Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,886 members, 7,828,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Giving Tithe To Rich Church Or Giving To The Poor? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Giving Tithe To Rich Church Or Giving To The Poor? (418 Views)

Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Giving Tithe To Rich Church Or Giving To The Poor? by dashing123: 11:51am On Oct 13, 2016
Malachi 3:10King James Version (KJV)    

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

We all know what Malachi says,  but these days we see churches where the pastors are richer than 90% of the congregation, they own private jets,  very expensive universities,  primary and secondary schools and all sorts of luxury cars. I ask my self what's the point of paying tithes to these church? Isn't it better off to use that money(Tithe) and help the needy and less privileged instead of giving them to the church.

"that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith"

The quote above is actually the point of giving tithes and that part is already in abundance in some churches that are wealthy. I feel since that part is done,  I see no need giving to rich church, helping the poor will be a much better thing to do.

Intelligent comments pls.  Thanks
Re: Giving Tithe To Rich Church Or Giving To The Poor? by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 13, 2016
Strange
Re: Giving Tithe To Rich Church Or Giving To The Poor? by dashing123: 1:10pm On Oct 13, 2016
Perfectdanny:
Strange

Hmm undecided

(1) (Reply)

You Are Not Condemned / Prayer Without Obedience / We Now Know That Slavery Is Wrong, But How Come God Didn't?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.