Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,775 members, 7,955,963 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:52 PM

FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers (18539 Views)

NIA DG, Ahmed Rufai, A Misfit, National Security Threat - NIA Directors / ICPC Recovers 40 Cars From Ex-Directors Of Federal Ministry Of Water Resources(p / Osinbajo Appoints Three New FAAN Directors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers by Laredojohn(m): 4:53am On Oct 13, 2016
About 21 senior officials of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria were on Wednesday sacked in a major shake-up.

Those affected, including directors, general managers and deputy general managers, were reportedly handed their termination of appointment letters.

Sources at the head office of FAAN in Lagos told our correspondent that no fewer than 10 general managers were reportedly demoted. They were said to have earlier been improperly promoted.

It was learnt from an official of the Ministry of Aviation that the sacking was the first batch of the shake-up planned by the government to reposition FAAN.

Stakeholders said the Federal Government had been concerned about certain issues at FAAN such as the engagement of about 40 general managers, the creation of many directorates that brought about duplication of duties and raised the authority’s monthly overhead to an estimated N800m.

Sources said the government planned to reduce the number of workers by way of restructuring in order to cushion the effects of the current economic crisis.

Some of the general managers were said not to have the requisite qualifications for the sensitive positions they held, as many of them, including deputy general managers, had reportedly left the university about 10 years ago and could not have qualified for the office they held.

Almost all the directors were said to have been affected, while an acting director of finance was said to have been demoted to Grade Level 10 and redeployed to the Department of Information Communications and Technology.

Many of the affected officers were moved from Grade Levels 17 and 16 down to 10, 12 and 14.

Some of the demoted workers were said to have received their letters, authorising them to report to their superiors, who were their subordinates before the exercise.

Meanwhile, new directors of finance and accounts, as well as commercial and business development, have been appointed.

The Federal Government is also reportedly planning to reduce the number of directorates in the aviation agencies as part of the restructuring exercise.

This, it was learnt, would affect the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority and the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency.

The restructuring at the airports is said to be the fallout of a panel’s report headed by the Head of Service, Mrs. Winifred Oyo-Ita, which recommended the need for a proper placement in FAAN.

The NAMA may get a new managing director before December as its acting Managing Director, Emmanuel Anasi, is expected to proceed on terminal leave by the end of the year.

Meanwhile, the House of Representatives Committee on Aviation has said it will hold a public hearing with stakeholders to discuss the proposed concession of some airport terminals by the Federal Government.

The Chairman of the committee, Nkeiruka Onyejeocha, stated this in Lagos during the oversight visit by the committee members to the aviation agencies on Wednesday.

He said the public hearing would give stakeholders the opportunity to make their input.

Onyejeocha said, “I do not believe in the concession of the four major airports that we have because I know those four airports are funding the other 18 international airports. And of course, you have to look at the issue of workers and the Nigerian people as a whole.

“We are going to conduct a public hearing where we will take all the issues together; where we will be able to ask Nigerians and of course the key players in the aviation industry, including the workers, and even journalists, to tell us what they think.”

The 18-member delegation said it was in Lagos to see how the sector was faring amid the current economic recession.

Onyejeocha expressed disappointment at the slow pace of work at the new international terminal being constructed by the Chinese Civil Engineering Construction Company.

According to her, with the current pace of work, the project may not be delivered by December as projected.

“We have three other terminals that we are hopeful will be delivered by December; so what it simply means is that Lagos is lagging behind and we will take it seriously,” she said.

The committee also visited the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority, where the regulatory body was asked to do everything necessary to keep domestic carriers in business.

http://punchng.com/fg-fires-20-faan-directors-managers/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers by modath(f): 4:57am On Oct 13, 2016
The restructuring at the airports is said to be the fallout of a panel’s report headed by the Head of Service, Mrs. Winifred Oyo-Ita, which recommended the need for a proper placement in FAAN.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers by krasican(m): 5:03am On Oct 13, 2016
Stakeholders said the Federal Government had been concerned about certain issues at FAAN such as the engagement of about 40 general managers, the creation of many directorates that brought about duplication of duties and raised the authority’s monthly overhead to an estimated N800m.

