Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,110 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

**best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** (6697 Views)

Poll: what's your best epic/fantansy movie ever ?

Troy: 5% (1 vote)
Braveheart: 22% (4 votes)
Harry Potter series: 11% (2 votes)
LOTR series: 22% (4 votes)
Gladiator: 22% (4 votes)
Star Dust: 0% (0 votes)
Pirates of the Caribbean series: 5% (1 vote)
Underworld series: 0% (0 votes)
300: 11% (2 votes)
The last Samurai: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Which Nollywood Movie Ever Made You Cry? / Is There Any Other Epic fantasy Movie As Good As Merlin / What is Your Favorite Epic Fantasy Movie Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by iice(f): 1:32pm On Nov 02, 2009
Shola2009:

All hail Aragorn
king of Gondorrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

I bow for the guy ooo. Absolutely love him. I make sure to see him every month grin

Shola2009:

IMO,Kiera Knightly was an absolute waste of money.
Her character had absolutely no use or purpose.
she was lucky the writers didn't kill her character after the first movie.

Thank you jare.
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by maedan(f): 1:37pm On Nov 02, 2009
iice, wow shocked shocked. Now you're really beginning to scare me cheesy. Kiera Knightley was fantastic in the movie - at least in the first one. I love the women they use in these movies, especially The Mummy and Van Helsing. Without them there would be no element of reality in the fantasy flicks. That's why to me LOTR will always be a movie for children/children-at-heart because it hardly had any of that man-woman electricity to make it all worthwhile cheesy.

And Shola2009, it's ok, I think I understand you and iice better now. Video games were made for people like you cos all you two care about is the straightforward action, minus what you all feel is the bullsh*t that the women provide tongue grin.
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by Shola2009(m): 1:47pm On Nov 02, 2009
iice, wow Shocked Shocked. Now you're really beginning to scare me Cheesy. Kiera Knightley was fantastic in the movie - at least in the first one. I love the women they use in these movies, especially The Mummy and Van Helsing. Without them there would be no element of reality in the fantasy flicks. That's why to me LOTR will always be a movie for children/children-at-heart because it hardly had any of that man-woman electricity to make it all worthwhile
what bout arwen? liv tyler . she was aragorn's luv interest,but they didn't make a big deal out of that. She played her part and she kicked ass!!.
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by iice(f): 1:49pm On Nov 02, 2009
LOL LOTR is not a child's movie.  They wouldn't understand the movie.  There are too many levels to the movie, both subtle and obvious.  It connects with our world today and our world of times past.  It's not a straight forward action movie. . .It's about good and evil, life and death, honor and deceit, fear and courage.  There is more to life that just man/woman connection - it solely does not determine the reality of our world. There's nothing realistic about Twilight.  Fantasy is not supposed to have much of reality but LOTR does a damn fine job of doing it wink

Just as 300 completely escapes some people. . .i can see certain elements of reality (well of times past sad)in the movie.
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by maedan(f): 1:56pm On Nov 02, 2009
grin grin grin
You know what I meant about it being a children's movie - of course it wasn't made for kids per se, but with all the magic and special effects and monsters etc, it would be a movie that would appeal to many a child-like heart grin wink. But seriously the movie was good, it just didn't do it for me tongue.

And I guess I was right, left to you two, this thread will be all about LOTR. Maybe you should rename the thread: LOTR: The Greatest epic/Fantasy Movie Ever Made grin!!! LOL.
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by Shola2009(m): 2:03pm On Nov 02, 2009
LOL LOTR is not a child's movie. They wouldn't understand the movie. There are too many levels to the movie, both subtle and obvious. It connects with our world today and our world of times past. It's not a straight forward action movie. . .It's about good and evil, life and death, honor and deceit, fear and courage. There is more to life that just man/woman connection - it solely does not determine the reality of our world. There's nothing realistic about Twilight. Fantasy is not supposed to have much of reality but LOTR does a damn fine job of doing it Wink
i've got 2 words to say.
marry me! grin

Maedan,did you watch the first movie?The fellowship of the rings?
maybe,you're just confused,cause u don't understand the story.
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by iice(f): 2:09pm On Nov 02, 2009
maedan:

grin grin grin
You know what I meant about it being a children's movie - of course it wasn't made for kids per se, but with all the magic and special effects and monsters etc, it would be a movie that would appeal to many a child-like heart grin wink. But seriously the movie was good, it just didn't do it for me tongue.

And I guess I was right, left to you two, this thread will be all about LOTR. Maybe you should rename the thread: LOTR: The Greatest epic/Fantasy Movie Ever Made grin!!! LOL.

That's like saying, Pan's Labyrinth is for children. There is nothing childish about Pan's Labyrinth except for the child actress. Of course it doesn't do it for everyone. There is nothing child-like about honor or courage. . .and if it is, then i chose it. Beats the wimps we call people these days grin

Na, there are many great epics but when someone says LOTR is a child's movie (a movie that is one of the best movies to be every released - yes even if you don't think it is. . .the sheer scale of the movie alone attests to it's magnificence) you can understand, it gets our hackles up tongue
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by iice(f): 2:10pm On Nov 02, 2009
Shola2009:

i've got 2 words to say.
marry me! grin

Maedan,did you watch the first movie?The fellowship of the rings?
maybe,you're just confused,cause u don't understand the story.

LOL i'm married to Aragorn tongue
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by Shola2009(m): 2:11pm On Nov 02, 2009
^^
I have no complaints
a fine lad he is. grin
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by No2Atheism(m): 2:40pm On Nov 02, 2009
Shola2009:

a fine lad he is. grin

talking in the queens english grin grin grin grin hey
Re: **best Epic/fantasy Movie Ever!** by Shola2009(m): 3:50pm On Nov 02, 2009
grin
na so ooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yellow Fever Starring Nkem Owoh / Dominion: Fan Base / Tulip Producer Replies Genevieve Nnaji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.