DSS From Arraignment / DSS Invading Homes Of Judges In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by mizzpweety(f): 4:35pm On Oct 12, 2016
Who dem epp
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by neocortex: 4:36pm On Oct 12, 2016
Buhari just shot himself in the foot,
if you must fight your enemies you are to crush them completely
or you let them be.
Now that he couldn't crush them , it will be difficult for FG to win any
case in court , since the accused judges colleagues will be waiting to take
their pound of flesh. It is almost all over for the anti-corruption war(except
the media one).

7 Likes

Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by vascey(m): 4:42pm On Oct 12, 2016
lanreni:

intellectual but sentimental rubbish by typically bribed lawyers! first the questions u wanted to ask will be asked by their lawyers in a proper courtroom, not in a nairaland courtroom. you are d ones that will call it media trials.secondly, a corruption case canbe established without a sting operation. were the assets declared in their asset declaration forms? can their income support it? if they gifts, can it be established that they were inducements?forexample, if d DSScan prove d monies were transfered to themfromgov. wike's accounts who happened to have hada case before some of the judges? if they were clean gifts from friends and relations or from profit from businesses, then you must provite financial documents and tax clearances. so you see, acase can beestablishedand won without actually planting bribes. rather than condemn their lawful actions, we should rather follow the cases and make them pursue it ti a logical conclusion. people were demonstrating at d EFCC's office that mrs jonathan should be prosecuted.thats the way to go.why? before the ellites settle it and obtain backdoor judgements. the masses become the loosers and victimswhen they sweep it under d carpet. now judicial commission has written the president and the arrested judges issue is not among what do you think is happening? they are negotiating a soft landing for themselves and others who the DSS will come for. we are the ones that must not keep fighting ourselves by condemning every effort of any govt. and be torn along ethnic,religousand party lines. APC and PDP are dsame. we are d ones that must seize the opportunity to bring the change that we want, which may not be the type of change that they campaigned about. by the way; no judge standing trial has the moral capacity to sit over any case. so it is automatic suspension.

What is wrong with you? you start a rebuttal by insulting the guy. Why? Can you not carry out a civil discourse like a mature person?
Na wa for you o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 12, 2016
Distraction.
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by arisanate(m): 4:49pm On Oct 12, 2016
You are wise.. What the DSS is doing is the same thing as JUNGLE JUSTICE
ZanyABC:
NOW THAT THE CONTROVERSY REGARDING THE RECENT 'CRACKDOWN' ON JUDGES IS OVER: WHAT NEXT?
If you have money, you can really take advantage of government in this country. There is too much noise; too much sentiments and little 'intelligent conversation'. At the end of day, everything is swept under the carpet.
Notwithstanding where each of us stood regarding the last saturday's crackdown on judges, I am sure EVERY Nigerian now worries about how to get the judges convicted, if truly they are gulty.
NOW imagine what people are talking about! Let's even assume that the arrest of the judges meets the standard of law, are we going to get them convicted with all these conversation people are having?
What conversations am I talking about? DSS has been releasing 'evidence' against the judges and here are some of them: a list of 'monies' recovered from judges' bedrooms; the fact that a Rolls Royce was found in a judge's compound, the fact that a judge has 15 cars, the fact that a judge has several properties...etc
You call these ones evidence of corruption? DSS must be joking.
In which part of the law is keeping money at home a crime? Even if you keep N200 billion in your house, that in itself is not corruption. It does not take a brilliant lawyer few days to come up with some explanations for you.
In which section of the law is owing a Rolls Royce a crime? There are a thousand and one legitinate ways to own a Rolls Royce. Could be a birthday gift from your daughter's man. Could be proceeds of business. If DSS finds 1000 Rolls Royce in a person's house, that is not proof of corruption. Even if you own all the houses in Nigeria, that is not a crime. We should stop asking people to come and explain how they got XYZ amount of money! That is the easiest way to lose a corruption case.
If this is what you guys did forJames Ibori, Stella Odua, Joshua Dariye, and others, I am not surprised these guys were not convicted. Little wonder all corruption cases don't end up in conviction. If anyone goes to court with peripheral information such as these, no judge will grant a conviction.
The proceed of corruption can be used to buy a bicycle or nothing; and that does change the fact that it is corruption. The proceeds of corruption may have been spent patapata. Meaning even if DSS found no money in the judge's houses, that does not affect a case of corruption in any significant way.
The real evidence we need are evidence of people who paid brides to the judge; the evidence of a go-between; Audio and video record of the process from negotiations to dropping of the cash to the judge. Fundamentally inciminating evidence from the judge call logs to go-betweens, and several other evidence. So far I am yet to see 5% of the evidence needed to establish corruption.
Let's stop talking about Rolls Royce or foreign currencies. That is not how to prove corruption. These are evidence that gives DSS a reasonable suspicion to effect arrest and carry out investigation; that is not the evidence to prove corruption.
I hope this will help our excitement. We always get too excited about weightless information like this. What has happened to Stella Odua, Fayose, Allynson Madueke and many others with all the figures that were put in the media. Gbenga Daniel nko? How about Dimeji Bankole? Assuming Jonathan spared them, why hasn't Buhari convicted any of them?
When the Federal Government sued Saraki and Ekweremadu for forgery, I remember stating it on this platform on my Wall that the evidence are not sufficient. Now the case has been withdrawn. A person can benefit from forgery without being guilty of it.
Guys we are too learned to allow security agencies to confuse us. Let DSS produce the real evidence.
NOW IS MY POSITION:
Let's ask DSS for the real evidence. Even if they are not producing it to the press, let them demonstrate that they have it.
- A judge travelled to Ghana or Niger to collect bribe!
-Who told them?
-Any video or audio to that effect?
-Whose bribe did the judge go there to collect?
-Any statement by the person who gave him the bribe?
-How must is the bribe collected?
-For what purpose was it collected?
-Is it about a case?
-Who are the parties to the case?
-Have you interviewed them?
By asking these questions instead of getting so excited about the foreign corrency especially and the Rolls Royce, we will help DSS a great deal.
2. Secondly let's advise DSS to go back to NJC. They should present their allegations to NJC. It is better if the affected judges are suspended or removed while they are facing prosecution. Otherwise a Supreme Court judge will leave the dock in the morning and sit to hear a case in the afternoon. That is not too good. That is why it is always better to have a judge face disciplinary action even if it is suspension before their prosecution.
I hope this changes our conversation a little
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by Victorblaze14(m): 4:56pm On Oct 12, 2016
mazifrankmore:
Then what's the reason for their arrest?

