Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

How Do I Market A Mobile App In Africa. Im An African Based In The USA - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Market A Mobile App In Africa. Im An African Based In The USA (674 Views)

Keystone Bank Introduces ‘Cheque Deposit’ In Mobile App In Nigeria / How Did I Market My Imported Goods Wholesale / Cpa Marketing Pays Me $1000 Daily. This How I Market It. Free Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Market A Mobile App In Africa. Im An African Based In The USA by igniteconsults: 7:42pm On Oct 12, 2016
Building a mobile app, first of its kind by an African based in the USA. It will be on the iOS platform first then on Android. Wish to target the African market and need first hand information on how best to market the App. I'm based in the USA and will be featured soon on Huffington Post, Blomberg and CNN Africa. Please need constructive advise
Re: How Do I Market A Mobile App In Africa. Im An African Based In The USA by TomorrowToday: 8:19pm On Oct 12, 2016
Cost effective means should be running targeted ads on Facebook, Twitter, other popular social media platforms and other popular local blogs in your target/take off country.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Market A Mobile App In Africa. Im An African Based In The USA by igniteconsults: 8:32pm On Oct 12, 2016
But what do you think the budget will be like. What blogs would you suggest apart from Nairaland. Trying to contact nairaland ad dept but no response.
Re: How Do I Market A Mobile App In Africa. Im An African Based In The USA by Zdoh(m): 9:19pm On Oct 12, 2016
Lindaikeji and bellanaija are also popular blog taking it to the whole Africa will required facebook ad and twitter.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Market A Mobile App In Africa. Im An African Based In The USA by igniteconsults: 9:49pm On Oct 12, 2016
Thanks for that.... Please any other person know other options.... Like i said, its the first of it kind by an African and your suggestions will go a long way in making this get to the hand of millions.
Re: How Do I Market A Mobile App In Africa. Im An African Based In The USA by imohchard(m): 10:46am On Oct 13, 2016
What type of app? Game? Utility? Business optimizer? Etc.. That would determine an effective approach. Don't just pump money into ads just yet. When it comes to ROI on ads in Nigeria and Africa as a whole, it's a very different approach from what is obtainable elsewhere.. So first, what type of app would it be. Who are your target audience and demographics.
Re: How Do I Market A Mobile App In Africa. Im An African Based In The USA by igniteconsults: 2:48pm On Oct 13, 2016
The target audience are basically professionals and business start-ups. Its an app that will interact with these cadre. Let me give an hint out, on that platform, if you have any great idea, you will be able to do crowd-funding for your idea's', ability to IM, do voice/and video calls on that platform, this is just an hint on what the app can do.

Its been registered with the Security and Exchange Commission here in the USA and we've been given the licence to run it as a crowd-funding (i.e. have in mind that the crowd-funding is just one of the functions). When it comes to monetizing the app, i'm not so crazy about that as i'll love to delay my gratification and allow people to benefit more from it. We are in the final stage now and should be rolling it out in Jan/ Feb 2017.

I'm an Analyst, a husband and a Christian. I know there are bunch of people out there that can help push this vision into a reality. I'm not asking for too much from you guys but just to help share the word and push the message across. Thanks and your comments/ suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Follow us on Instagram @zuluc_app. Don't forget share, like and create the awareness.
Re: How Do I Market A Mobile App In Africa. Im An African Based In The USA by goke4all(m): 3:03pm On Oct 13, 2016
Good idea, I am a BA in a financial house, also an enterprenuer. I think your approach should be to work with an institution that already have this your targeted audience, e.g Lagos Business School, Enterprise Development Center, they train professional and start-up. If you can pitch your idea with them and get buy-in of some professional that will be nice. I hope the app will have the ability to review start-up proposal and advise investor on viability. you can contact me on ayforlau@yahoo.com.
Re: How Do I Market A Mobile App In Africa. Im An African Based In The USA by igniteconsults: 3:13pm On Oct 13, 2016
Great idea. Unfortunately it won't. The back-end process only do some validation of whatever has been submitted in the UI. Its very interesting and this solely came out of years of my personal experience. So excited about this and hoping for my people (African) to embrace this concept as this will really help millions of people with great mind and insight.

I know what it meant to be a black professional or start-up. And i develop this mobile app out of the struggles and pain i went through. Catch a glimpse of what i'm talking about by following us on instagram @zuluc_app
Re: How Do I Market A Mobile App In Africa. Im An African Based In The USA by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 13, 2016
What do you mean by you are an african? or are you a white illiterate that thinks africa is a country
Re: How Do I Market A Mobile App In Africa. Im An African Based In The USA by igniteconsults: 3:36pm On Oct 13, 2016
@Badyear thanks for your comment and what I meant was that "I am an African (Black)", and not trying to demean anyone. I know folks who are South Africa, Liberia, Nigeria etc, on this platform.

Not here to throw tantrums at anyone, but i'll advise you to always read stuff vevry well before commenting. Thanks for your contributions and i pray one day your name turn from @Badyear to @goodyear. Have a great day and God bless
Re: How Do I Market A Mobile App In Africa. Im An African Based In The USA by ECBDigital: 2:56pm On Mar 23, 2021
Although, I'm curious why you think Africa is your target market. You might have to check this https://charlesadetola.com/12-low-budget-marketing-strategies-to-promote-your-app-in-africa/

(1) (Reply)

How To Produced Polythene Product (nylon) / HELP: This Guys Wants To Send Me Back To Villa / Tbc For Sale #1000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.