Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,221 members, 7,953,823 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:21 AM

Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria (27386 Views)

Real Reasons Why Senate Moves Against Osinbajo / Cross River To Legalise Street Hawking / Senate Moves To Amend CCB, Administration Of Criminal Justice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria by Alexk2(m): 5:25pm On Oct 13, 2016
foladara777:

Datz d problem with our country... Assumptions and stereotypes without adequate information.
Lobbying is legitimate and even necessary. Of course, it has its drawbacks. In developed countries lobbying is an integral part of their law making process. In fact, most lawyers in Washington DC are lobbyists

In "developed countries" where corruption isn't endemic like ours and their leaders aren't as selfish.

I stand by what I said; they are only designing a new course for corruption.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria by richidinho(m): 5:26pm On Oct 13, 2016
Bollinger:

Meaning?

Lobby is done everywhere
Re: Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria by Alexk2(m): 5:29pm On Oct 13, 2016
richidinho:

Goggle it first bro!

You can do that for me... cool
Re: Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria by AntiWailer: 5:36pm On Oct 13, 2016
jmoore:

Na you say amen na. grin grin

I want the lightning to flog them first. grin

Amen once again grin grin

Chai u no dey hear word oo. Abeg no curse. grin grin
Re: Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 13, 2016
has the meaning of lobbying changed or am I missing something
Re: Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria by Alexk2(m): 5:38pm On Oct 13, 2016
hazyfm1:

Don't mind these corrupt Senators...

Very soon Dino will sponsor a bill for Woman Battery

If Dino greet me good evening right now, i'll pinch myself and check my watch just to be sure it's not a midnight dream

1 Like

Re: Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria by no1madman(m): 5:55pm On Oct 13, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
I give up
I gave up even before I was born. .
Re: Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria by Sirdayor(m): 6:14pm On Oct 13, 2016
This Dino and his cohort wont stop to amaze me. So out of all the problem we are facing in this country, that is what is most important to Dino.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria by CSTR2: 6:14pm On Oct 13, 2016
foladara777:

Datz d problem with our country... Assumptions and stereotypes without adequate information.
Lobbying is legitimate and even necessary. Of course, it has its drawbacks. In developed countries lobbying is an integral part of their law making process. In fact, most lawyers in Washington DC are lobbyists
Sorry, you don't know what you are asking for.
Lobbying in Nigeria would mean legalization of corruption and bribery. angry
A third world corrupt country has no business with special interest economic goups who are more or less economic vultures too sophisticated for the Nigerian regulatory agencies, not when the majority of the populace are under the common yoke of poverty and underdevelopment.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria by Uchenduin: 6:16pm On Oct 13, 2016
I know dt dis is d kind of bill dt T A orji is waiting for,a man dt wil sit in NASS,he wil nt talk bt only waitin for where looting wil come from.
USELESS MAN
Re: Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria by Kdon2: 6:22pm On Oct 13, 2016

1 Like

Re: Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 13, 2016
African leaders won't think of passing bills to encourage transparency in the award and procurement process when it comes to contracts,only think of their pockets. This country is cursed under the spell of corruption and I see us being this way for the next hundred years.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria by jossy1007: 6:27pm On Oct 13, 2016
Nigeria is finished ............... i think this country is practically meant for the rich people only sad sad shocked. the poor its a petty [color=#990000][/color] shocked

1 Like

Re: Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 13, 2016
May the thunder that killed tose 21 innocent cows visit these jokers
Re: Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 13, 2016
no1madman:

I gave up even before I was born. .
hahahahahahaha
Re: Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria by olureignforever: 7:33pm On Oct 13, 2016
This is legalizing the kworuption baba bubu said he's fighting. Na Wa for this country fa. I don't know wen they will legalize the Following

1. Start up capital for Graduate

2. Start up Capital for the less privileged.

3. Free Education for all at all levels of Educatio.

The leaders of this country sucks.

1 Like

Re: Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria by divineappo(m): 8:11pm On Oct 13, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Trash
what was ur reaction to the bill at the red chamber? dont come here and act like saint
Re: Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria by stevepee42(m): 8:26pm On Oct 13, 2016
This are so many documentary about this selfish interest called lobbying which some activist are fighting to get rid of in the western world, and we in Naija (politifians) are trying to embrace it..........sorry sorry oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria by shegsrules(m): 9:08pm On Oct 13, 2016
And one common sense senator always disturbing on radio and twitter has not voiced his common sense opinion on this to the public

1 Like

Re: Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria by Caleycash(m): 9:19pm On Oct 13, 2016
Lots of agencies/oraganisations to sign up as a bill, e.g peace corps, stupiid idiiots, but they prefer to sign criminal acts, wasted nation!!!
Re: Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria by gaskiyamagana: 9:46pm On Oct 13, 2016
Alexk2:
This is simply A bill to legalize bribery and Corruption by senator Dino Melaye and supported by bird fellows.

It will never stand in Jesus name.
In Allah 's name too.
Re: Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 13, 2016
michoim:
Are we using the tax payers money to pay NASS to invent/sponsor bills to take us backward?

The thing tire me cry, instead to legalise quality free education nation wide, they're just there working for their own interests cry
Re: Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria by Collins0609(m): 10:40pm On Oct 13, 2016
Its a good bill that should had been in force since and will help create job and enhance d strenght of international relation as a course of study in Nigeria.any doubter should watch d south korean movie LOBBYIST,it should not b limited to legislature alone but also to other multinationals and transnational companies.
Re: Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria by Emassive(m): 11:20pm On Oct 13, 2016
APC Change!
Re: Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria by lormarx: 12:17am On Oct 14, 2016

1 Like

Re: Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria by 19naia(m): 3:50am On Oct 14, 2016
Its another way of saying they are looking for other avenues to getting money since government coffers are tight now for their sticky fingers.

Lobbying means that any one from big money interests can come to senate to ask them for legislation or policy changes or additions. Big money people will come with business interests to profit using government policy to bend the market in their favor. There will be billions to be made and it is no doubt that senators will be looking for a share of the gains.
Lobbying is a dirty business in countries with a tight clamp on pilfering from Govt. coffers. Those who lobby senate with their wallets end up getting what they want and it delivers the country and laws into the hands of a very few mega wealthy people. In Nigeria, it will most likely be a very dirty business involving family and friends of senate mixed with big money business.

On the other hand, it also opens the door for the ordinary man to lobby senate whose ears will likely be plugged with money from big money business interests. I hope EFCC knows how to manage the chop-chop festival being connived out of this move.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:39am On Oct 14, 2016
Lobbying in a country where you don't know who's a citizen and who's not.

Maybe they want to focus on pertinent isssues before jumping into complicated ones like lobbying.

Dull country with criminally dull Senate Representatives.

1 Like

Re: Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:43am On Oct 14, 2016
Sirdayor:
This Dino and his cohort wont stop to amaze me. So out of all the problem we are facing in this country, that is what is most important to Dino.

He most likely just recently became familiar with the term on his last visit out here, it tickled his fancy and then he decided to export his new discovery to Africa.

What a cow!

1 Like

Re: Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:43am On Oct 14, 2016
amanze15:
we are trying to be like the West grin grin,

Start with electricity, good roads and water.
Re: Senate Moves To Legalise Lobbying In Nigeria by Idokosolomon(m): 10:29am On Oct 14, 2016
l can not believe this that a senator would move a motion for lobbying to be legalized in Nigeria. If this is done we have finished in this country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off / What's Timipriye Sylva Thinking?. / Remi Tinubu Visits Bayelsa, Donates ₦‎50 Million To Flood Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.