Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,100 members, 7,835,705 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 (2501 Views)

2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun / Ultimate Warriors of Niger Delta Emerges, Demands 60% Oil Bloc / Niger-Delta Avengers Threaten Atiku, Danjuma, Lukman, Other Oil Bloc Owners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by Stricker321: 2:23pm On Oct 13, 2016
Come 2019, Yorubas should vote in bloc for an Igbo presidential candidate.

The SE/SS will also vote for this candidate.

The hausa/fulani will all queue up behind their Buhari as usual.

This will lead to a stalemate and the resolution of this will determine the future of Nigeria.

This is the surest way to solidify unity the south and pass a clear message to the caliphate.

Peace!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by PassingShot(m): 2:26pm On Oct 13, 2016
OK sir.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by omonnakoda: 2:29pm On Oct 13, 2016
HahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaha

HahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaha

That's a good one

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by Bobandgreat: 2:34pm On Oct 13, 2016
Children of hate will not agree.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by omonnakoda: 2:37pm On Oct 13, 2016

Igbo President...........

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by olapluto(m): 2:37pm On Oct 13, 2016
Name that Igbo politician or likely candidates and their merits. If they deserve to be voted for, Nigerians will vote for them. We are more rational than you think.

10 Likes

Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by CSTR2: 2:39pm On Oct 13, 2016
That is the probably the only way to start anything that resembles southern unity.
A Yoruba presidential candidate will never be accepted by the South as a test-run project for southern unity, and the fulanis up north will always checkmate you. cheesy
And Buhari himself is nothing close to world-class or ideal, so finding someone better in igboland shouldn't be that much of a big deal deal.

7 Likes

Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by CSTR2: 2:46pm On Oct 13, 2016
olapluto:
Name that Igbo politician or likely candidates and their merits. If they deserve to be voted for, Nigerians will vote for them. We are more rational than you think.
I don't think Nigeria has any world class presidential candidate that I know of, but in terms of being better than buhari I think they are quite available.
Peter Obi- Vey efficient and Lean govt, frugal with emphasis on Maximizing generated Resource, and with a Good Economic Sense.
Willie Obiano- Still watching Him, but he Seem to have a good head on his shoulders when it comes to utilizing resources, progressive ideas. and citizen welfare. Anambra state has increased salaries to workers even in the midst of recession, with increase in IGR.
Sullivan Chime- A bit sickly last I heard, but he is decent with respect to Nigerin standard. Enugu's best governor till date and probably the reason why the state is one of Nigeria's most habitable places.
The above candidates just need a decent Vice president and you get an infinitely better pair than what you currently have.

8 Likes

Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by Armaggedon: 2:49pm On Oct 13, 2016
Did the Igbos tell you they are looking for presidency?

Continue to make presidency your standard of success. Continue fighting for presidency since that is what you guys are living for but make sure you remove Igbos in your delusion.

For your small mind this is how the ethnic groups will continue to engage shamelessly in the cutthroat struggle for power while sane countries are advancing in every sphere of development.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by youngest85(m): 2:51pm On Oct 13, 2016
RIP English
Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by omonnakoda: 2:51pm On Oct 13, 2016
Stricker321:
Come 2019, Yorubas should vote in block for an Igbo presidential candidate.(OF BIAFRA )

The SE/SS will also vote for this candidate.

The hausa/fulani will all queue up behind their Buhari as well.

This will lead to a stalemate and the resolution of this will determine the future of Nigeria.

This is the surest way to solidify the south and pass a clear message to the caliphate.

Peace!

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by CSTR2: 2:51pm On Oct 13, 2016
Other Honourable Mentions from the SS include Pat Utomi, Henry Boyo, Donald Duke.
Men, maybe not world class, but infinitely suited for the presidency than Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by babyfaceafrica: 3:02pm On Oct 13, 2016
hmmm
Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by kamalcole3000: 3:06pm On Oct 13, 2016
If the whole South can que behind someone like Donald Duke and we carry North Central along,the Hausa Fulani will be in for a long thing.

The question is can the South East and South West bury their differences and work together for once.

Time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by devilson(m): 3:12pm On Oct 13, 2016
I have no problem with a s.east president,in fact I support it 100%.
s.east can present Peter obi,willie obianno,Charles soludo,or Donald duke from the s.south.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by omohayek: 3:14pm On Oct 13, 2016
This is ridiculous. Why should people of any ethnic origin vote for any candidate based on nothing more than his or her ethnic roots? Do you think being able to govern well is determined primarily by where your parents come from?

Instead of all this nonsense about "Yorubas/Igbos/Northerners should" this, that or the other, why not talk about what the various candidates stand for, and how well they've been able to keep their promises in the past? I would rather vote for a candidate who said the right things about deregulation, privatization, lowering the cost of business and attracting foreign investment, even if he/she comes from the moon, than for some useless thief who happens to come from "SS/SW/SE" even if we share the same father. Give me a northerner in the mold of Nuhu Ribadu any day over a Bode George or a TA Orji!

