Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,014 members, 7,825,184 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs (33226 Views)

Naira To Trade At 386/$ As CBN Resumes Forex Sale To BDCs / CBN Suspends New Cashless Policy / CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To Bdcs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by Adesiji77: 11:00pm On Oct 12, 2016
Abbeyme:
What now happens to the inflow dollars with these 19 banks??

Good question...
Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by Horlufemi(m): 11:06pm On Oct 12, 2016
GogetterMD:
Is that why GTB all of a sudden exchanges 1 dollar to 450 naira?

What shocked. It was 410.8 some days ago.
Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by 989900: 11:07pm On Oct 12, 2016
Abbeyme:
What now happens to the inflow dollars with these 19 banks??

It depends; the banks were the ones actually sabotaging the CBN's effort by not selling to BDCs as directed by the CBN ($50K/week) from diaspora inflow. The banks were racketeering the inflow -- they even collected deposits from the BDCs without making up on their end of the deal.

Meanwhile, the CBN is barely supporting the FMDQ at the moment, while them oil companies basically just supply oil importers.

I 'think' what the CBN would/should do next is to funnel those funds through Travelex (that way they can probably move from $15K/BDC/week to higher) and First bank too.

4 Likes

Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by maestro299: 11:11pm On Oct 12, 2016
What is the economic blueprint for dis govt sef? Too much reactive policies and no proactive ones.

1 Like

Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by bosschinalu(m): 11:17pm On Oct 12, 2016
wristbangle:
It's the right measure because banks are not complying to CBN forex standards. Imagine hoarding dollars and selling at ridiculous price to BDC and manufacturers. These crooks are lazy bastards who wants to become dangote over night.

The only demerit now is since dollars will not be available for BDC, hope naira will not devalue to 1000 naira per dollars sad

TRAVELEX WILL SELL TO THE 3000 REGISTERD BDC

1 Like

Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by hardbody: 11:39pm On Oct 12, 2016
Einl:
FirstBank is Nigeria's most concrete and stable bank...

First bank is a parallel CBN. Should the bank sneeze, CBN win definitely catch cold. They inter borrow

1 Like

Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by Peterwins(m): 11:48pm On Oct 12, 2016
The CBN cannot feign ignorance about their complicity in the on-going super round-tripping by creating multiple exchange rates and numerous fronts as BDC operators. The fact is that this suspension (if true) will be lifted again as soon as they make another kill by the inadvertent depreciation of the naira by this suspension. They are playing high frequency forex trading with all their deliberate policy flip-flops. It's all in the best interest of a few. The "CBN is now the new NNPC".

2 Likes

Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by Seun(m): 12:00am On Oct 13, 2016
sigh. i don't even.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by deflover(m): 12:41am On Oct 13, 2016
hmmmm things about to get nasty......yesterday I got some good deal on exchange
I need to make more from Fx trading
blood money na real money as Fx done turn my juju
Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by freetowns: 1:39am On Oct 13, 2016
Useless first Bank charging 465 to a dollar. This banks are going crazy I swear
Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by goldedprince: 1:48am On Oct 13, 2016
Good news . I see naira hitting 1000 soon
Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by princejayboss: 2:15am On Oct 13, 2016
God could this be true? ... Make i send my 200k usd as soon as 1usd hit 500nira

1 Like

Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by ExInferis(m): 4:12am On Oct 13, 2016
Truth234:
There is more to this CBN directive. They can't just restricts 19 banks from selling to BDCs.

They just did.
Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by GogetterMD(m): 5:19am On Oct 13, 2016
Horlufemi:

What shocked. It was 410.8 some days ago.
Na so I see am for abokifx.com
Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by onatisi(m): 5:23am On Oct 13, 2016
989900:

It depends; the banks were the ones actually sabotaging the CBN's effort by not selling to BDCs as directed by the CBN ($50K/week) from diaspora inflow. The banks were racketeering the inflow -- they even collected deposits from the BDCs without making up on their end of the deal.
Meanwhile, the CBN is barely supporting the FMDQ at the moment, while them oil companies basically just supply oil importers.
I 'think' what the CBN would/should do next is to funnel those funds through Travelex (that way they can probably move from $15K/BDC/week to higher) and First bank too.
But if banks sell their bdc to the bdc,what will they have left to fulfill their own FX obligations to their customers'

1 Like

Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by coolgeorge: 5:26am On Oct 13, 2016
Does this mean the 19 banks are stopped from receiving international dollar transfer?
Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by Einl(m): 5:38am On Oct 13, 2016
hardbody:

First bank is a parallel CBN. Should the bank sneeze, CBN win definitely catch cold. They inter borrow

Hahahahahahahah. I like that.
Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by 989900: 5:48am On Oct 13, 2016
onatisi:

But if banks sell their bdc to the bdc,what will they have left to fulfill their own FX obligations to their customers'

$50k/week/ * 3,000 BDCs was the directive, and the banks even had the BDCs fund their accounts for several weeks to get it, but got nothing.