13 Likes

Re: FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers by Blue3k(m): 5:03am On Oct 13, 2016
Hopefully this well improve Nigeria's abysmal Airports. 80 percent of Airport have no jet bridges. Waiting areas are tiny. Our politicians travel all over world but hardly comeback inspired.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers by FakoMaybach1: 5:03am On Oct 13, 2016
i am here to check names...bring out a list lets see who and who are affected...i wont bring up any conpiracy theory that it will be mostly south-easterners and south westerners

i know promotions in the civil service is badly skewed, but Buhari has not done enough to convince me that his clean-up does not have ethnic, religious or political bias

I WANT TO CHECK NAMES

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers by FakoMaybach1: 5:07am On Oct 13, 2016
Blue3k:
Hopefully this well improve Nigeria's abysmal Airports. 80 percent of Airport have no jet bridges. Waiting areas are tiny. Our politicians travel all over world but hardly comeback inspired.
true my brother...if you see singapore or malaysia's airport you go agree say ours na glorified ABC bus-park
But the sacking and reshuffling of FAAN how will it improve operations cus to me it seems its just a political compensation drive

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers by recievesense: 5:14am On Oct 13, 2016
Lol
FakoMaybach1:

true my brother...if you see singapore or malaysia's airport you go agree say ours na glorified ABC bus-park
But the sacking and reshuffling of FAAN how will it improve operations cus to me it seems its just a political compensation drive
Re: FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers by Wizzyblack3(m): 5:48am On Oct 13, 2016
Everybody hear say them sack some ppl now o,,,, shey no be the one wey dem go silently replace them with some cows from north. Padi Padi dem.

4 Likes

Re: FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:52am On Oct 13, 2016
Cool reduce the wage bills of redundant parastatals

I'm just "Obsavin" PMB economic policies

1 Like

Re: FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers by Aufbauh(m): 5:56am On Oct 13, 2016
So disappointed cry
I rushed in to help my brothers check the "admission list" but discovered it is not available.
Re: FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers by stinggy(m): 5:57am On Oct 13, 2016
FakoMaybach1:
i am here to check names...bring out a list lets see who and who are affected...i wont bring up any conpiracy theory that it will be mostly south-easterners and south westerners

i know promotions in the civil service is badly skewed, but Buhari has not done enough to convince me that his clean-up does not have ethnic, religious or political bias

I WANT TO CHECK NAMES
But really do you think Buhari is so jobless as to go through every Director, Deputy Director, Ass. Director's profile to know his/her religion, tribe or eye colour (lol)?
Just asking...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers by Benjom(m): 6:00am On Oct 13, 2016
Hmn... back to the labour market.
Re: FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers by Cessa0(f): 6:11am On Oct 13, 2016
May God nevr let us witness any form of demotion in our lives

Imagine Oga go kum dey report to im juniors... ah ahn!... someone he probably employed! haa!! no ooo

2 Likes

Re: FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers by Tunami(m): 6:18am On Oct 13, 2016
Hmm,even the government is also sacking. No where is safe again.
Re: FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers by Progressive01(m): 6:51am On Oct 13, 2016
Talking about issues surrounding members of the house committee on aviation and their oversight of the ministry's parastatals:
A member of the committee, Garba
Mohammed Gololo
from Bauchi made the
appeal to Usman on behalf of other
committee members, suggesting that their
inclusion would enable them to know the
nitty-gritty of the industry. Gololo was one
of the house of reps members accusing of
soliciting for sex during a visit to the US.

Immediately he dropped the microphone, a
colleague of his in the committee, Victor
Nwokolo,
provided support, saying that at
least two members of the committee should
be selected in the first phase of the training.

At the Nigerian Airspace Management
Agency (NAMA), Ms. Onyejeocha also
implored the management of the agency to
incorporate some of its members in training
in order to further improve their knowledge
of the industry.
Now you see this. When these thieving bandits wanna get their scruffy fingers into the cookie jar, they do so with absolutely no care for their ethnic, regional or religious identities- their unity is NEVER in doubt!

But when it comes to choosing our leaders, they waste no time in reminding us how Usman should never be seen on the same planet with Emeka or how a Christian is seen by all Muslims as arne for which reason we must never have anything to do with them, or how the Northerners want all Southerners dead and vice versa!!

This is the reason my signature says what it says. There are some people particularly fond of doing this in this country. Everything that happens to any one of them, they claim is for reason of their tribe!!

One of theirs is questioned for tax evasion, they claim it is because of her tribe.

The other is sacked and replaced just as every other person, they claim it was because of her tribe.

One was being tried in court just like his boss, he dons their native attire to appeal to their emotions, they fell flat for it and claimed he was being tried because of his tribe!!!

Couple of days ago, someone was arrested for taking bribes and having huge amounts of cash in hard currency at home and they claimed he was arrested because he granted judgement in favour of their tribe!!

