Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,961 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:52 PM

Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 (2512 Views)

2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun / Ultimate Warriors of Niger Delta Emerges, Demands 60% Oil Bloc / Niger-Delta Avengers Threaten Atiku, Danjuma, Lukman, Other Oil Bloc Owners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by CSTR2: 4:37pm On Oct 13, 2016
seunmsg:

I won't mind voting for Rochas Okorocha.
Definitely not my better choice. If you want the status quo to continue, then vote for okorocha.
He is a de-traibalized Nigerian anyway who would certainly play well with the currently established powers.
What I have in mind though is a departure from the norm.
Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by ElsonMorali: 4:38pm On Oct 13, 2016
Here's what happens when you vote somebody just to spite a region or because he is from another region, he feels entitled. Like he deserves it. Then we end up having another Jonathan on our hands.

This is the time to put pressure on the FG to start devolving power to the lower tiers of government, state and local.

The country is too big to be run like this. That's why nothing gets done and only a tiny drop filters to the grassroots.

Too much attention at the center. Make the center less attractive and you'll see a healthy competition among states and regions.

Telling us to vote for this person because he is from this region is cave mentality really.

We should evolve from that please.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by seunmsg(m): 4:39pm On Oct 13, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
we the children of biafran don't want him .

Sorry then, no deal.
Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by CSTR2: 4:41pm On Oct 13, 2016
ElsonMorali:

While I agree with some of your assertions, I believe the main thrust of our energy as youths should be channelled into getting Nigeria to practice true fiscal federalism.

Decentralized power. Give more autonomy to regions, states and local governments. Let us determine our own future.

Let each region grow at it's own pace.

That is more achievable and a better objective than trying to unite Southern Nigeria. A pipe dream if you ask me. The ghost of biafra civil war is very much active.

Instead of canvassing votes for somebody because of his region
You need a progressive govt brought forth by a progressive system to birth progressive ideas.
True federalism is a progressive idea, your president and his fans does not want to hear about it.
And how do you change the status quo? By changing the game. And you can only change the game on the altar of justice and fair-play.
Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 13, 2016
Osita Chidoka comes to mind, i love that man but in all we need a good leader from any part of the country who will deliver.
Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by koladebrainiac(m): 4:45pm On Oct 13, 2016
The only thing that can make that happen is if igbo can produce a serious charismatic leader.

Maybe Soludo but that guy talks too much these days.

Or Pat Utomi. I think he is an honorable man

Or any Technocrat with nice Resumimg
But all these liars in the person of Peter Obi
Roachas
Or Obiano cant do us any good.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by slimfit1(m): 4:47pm On Oct 13, 2016
devilson:
I have no problem with a s.east president,in fact I support it 100%.
s.east can present Peter obi,willie obianno,Charles soludo,or Donald duke from the s.south.

Only Obiano makes sense the rest are actors and liars.
Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by seunmsg(m): 4:49pm On Oct 13, 2016
CSTR2:

Definitely not my better choice. If you want the status quo to continue, then vote for okorocha.
He is a de-traibalized Nigerian anyway who would certainly play well with the currently established powers.
What I have in mind though is a departure from the norm.

There is nothing to suggest that obi, chime and Obiano are a departure from the past. In addition, they are not popular outside the SE. Only a candidate with a diverse base can rule can rule Nigeria successfully. I don't want a return to the Jonathan era.
Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by limeta(f): 4:51pm On Oct 13, 2016
This more like Aisha rice
Igbo,s want biafra not presidency of a lunatic country.
Free biafra is all they ask.
Afonja,s has always voted in block .
Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by CSTR2: 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2016
seunmsg:

There is nothing to suggest that obi, chime and Obiano are a departure from the past. In addition, they are not popular outside the SE. Only a candidate with a diverse base can rule can rule Nigeria successfully. I don't want a return to the Jonathan era.
They are not popular outside the east?
What makes them different from ambode or fashola, or ganduje, who have a strong ethnic base?.
If The likes of okorocha is what you term as popular then Nigerians are not serious with development yet.
If you want okorocha, then you will get okorocha but don't blame the east for a faulty product.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by Stricker321: 5:24pm On Oct 13, 2016
ElsonMorali:

While I agree with some of your assertions, I believe the main thrust of our energy as youths should be channelled into getting Nigeria to practice true fiscal federalism.

