Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Nigeria Used Honda EOD (03-05) Vs Civic (06/07/08) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nigeria Used Honda EOD (03-05) Vs Civic (06/07/08) (3119 Views)

Why Are Used Honda EOD Sold For Cheap Price? / Volvo S60 N Honda Eod / What Are The Differences Between 03/05 And 06/07 Honda Accord? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Used Honda EOD (03-05) Vs Civic (06/07/08) by whyniel: 8:46am On Oct 13, 2016
Dear Car Gurus,

I've decided to go with the Honda family and at the crossroad again on which to go for between the two mentioned types.

Your kind opinion and advice is needed.
Re: Nigeria Used Honda EOD (03-05) Vs Civic (06/07/08) by nurey(m): 12:07pm On Oct 13, 2016
Both vehicles are ok

If picking the EOD choose the 2005 model. The 2003 model year was plagued with transmission failure.

If you are concerned with extreme cheap fuel economy choose the civic. If you want more room pick the Accord.

The Accord parts may be cheaper than the civic due to year you are going for. But that particular year civic has been exempted from the shoki leg pull syndrome

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Used Honda EOD (03-05) Vs Civic (06/07/08) by whyniel: 12:59pm On Oct 13, 2016
nurey:
Both vehicles are ok

If picking the EOD choose the 2005 model. The 2003 model year was plagued with transmission failure.

If you are concerned with extreme cheap fuel economy choose the civic. If you want more room pick the Accord.

The Accord parts may be cheaper than the civic due to year you are going for. But that particular year civic has been exempted from the shoki leg pull syndrome

Gracias.
Re: Nigeria Used Honda EOD (03-05) Vs Civic (06/07/08) by whyniel: 10:44pm On Oct 13, 2016
I'm open to more advise and opinions please
Re: Nigeria Used Honda EOD (03-05) Vs Civic (06/07/08) by whyniel: 8:23am On Oct 15, 2016
Good morning Gazzuzz and Adanny01, kindly help this novice me make a reasonable decision.
Re: Nigeria Used Honda EOD (03-05) Vs Civic (06/07/08) by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 15, 2016
Where is the picture
Re: Nigeria Used Honda EOD (03-05) Vs Civic (06/07/08) by whyniel: 9:46am On Oct 15, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Where is the picture

Planning to own not selling.
Re: Nigeria Used Honda EOD (03-05) Vs Civic (06/07/08) by siobh: 1:11pm On Oct 15, 2016
Buy civic please.
Youll thank me later.
No worries about ball joint or steering outer ends.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Accords bleeps you up when you least expect.
Re: Nigeria Used Honda EOD (03-05) Vs Civic (06/07/08) by whyniel: 2:01pm On Oct 15, 2016
siobh:
Buy civic please.
Youll thank me later.

Many thanks.
Re: Nigeria Used Honda EOD (03-05) Vs Civic (06/07/08) by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 15, 2016
siobh:
Buy civic please.
Youll thank me later.
hmm? What? Why should he listen2 you What do you know anyway tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Used Honda EOD (03-05) Vs Civic (06/07/08) by iyisco2001(m): 12:25pm On Oct 16, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
hmm? What? Why should he listen2 you What do you know anyway tongue
Still him grin
I have driven the two and civic is sweet and more stylish.
I haven never seen a civic towed before or leg pulled out like a chicken brutally murdered. No serious suspension warning
Fuel economy is sweet.
Re: Nigeria Used Honda EOD (03-05) Vs Civic (06/07/08) by johnny2013(m): 2:04pm On Oct 16, 2016
I have been driving my tokumbo 2000 model civic since 2013 and I have not visited any mechanic till now except change of oil
Civic is nice but I still have eyes for the 05 EOD because of that space. Go with your mind.
Re: Nigeria Used Honda EOD (03-05) Vs Civic (06/07/08) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 16, 2016
iyisco2001:

Still him grin
I have driven the two and civic is sweet and more stylish.
I haven never seen a civic towed before or leg pulled out like a chicken brutally murdered. No serious suspension warning
Fuel economy is sweet.
grin that's a funny way to vouch for the quality of a car
And er.. I'm a she
Re: Nigeria Used Honda EOD (03-05) Vs Civic (06/07/08) by adanny01(m): 9:18pm On Oct 16, 2016
whyniel:
Dear Car Gurus,

I've decided to go with the Honda family and at the crossroad again on which to go for between the two mentioned types.

Your kind opinion and advice is needed.

I was faced with the same options.

It depends on your need and driving style. If you need more power and weight for high speeding, Accord will do better. If you need fuel efficiency, Civic is the way to to.
note that a lot of people are under estimating, civic for its 1.8L engine, that engine can compete with accord in terms of acceleration but when it comes to stability on high speeds, as usual with smaller cars, it wont be comfortable.

Dont be scared that accord has transmission problems, that is actually baseless. Just make sure you ATF is at the crrect level, and nothing other than Dexron III, Honda Z1 ATF or Honda DW1 ATF. Any thing other than these will knock your trans. Also make sure that you never replace ATF or Inner CVT joint (inner cup) when gear is very hot.

For the stereotype leg pulling, i encourage you to buy genuine OEM ball joints, upper arms and tie rod ends. Buy direct belgium if OEM is not affordable. Those new chinko ones are the ones you see failing..

In general, know your faults before going to a mechanic or let the mechanic logically convince you of the repairs you need before letting him do it. Any mechanic who wont tell you specifics will do 'try your luck'.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Used Honda EOD (03-05) Vs Civic (06/07/08) by whyniel: 10:25pm On Oct 16, 2016
adanny01:

It depends on your need and driving style. If you need more power and weight for high speeding, Accord will do better. If you need fuel efficiency, Civic is the way to to.
note that a lot of people are under estimating, civic for its 1.8L engine, that engine can compete with accord in terms of acceleration but when it comes to stability on high speeds, as usual with smaller cars, it wont be comfortable.

Dont be scared that accord has transmission problems, that is actually baseless. Just make sure you ATF is at the crrect level, and nothing other than Dexron III, Honda Z1 ATF or Honda DW1 ATF. Any thing other than these will knock your trans. Also make sure that you never replace ATF or Inner CVT joint (inner cup) when gear is very hot.

For the stereotype leg pulling, i encourage you to buy genuine OEM ball joints, upper arms and tie rod ends. Buy direct belgium if OEM is not affordable. Those new chinko ones are the ones you see failing..

In general, know your faults before going to a mechanic or let the mechanic logically convince you of the repairs you need before letting him do it. Any mechanic who wont tell you specifics will do 'try your luck'.

Wow. This is very detailed. Many thanks Sir.
Re: Nigeria Used Honda EOD (03-05) Vs Civic (06/07/08) by seyiojomu(m): 8:36am On Oct 23, 2016
You are wise jare

adanny01:

Re: Nigeria Used Honda EOD (03-05) Vs Civic (06/07/08) by baaliyah(m): 2:08pm On Oct 23, 2016
johnny2013:
I have been driving my tokumbo 2000 model civic since 2013 and I have not visited any mechanic till now except change of oil
Civic is nice but I still have eyes for the 05 EOD because of that space. Go with your mind.

@ johnny, u are still rocking ur civic. I can't let go of my 98. Awesome smallie.

(1) (Reply)

Car Parked On Top Of A Roof Of A House In Ibadan (photo) / Innoson FOX Design, Features & Specs- Interior And Exterior Pictures / What Are The Causes Of Engine Oil Shortages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.