Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,664 members, 7,837,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

My Business Meeting Experience With A Lady In Restaurant! - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / My Business Meeting Experience With A Lady In Restaurant! (638 Views)

15-Year-Old Boy Marries 22-Year-Old Lady In Abia State (Photos) / Nigerian Man Weds USA Lady In Akwa Ibom(photos) / Yoruba Man Weds Oyinbo Lady In US, Oyinbo People Rock African Attire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Business Meeting Experience With A Lady In Restaurant! by ariesbull: 8:54am On Oct 13, 2016
As a business rule there are some certain things that we should always follow and be mindful of during our first Business meetings and as the saying goes ” you don’t have the second time to make a first impression.” Business meetings isn’t a social meeting nor a date! This is a concept that most ladies do not understand.

Well, I keep asking myself what really happened to the women liberation and what a man can do and a woman can do better crooners. Well, I am not saying that all Nigerian ladies are leaning on men for support but the mentality of the majority of our women over the act act of dependency should be overhauled.
Well, I think that is my personal opinion. I am always coming in contact with a lot of business meetings.

Today, what I encountered was a shocker and it has promoted me to start asking questions over our mentality towards business meeting especially the women folks . I had a bitter but funny experience with a lady today and believe me, the memory will linger on like a nightmare.
For introductions , I am an employee of Fan Milk Nigeria Plc, one of my major job functions is to create Exclusive Agents in an assigned territory, a duty my boss is always on my neck to perform. And I enjoy my job because it available me the opportunity to engage, interact and formalise myself with different set if people across board.

Well, this morning, I received a call from a lady who informed me that she would like to become an Exclusive Agent something akin to a franchise . We agreed to meet at a fast food or quick restaurant. Having outrageous targets that must achieved before the end of the month, this I am used to anyway ,I just couldn’t wait to meet her, discuss the terms and conditions of the agreement and also collect her documents so we could commence business. So I can be said to be anticipatory and enthusiastic over this meeting.

So I headed to the venue of our business meeting and I arrived at the restaurant. Waited for like eternity. That should have been a sign but after I gave her a call this was 30 minutes later , she showed up , apologising and blaming it on the traffic. Well, we always blame it on the traffic. Mr.Traffic has no capacity to defend himself so I let it slide but took a mental note of it.

We started discussing the whole processes and procedures. As a gentle individual (even God knows I’m not gentle) trying to win the heart a customer, I asked her “Madam what can I offer you.” She replied “Don’t worry, I will buy some take-away.” I started thinking…”This is a business meeting o, it’s not a date, what has take-away got to do with this?” I replied “No problem ma.” (No problem ke).

After the meeting, we approached the service attendants and she made her order. “Please give me fried rice-double portion, 3 snails, 2 Moi Moi and 2 beef. I got angry but pretended…”Madam I don’t think what I currently have in my pocket can carter for what you are buying. She replied”what do you mean? I’m taking Chivita too o.” I decided to pay (I needed a customer right?), she saw the money with me then she asked “Please can I get pies for my sister’s kids?” Can you imagine, do I look like a mother Theresa or maybe a father Christmas and UN refugee commission on a mission to Southern Sudan or some war torn African country ! This is just madness and absolutely ridiculous!
I was angry! I couldn’t pretend anymore. I literary lost it,my sanity and my debonair as a perfect gentleman,that is if there is anything like man chivalry down here in a mad city like Lagos. In. a nutshell , the demon inside of me unleashed itself without even asking for my own permission!

Forget English Gentlemanly acts, it was time for some madness. I’m not proud to write this but it went like ” Se eya were ni?” “Ebi n pa idile yin”? “Kilo fa oriburuku na?” “Oni ra nu niyin o”. Believe me, I created a scene. I refused to pay and as I was about to leave, the security guard rushed towards me “Oga dem don serve the food o, you must pay.” I replied “If I slap your face, you see food for my hand abi?” “That girl go wash plate today for this restaurant!”
I left the restaurant, satisfied that I didn’t pay a dime! I started thinking and at the same time laughing hard as I was walking away “No be customer be this one o, olosho ni o!” I got many calls from different unknown numbers but refused to pick any of them. I’m not stingy but even if you were a genuine customer, there is always a limit to everything!
This got me thinking , why should people abuse privilege and opportunities. In a country that is trying to get out of recession ,business ethics must be followed and not sounding desperate.....

READ MORE

https://etimesafrica./2016/10/11/my-business-meeting-experience-with-a-lady-in-restaurant/

1 Like

Re: My Business Meeting Experience With A Lady In Restaurant! by nickxtra(m): 9:05am On Oct 13, 2016
I swear, you are must have shown her a different body language, which made her to act the way she did
Re: My Business Meeting Experience With A Lady In Restaurant! by olaglamour(f): 9:25am On Oct 13, 2016
sad
Re: My Business Meeting Experience With A Lady In Restaurant! by sholatech(m): 11:16am On Oct 13, 2016
That is not a potential client for you. She is looking for husband or sugar Daddy!
Re: My Business Meeting Experience With A Lady In Restaurant! by Miladi(f): 7:46pm On Oct 14, 2016
Experience has shown me that this world we live in is made up of 99 percent of opportunists and only 1 percent of altruists.

On the flipside, making use of opportunity is different from being an opportunist; while the former is morally good, the latter is evil.

Meanwhile, opportunists are of two different types: (1) predators and (2) leeches. @OP, you met a leech. She was lucky, because if she had met a predator (you could even be one but for the sake and safety of your job you respected yourself ), he would have probably intentionally fall for her shenanigans (which would make her assumed an illusory smart lady) and later teach her a bitter lesson in the nearest future.

Her kind of attitude as you narrated here was the sole reason the whites were able to colonized our ancestors. Leeching opportunists would always lose to predacious opportunists.

Meanwhile, opportunists who are of the manipulative characteristic will always lose to altruists who are of the diplomatic characteristic. As the saying goes manipulators lose credibility; diplomats gain it.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

See This Man Kissing A Lady On Facebook / Closed / When The Grand Patron Of The Awode Family Clocked 80 (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.