Useless DSS.

ADVICE for buhari blinded fans
Don't be so uneducated or ignorant
That you voted him in does not mean when he is wrong you can't criticize him
Tell me pls how many people is in jail since this fight against corruption none because they are just subjected to media trial (because in the court of law you have to prove your evidence beyond reasonable doubt before one is convicted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 12, 2016
ZanyABC:
NOW THAT THE CONTROVERSY REGARDING THE RECENT 'CRACKDOWN' ON JUDGES IS OVER: WHAT NEXT?
If you have money, you can really take advantage of government in this country. There is too much noise; too much sentiments and little 'intelligent conversation'. At the end of day, everything is swept under the carpet.
Notwithstanding where each of us stood regarding the last saturday's crackdown on judges, I am sure EVERY Nigerian now worries about how to get the judges convicted, if truly they are gulty.
NOW imagine what people are talking about! Let's even assume that the arrest of the judges meets the standard of law, are we going to get them convicted with all these conversation people are having?
What conversations am I talking about? DSS has been releasing 'evidence' against the judges and here are some of them: a list of 'monies' recovered from judges' bedrooms; the fact that a Rolls Royce was found in a judge's compound, the fact that a judge has 15 cars, the fact that a judge has several properties...etc
In which part of the law is keeping money at home a crime? Even if you keep N200 billion in your house, that in itself is not corruption. It does not take a brilliant lawyer few days to come up with some explanations for you.
In which section of the law is owing a Rolls Royce a crime? There are a thousand and one legitinate ways to own a Rolls Royce. Could be a birthday gift from your daughter's man. Could be proceeds of business. If DSS finds 1000 Rolls Royce in a person's house, that is not proof of corruption. Even if you own all the houses in Nigeria, that is not a crime. We should stop asking people to come and explain how they got XYZ amount of money! That is the easiest way to lose a corruption case.
If this is what you guys did forJames Ibori, Stella Odua, Joshua Dariye, and others, I am not surprised these guys were not convicted. Little wonder all corruption cases don't end up in conviction. If anyone goes to court with peripheral information such as these, no judge will grant a conviction.
The proceed of corruption can be used to buy a bicycle or nothing; and that does change the fact that it is corruption. The proceeds of corruption may have been spent patapata. Meaning even if DSS found no money in the judge's houses, that does not affect a case of corruption in any significant way.
The real evidence we need are evidence of people who paid brides to the judge; the evidence of a go-between; Audio and video record of the process from negotiations to dropping of the cash to the judge. Fundamentally inciminating evidence from the judge call logs to go-betweens, and several other evidence. So far I am yet to see 5% of the evidence needed to establish corruption.
Let's stop talking about Rolls Royce or foreign currencies. That is not how to prove corruption. These are evidence that gives DSS a reasonable suspicion to effect arrest and carry out investigation; that is not the evidence to prove corruption.
I hope this will help our excitement. We always get too excited about weightless information like this. What has happened to Stella Odua, Fayose, Allynson Madueke and many others with all the figures that were put in the media. Gbenga Daniel nko? How about Dimeji Bankole? Assuming Jonathan spared them, why hasn't Buhari convicted any of them?
When the Federal Government sued Saraki and Ekweremadu for forgery, I remember stating it on this platform on my Wall that the evidence are not sufficient. Now the case has been withdrawn. A person can benefit from forgery without being guilty of it.
Guys we are too learned to allow security agencies to confuse us. Let DSS produce the real evidence.
NOW IS MY POSITION:
Let's ask DSS for the real evidence. Even if they are not producing it to the press, let them demonstrate that they have it.
-Who told them?
-Is it about a case?
By asking these questions instead of getting so excited about the foreign corrency especially and the Rolls Royce, we will help DSS a great deal.
2. Secondly let's advise DSS to go back to NJC. They should present their allegations to NJC. It is better if the affected judges are suspended or removed while they are facing prosecution. Otherwise a Supreme Court judge will leave the dock in the morning and sit to hear a case in the afternoon. That is not too good. That is why it is always better to have a judge face disciplinary action even if it is suspension before their prosecution.