Etc.

May the curse of a thousand years befall all those who keep taking advantage of our religious or ethnic diversity to promote their selfish political ideologies. angry

The system MUST be cleansed lest it consumes us all.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 13, 2016
OK, Noticed
Re: FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers by Pidggin(f): 6:53am On Oct 13, 2016
More job losses in a dying economy, smh

1 Like

Re: FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers by BossKratos: 7:08am On Oct 13, 2016
Chai! See ending?

shocked
Re: FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers by PassingShot(m): 7:16am On Oct 13, 2016
[s]
Pidggin:
More job losses in a dying economy, smh
[/s]
NA BY FORCE TO COMMENT?

1 Like

Re: FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers by JingoOAU(m): 7:19am On Oct 13, 2016
A graduate with Bsc employed into FAAN and directly placed on level 12 instead of 8....you can only get this in the aviation indurstry

FAAN stinks of monumental corruption and lawlessness. I think it's better the government privatise the airports so that workers would be tasked on efficiency

Corruption everywhere

5 Likes

Re: FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers by Mujaheeeden: 7:31am On Oct 13, 2016
Progressive01:
Talking about issues surrounding members of the house committee on aviation and their oversight of the ministry's parastatals:
Now you see this. When these thieving bandits wanna get their scruffy fingers into the cookie jar, they do so with absolutely no care for their ethnic, regional or religious identities- their unity is NEVER in doubt!

But when it comes to choosing our leaders, they waste no time in reminding us how Usman should never be seen on the same planet with Emeka or how a Christian is seen by all Muslims as arne for which reason we must never have anything to do with them, or how the Northerners want all Southerners dead and vice versa!!

This is the reason my signature says what it says. There are some people particularly fond of doing this in this country. Everything that happens to any one of them, they claim is for reason of their tribe!!

One of theirs is questioned for tax evasion, they claim it is because of her tribe.

The other is sacked and replaced just as every other person, they claim it was because of her tribe.

One was being tried in court just like his boss, he dons their native attire to appeal to their emotions, they fell flat for it and claimed he was being tried because of his tribe!!!

Couple of days ago, someone was arrested for taking bribes and having huge amounts of cash in hard currency at home and they claimed he was arrested because he granted judgement in favour of their tribe!!

Etc.

May the curse of a thousand years befall all those who keep taking advantage of our religious or ethnic diversity to promote their selfish political ideologies. angry

The system MUST be cleansed lest it consumes us all.
How does what you just typed correlate with the topic

Na so d thing dey start

6 Likes

Re: FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers by richidinho(m): 8:09am On Oct 13, 2016
grin
Re: FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers by misscall247: 8:10am On Oct 13, 2016
Change
Re: FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers by Icecomrade: 8:11am On Oct 13, 2016
Buhari comes into power

Firing in the name of restructuring.

Sai Baba, sack all the corrupt people

Zombies chanting by the sideline

Yet Nigeria is near collapse

3 Likes

Re: FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers by Dcaliphate(m): 8:12am On Oct 13, 2016
Faan Yoghurt, that's why i came here o
Re: FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers by martineverest(m): 8:13am On Oct 13, 2016
long overdue....i noticed the huge level of irregularities when i did my IT under FAAN

2 Likes

Re: FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers by Dcaliphate(m): 8:13am On Oct 13, 2016
If not for the sack, this one ^^^ wouldn't have noticed anything o

1 Like

Re: FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers by kings09(m): 8:13am On Oct 13, 2016
Hope it's for the improvement of our airports. No be say we go come later hear say they r bn replaced wit northerners.
Re: FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers by Obagoblog(m): 8:15am On Oct 13, 2016
nice move.. They should be sacked and demoted.

Important Notice
Samsung has stopped the sales of there Samsung Note 7. If you've bought one, you can return it and get a refund.

http://www.obagoblog.com/2016/10/samsung-halt-sales-of-samsung-note-7.html
Re: FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers by Chuknovski(m): 8:15am On Oct 13, 2016
He would soon replace them with Fulani herdsmen

3 Likes

Re: FG Fires 20 FAAN Directors, Managers by DeltaOil: 8:16am On Oct 13, 2016
replace them with northerners, next!

thats all buhari is about.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari At The 4th Africa-arab Summit In Malabo (Photos) / Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu Secret Burial In Italy / Davido Endorses PDP Candidate Asue Ighodalo In Edo Governorship Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.