Decentralized power. Give more autonomy to regions, states and local governments. Let us determine our own future.

Let each region grow at it's own pace.

That is more achievable and a better objective than trying to unite Southern Nigeria. A pipe dream if you ask me. The ghost of biafra civil war is very much active.

Instead of canvassing votes for somebody because of his region

People like you are the major problem in the south.

Please take your 'sophistication' away from this thread.

Thanks in advance.

Tufiakwa.
Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by gidgiddy: 5:25pm On Oct 13, 2016
We Igbos are not interested in the presidency, other things have overtaken that.
Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by idu1(m): 5:50pm On Oct 13, 2016
U no want biafra again?
Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by ALISMILE(m): 6:08pm On Oct 13, 2016
Stricker321:
Come 2019, Yorubas should vote in bloc for an Igbo presidential candidate.

The SE/SS will also vote for this candidate.

The hausa/fulani will all queue up behind their Buhari as usual.

This will lead to a stalemate and the resolution of this will determine the future of Nigeria.

This is the surest way to solidify unity the south and pass a clear message to the caliphate.

Peace!
Why ibo? Why not any other tribe in the South or even any middle-beltan with a nice antecedent?
Must it be ibo?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by ycat: 6:11pm On Oct 13, 2016
I thought they already have Wike-Fayose?
Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by omonnakoda: 6:30pm On Oct 13, 2016
we must look at Edo,Ogoni,Urhobo and Ibibio President first.
Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by Yorobastard(m): 6:31pm On Oct 13, 2016
CSTR2:
Other Honourable Mentions from the SS include Pat Utomi, Henry Boyo, Donald Duke.
Men, maybe not world class, but infinitely suited for the presidency than Buhari.

Donald duke is definitely a better candidate and Peter obi is the worst person to choose....beside the Igbo's are no more interested in presidency in the country
Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by CSTR2: 8:26pm On Oct 13, 2016
ALISMILE:
Why ibo? Why not any other tribe in the South or even any middle-beltan with a nice antecedent?
Must it be ibo?
Yes, it must, for sustainable political equilibrium.
They are the only majority ethnic group not to produce a president yet. They have supported everybody else even at the expense of their own kin so you can't accuse them of being greedy and impatient.
Re: Yorubas Should Vote In Bloc For An Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2019 by 7lives: 9:40pm On Oct 13, 2016
devilson:
I have no problem with a s.east president,in fact I support it 100%.
s.east can present Peter obi,willie obianno,Charles soludo,or Donald duke from the s.south.

but will s.west nd s.east work together,both tribe are just selfish,full of ego nd meaningless pride,they should be representing the minority tribe in the s.south instead they are fighting themself cause of mistake of dead past leaders

Of course SW MUST vote in blocks for your candidate especially with the way you guys were vilifying and insulting Yoruba up and down as if na by force to vote your candidate.
2019 IS AROUND THE CORNER, JUST REMEMBER, YORUBA DID NOT HAVE ANY WRITTEN OR ORAL AGREEMENT WITH YOU GUYS grin grin grin grin JUST IN CASE YOU GUYS STILL DON'T MAKE IT, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR MISCALCULATIONS, WE ARE NOT RELATED, WE ARE NOT ONE AND WE CAN NEVER BE.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Signs That the Ibos Are Not Serious About Biafra / Popular Artiste Goes Through Surgery, Puts Horns On His Head (photos) / Jordan Donates 200 Armoured Fighting Vehicles To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.