Thank you. Please keep educating and enlightening them.
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by Bimpe29: 5:03pm On Oct 12, 2016
Let it not to be swept under the carpet.
Let the Judges be judged accordingly.
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by caracas: 5:06pm On Oct 12, 2016
mazifrankmore:
Then what's the reason for their arrest?

Useless DSS.
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by FakoMaybach1: 5:06pm On Oct 12, 2016
ZanyABC:
NOW IS MY POSITION:
-Who told them?
-Is it about a case?

I want to give you a new name "Socrates cum Aristotle"...you are a Philosopher your brain dey work steady...in fact take one Baby-oku i don pay
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by bettercreature(m): 5:12pm On Oct 12, 2016
I knew NJC will never allow FG to prosecute those corrupt officials
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by czaratwork: 5:17pm On Oct 12, 2016
check trentonline news on CJN berates BUHARI AND SEE THE REASON. ALL THESE HOGWASH HAS POLITICAL UNDERTONE. NIGERIANS ARE IN TROUBLE.
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by czaratwork: 5:22pm On Oct 12, 2016
THEY ARE BEING VICTIMIZED FOR NOT GIVING APC AKWA IBOM AND RIVERS STATE. CHECK TRENTONLINE NEWS. BUHARI HAS JUST BEEN INFORMED OF WHAT DAURA AND AMAECHI IS DOING BY THE CJN.

ALL THESE THINGS ARE DRAMA. PLEASE TAKE THEM SERIOUS WHEN THE ARREST APC PEOPLE FOR CORRUPT CHARGES.

I DONT BELONG TO ANY PARTY BUT I HATE INJUSTICE. I ALSO HAVE NOT ABSOLVED THE JUDGES FROM BRIBE TAKING.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 12, 2016
Now is the time for the Judges to sue these DSS idiots and claim damages in Trillions.
The count charges would be numerous.
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by everozone: 5:28pm On Oct 12, 2016
DSS has no case against the judges.
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by Blue3k(m): 5:30pm On Oct 12, 2016
Gabbysky:
Now is the time for the Judges to sue these DSS idiots and claim damages in Trillions.

If this new is true Buhari's war is over. He's embarrassed himself beyond all belief. His press team better get ahead of this in few hours to confirm or deny the reports. An explanation should be demanded for all this drama.

The judges will need to sue. I wonder what black mail they have on Buhari anyway.

1 Like

Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by PassingShot(m): 5:30pm On Oct 12, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
Modath passingshot hungerbad come and see how this government disgraces you daily
You guys are just too empty to engage.
Just fyi, "indefinitely" means without no date yet. That is, the arraignment could be next week, next month or even tomorrow; but no one knows when exactly it will be.
Again, your low level of education won't let you think of the possible reasons for this development. Could it be that NJC has reached a deal with FG to appropriately deal with the judges involved rather than allow the govt ridicule the Judiciary as an institution?

