Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,780 members, 7,837,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

NOBEL Prize:bob Dylan Wins 2016 Nobel Prize For Literature!! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / NOBEL Prize:bob Dylan Wins 2016 Nobel Prize For Literature!! (359 Views)

Meet Bob Actor 'Calypso King' Singer Who Dressed As A Woman Even Before Bobrisky / See Bob Risky's Racy Bikini Outfit,fans React;"what Are You Hiding?" / Country Musician Bob Dylan: "I Took An Oath" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NOBEL Prize:bob Dylan Wins 2016 Nobel Prize For Literature!! by lajoshua: 5:14pm On Oct 13, 2016
American singer-songwriter Bob Dylan has been announced as the winner of the 2016 Nobel Prize in Literature ,he was awarded the Noble Prize in literature for "having created new poetic expressions within the great American song tradition."
Dylan can not be said to be a literary writer, Dylan's music and lyrics spoke to a generation of people during the tubulous 1960s and helped propagate the civil rights movement. His influence continues to be felt through rock, pop and folk music today.
The award will come as a surprise to some.Probably to prevent criticism ,the Nobel Committee said in a statement that Dylan had "recorded a large number of albums revolving around topics like the social conditions of man, religion, politics and love" and that his words have repeatedly been republished.
"As an artist, he is strikingly versatile; he has been active as painter, actor and scriptwriter," it added.
Dylan's Nobel Prize win stirs fierce social media reaction
'Profound impact on popular music'
Dylan's award will be welcomed by legions of fans around the world.
WHO IS BOB DYLAN?
Dylan born Robert Allen Zimmerman in Duluth, Minnesota, in 1941, he released his first album, "Bob Dylan," in 1962. That title album made up mostly of cover versions of old folk songs.
His second album, 1963's "The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan," contained original songs he had written, such as "A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall" and "Blowin' in the Wind." Dozens more albums came afterwards.
Since those early days, Dylan has to his credit 10 Grammy Awards, including Album of the Year; one Golden Globe and one Academy Award.
In 2008, Dylan won a Pulitzer Prize special citation for "his profound impact on popular music and American culture, marked by lyrical compositions of extraordinary poetic power."
In 2012, he was presented the Medal of freedom by the US President Barack Obama the nation's highest civilian honor. At that time, Obama said, "I remember, you know, in college, listening to Bob Dylan and my world opening up, 'cause he captured something about this country that was so vital."
With Thursday's announcement, Dylan also becomes the 108th winner of the most prestigious literature award in the world.
He's the first American to be awarded the accolade since author Toni Morrison in 1993.

source:http://www.voiceofaudacity.com/2016/10/bob-dylan-wins-2016-nobel-prize-for.html

cc:lalasticlala

Re: NOBEL Prize:bob Dylan Wins 2016 Nobel Prize For Literature!! by Samcent: 8:09pm On Oct 13, 2016
How many roads must a man cross before you call him a man? .......The answer, my friend, is blowin in the wind.... -Bob Dylan.
I think he deserves prize.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Being Homosexual Is A Gift From God And Honourable – Nigerian Gay Pastor / Falz Confesses That He Is Simgle / Jaywon To Charge United Nation To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.