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by devilson(m): 3:17pm On Oct 13, 2016
s.east can present Peter obi,willie obianno,Charles soludo,or Donald duke from the s.south.

but will s.west nd s.east work together,both tribe are just selfish,full of ego nd meaningless pride,they should be representing the minority tribe in the s.south instead they are fighting themself cause of mistake of dead past leaders

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by devilson(m): 3:18pm On Oct 13, 2016

but will s.west nd s.east work together,both tribe are just selfish,full of ego nd meaningless pride,they should be representing the minority tribe in the s.south instead they are fighting themself cause of mistake of dead past leaders

God bless south Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by wiseoneking: 3:27pm On Oct 13, 2016
kamalcole3000:
If the whole South can que behind someone like Donald Duke and we carry North Central along,the Hausa Fulani will be in for a long thing.

The question is can the South East and South West bury their differences and work together for once.

Time will tell.
Are from the moon? SE/SS are ever together but in political, cultural and economic matters. One thing they strickly have in common that you will never deny is their hatred for anything APC.
Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by NIGHTMAREOO7: 3:29pm On Oct 13, 2016
B
Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by olapluto(m): 3:32pm On Oct 13, 2016
CSTR2:
I don't think Nigeria has any world class presidential candidate that I know of, but in terms of being better than buhari I think they are quite available.
Peter Obi- Vey efficient and Lean govt, frugal with emphasis on Maximizing generated Resource, and with a Good Economic Sense.
Willie Obiano- Still watching Him, but he Seem to have a good head on his shoulders when it comes to utilizing resources, progressive ideas. and citizen welfare. Anambra state has increased salaries to workers even in the midst of recession, with increase in IGR.
Sullivan Chime- A bit sickly last I heard, but he is decent with respect to Nigerin standard. Enugu's best governor till date and probably the reason why the state is one of Nigeria's most habitable places.
The above candidates just need a decent Vice president and you get an infinitely better pair than what you currently have.
fa fa fa foul.
None of these will have my vote!
Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by CSTR2: 3:33pm On Oct 13, 2016
olapluto:

fa fa fa foul.
None of these will have my vote!
That is your problem, doesn't change the current reality.
And from your post history and ideological view on politics, I am not surprised.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by Goke7: 3:36pm On Oct 13, 2016
is biafra no longer an option any more? I think this is what my SE peeps prefer nah

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by muykem: 3:42pm On Oct 13, 2016
How Yoruba will vote for the President of republic of Biafra?

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by OJUcrook: 3:45pm On Oct 13, 2016
Nnamdi Kanu will be turning in his grave right now grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by ElsonMorali: 3:46pm On Oct 13, 2016
Sorry. Not going to happen in a billion years. Whoever we shall vote for shall have to merit it and not because his parents hail from a part of the country.

Let's stop being silly for once.

Other democracies vote in people because of their capability some sorry dudes are coming to canvas for votes for a region.

Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by CSTR2: 3:55pm On Oct 13, 2016
ElsonMorali:
Sorry. Not going to happen in a billion years. Whoever we shall vote for shall have to merit it and not because his parents hail from a part of the country.

Let's stop being silly for once.

Other democracies vote in people because of their capability some sorry dudes are coming to canvas for votes for a region.

Nonsense.
Nigerian politics is already tribalized. You need a fresh start to start something more progressive. And to only way to get a fresh start is when stakeholders are satisfied and have trust in a system.
A yoruba candidate can never get the support of the south for now even if he/she is the best candidate? Why? The need for Justice and fair play.
And the only bloc that can create a progressive electoral system that would influence the rest of the country is the south for obvious reasons.
The north will not do that for you.
So there need to be political equilibrium in the south before anything happens.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by omonla555: 3:58pm On Oct 13, 2016
Who is that credible IPOB?

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by seunmsg(m): 4:24pm On Oct 13, 2016
CSTR2:

I won't mind voting for Rochas Okorocha.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by RockHard: 4:27pm On Oct 13, 2016
Funny OP. Make una put foward the candidate first then we can decide. But then again, even igbos won't give an igbo candidate bloc votes. Yorubas decide elections coz we are swing voters. Everyone knows where igbos will swing from early in the game while Yorubas keep everyone guessing, that is why we are the the perennial determinants and kingmakers. cool
Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by IGBOPRINCE: 4:29pm On Oct 13, 2016
seunmsg:

I won't mind voting for Rochas Okorocha.
we the children of biafran don't want him .

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by ElsonMorali: 4:33pm On Oct 13, 2016
CSTR2:
Nigerian politics is already tribalized. You need a fresh start to start something more progressive. And to only way to get a fresh start is when stakeholders are satisfied and have trust in a system.
A yoruba candidate can never get the support of the south for now even if he/she is the best candidate? Why? The need for Justice and fair play.
And the only bloc that can create a progressive electoral system that would influence the rest of the country is the south for obvious reasons.
The north will not do that for you.
So there need to be political equilibrium in the south before anything happens.

While I agree with some of your assertions, I believe the main thrust of our energy as youths should be channelled into getting Nigeria to practice true fiscal federalism.

Decentralized power. Give more autonomy to regions, states and local governments. Let us determine our own future.

Let each region grow at it's own pace.

That is more achievable and a better objective than trying to unite Southern Nigeria. A pipe dream if you ask me. The ghost of biafra civil war is very much active.

Instead of canvassing votes for somebody because of his region

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shiites To Join 2baba Protest / Memo Written By The Coordinator Of The PG College Of ABU That Got People Talking / Throw Back Pictures Of Femi Fani Kayode With The Hausa Fulani He Now Despises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.