Many of you guys are just below the mark.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by Blue3k(m): 5:34pm On Oct 12, 2016
PassingShot:

Just fyi, "indefinitely" means without no date yet. That is, the arraignment could be next week, next month or even tomorrow; but no one knows when exactly it will be.
Again, your low level of education won't let you think of the possible reasons for this development. Could it be that NJC has reached a deal with FG to appropriately deal with the judges involved rather than allow the govt ridicule the Judiciary as an institution?

Indefinitely: for an unlimited or unspecified period of time.

It could also mean forever.

1 Like

Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by PassingShot(m): 5:36pm On Oct 12, 2016
Blue3k:

Indefinitely: for an unlimited or unspecified period of time.

It could also mean forever.
And it could be tomorrow. So, why the jubilation?

SSMH for una.
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by antieverything(m): 5:38pm On Oct 12, 2016
the funny thing is dat we all know they are corrupt
but no proof
#imournnigeria
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by ndcide(m): 5:42pm On Oct 12, 2016
My own issue is that
-one small bottle of red oil is 500 naira today from 200 naira
-one small bottle of vegetable oil is now 500 naira from 200 naira
-one paint container of garri is now 750 naira from 300 naira
- one paint container of rice is now 1700 naira flat

These are the prices I bought these items today at Ajah market Lagos.

Please ladies and gentlemen, these are the most important issues for me. Not these media corruption thing

Please HungerBad ooohh!!!
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by SeniorElder(m): 5:45pm On Oct 12, 2016
[quote author=PassingShot post=50143251]

[U still get mouth to talk abi?
Cuntinu]
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by oglalasioux(m): 5:46pm On Oct 12, 2016
I knew this was coming. The approach was very wrong no matter the good intentions.
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by kings09(m): 5:54pm On Oct 12, 2016
Cc efilefun, sarrki, photoshoot n d rest of d educated zombies. I said it dat evrytin is nt gra gra. Buhari lacks d tact n wisdom to fight dis monster called corruption
woodcook:
This administration is the most confussed in the history of Nigeria politics.
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by Krismart(m): 5:54pm On Oct 12, 2016
Week in week out they keep creating diversions just to cover their incompetence. APC is a scam. Nigeria is dead
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by kings09(m): 5:56pm On Oct 12, 2016
Like madridguy, photoshoot, seunmsg, hungerbad, ngeneukwenu, efilefun n related losers
rad1cal2:

It is the worst admin ever, powered by sophisticated zombies.
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by drss(m): 6:01pm On Oct 12, 2016
Gabbysky:
u just took my words. at least N2 trillion damages will do.
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by prudentkolly(m): 6:03pm On Oct 12, 2016
sublimes:
A News Flash from Sahara Reporters https://twitter.com/SaharaReporters/status/786190881963384832
give us details not flash news
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 12, 2016
PassingShot:

Please, what are you saying?
Didn't we read that Corrupt Judges would be arrainged next week by DSS? Is next week same as indefinitely?
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by xklucvG: 6:13pm On Oct 12, 2016
Liability:
We yoruba muslims are sorry for voting in buhari
Its okay Yoruba muslims, your sins have been forgiven.
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by Omeokachie: 6:16pm On Oct 12, 2016
Shebi dem say Buhari no dey fear ni?

Distraction from their no solution to economic issues. The gullible continues to be decieved.

Buhari has got nothing to offer this country.
Re: Arraignment Of Judges Put Off Indefinitely by easysunny(m): 6:18pm On Oct 12, 2016
This one too has entered one chance. It's now a routine that every month we will hear all these media propaganda in the name of fighting corruption. Since inception of this government no single month will pass without all these media bohaha. It's now becoming clear that it's a ploy to divert citizens attention to economic realities that face us as a country. We the helpless citizens will be bombarding ourselves with accusations and the so called leaders will be laughing. And guess who benefit from this? The media & communication companies are the ones benefiting from these propaganda.
Black man will never change. It's a pity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: Peter Obi Speaks On Being Atiku’s Running Mate - Read Details / RRS Compensates Officers For Patrolling Till Dawn Over Fallen Truck (photos) / Suspended Igwe MacAnthony Okonkwo Apologizes To Obiano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.