The trio of the CBN, Banks, and BDCs wouldn't have agreed if it was impossible. That would have been total $600m every month out of the projected $2.9b/month of diaspora inflow for 2016.

Then the banks still get some $ from the FMDQ.

Many similarly large countries in Asia and Latin America fund a good chunk of their Forex needs mainly from diaspora inflow.

If you take out speculators, hoarders, racketeers, and other general saboteurs, the dollar shouldn't be more than N250 at worst case scenario, given fall in oil prices and production, reduced FDIs, and the fact that we import refined fuel.

I checked our total inflow vs total outflow for some few months, and you wonder why we should ever be in this situation.

1 Like

Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by dannywest01: 5:49am On Oct 13, 2016
It is this stupid CBN that is killing the naira. Now that they have banned those banks now the next thing you will see on front page is naira crashes against the dollar. Or naira hits #700 to a dollar. Lord safe this country
Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by Miles300: 5:50am On Oct 13, 2016
500 loading with this suspension.
Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by wristbangle: 6:01am On Oct 13, 2016
bosschinalu:

TRAVELEX WILL SELL TO THE 3000 REGISTERD BDC

Okay. Good

1 Like

Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by nobeku: 6:14am On Oct 13, 2016
ammyluv2002:
God na your Hand i dey o
Where were you before?Toddler...
Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by just2endowed: 6:15am On Oct 13, 2016
deflover:
hmmmm things about to get nasty......yesterday I got some good deal on exchange
I need to make more from Fx trading
blood money na real money as Fx done turn my juju

Mr bro need this blood money too. Ready to learn
Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by columbus007(m): 6:16am On Oct 13, 2016
I have been longing to hear good News can't I just have one undecided
Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by sanusidabo: 6:23am On Oct 13, 2016
CBN is a failed institution that can't do it simple function. May Allah help Nigeria
Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by Bluffly: 6:23am On Oct 13, 2016
Sincerely speaking, are we even meant to have BDC rates? Our currency actual value is determimed at BDC and this is wrong. If everyone is sincere, firec rate can't be as high as it is.
Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by mfm04622: 6:33am On Oct 13, 2016
hahn:
Is this going to create a scarcity of FX? undecided

No. Because other banks apart from First Bank were not selling to BDC in the first place

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 13, 2016
If the CBN is not stupid, why will they ban Nigerians from collecting their money transfer in dollar pounds or euro so they can sell it to BDC cos of their better rates? After banning people from collecting their transfer in hard currency, you now want the bank who have possession of the hard currency to sell it to BDC, their competitor. Foolish people.
Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 13, 2016
hahn:
Is this going to create a scarcity of FX? undecided
No! Travelex is already on board to sell forex to the bdcs at 356 while the bdcs will sell at 358/360 max. Travelex is up to the task. It's branches are all over the world. Our banks are our worst enemies. They obviously cornered the proceeds to themselves to favour their associates. Those directors need to be sacked just like the cbn did to skye bank. Sanctioning those banks isn't enough. This will make them sit tight .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by onatisi(m): 7:11am On Oct 13, 2016
awelekiti:
No! Travelex is already on board to sell forex to the bdcs at 356 while the bdcs will sell at 358/360 max. Travelex is up to the task. It's branches are all over the world. Our banks are our worst enemies. They obviously cornered the proceeds to themselves to favour their associates. Those directors need to be sacked just like the cbn did to skye bank. Sanctioning those banks isn't enough. This will make them sit tight .
Bros it seems that you are forgetting the fact that FX demand isn't just about travelers only. What about importers and manufacturers that need to purchase raw materials ?travelex can't satisfy the demand or fill in the banks gap. Dont be surprised In the next few weeks when travelex starts giving complains,this travelex thing I believe is the wrong approach.
Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by pat1612(m): 7:24am On Oct 13, 2016
Again a wrong decision but cbn is expected to make one see naira getting skyrocketed next two days. And when you were not ready to monitor why you allowed them to sell.one day u wake up and say bank are not following procedure.but arent you seeing it when it was happening and rather than removing all why u dint start with couple of them so that other bank would have learn leasson and stop their practice.

my view. angry
Re: CBN Suspends 19 Banks From Forex Sale To BDCs by justi4jesu(f): 7:34am On Oct 13, 2016
Einl:
FirstBank is Nigeria's most concrete and stable bank...

Yet to see that. angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures From "Made-in-akwa-ibom Products Exhibition In Uyo" / My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. / Mohammed Indimi Didn't Donate $14Million To Lynn University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.