Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

We Are Not Aware Of Chibok Girls’ Release - Defence Headquarters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Not Aware Of Chibok Girls’ Release - Defence Headquarters (832 Views)

The Full Story of Chibok Girls' Release and Ransom Paid - Wall Street Journal / Nigeria Paid €2million Ransom For 82 Chibok Girls' Release - BBC Source / Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Not Aware Of Chibok Girls’ Release - Defence Headquarters by Limitednow: 6:12pm On Oct 13, 2016
​NIGERIA’S military says it is not aware of the twenty one Chibok schoolgirls released by the Boko Haram insurgents on Thursday.

The Defence Headquarters said it is conducting “serious operations to rescue them and other Nigerians in Boko Haram captivity.”

This was contained in a news alert from the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday morning.

It stated: “Military is unaware of the release of some Chibok Girls but serious operations are on to rescue them and other Nigerians in Boko Haram’s captivity – DHQ.”

However, Presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu on Thursday confirmed that 21 of the Chibok girls, out of the over 200 abducted in April 2014, are in the custody of the Department of State Services.

He said in a statement released Thursday, “It is confirmed that 21 of the missing Chibok Girls have been released and are in the custody of the Department of State Services, DSS. The Director-General of the DSS, Malam Lawal Daura has just briefed President Muhammadu Buhari on the matter.”

Shehu added: “The release of the girls, in a limited number, is the outcome of negotiations between the administration and Boko Haram, brokered by the International Red Cross and the Swiss government. The negotiations will continue.”

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/10/we-are-not-aware-of-chibok-girls-release-defence-headquarters/

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Aware Of Chibok Girls’ Release - Defence Headquarters by Pidggin(f): 6:14pm On Oct 13, 2016
Hmmm, we await pictures of the girls. Hope the girls have truly been released

The poster below me was there when the girls were released, let's hear from him
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Chibok Girls’ Release - Defence Headquarters by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:14pm On Oct 13, 2016
Hmmmmm
Observing...........

Hijacked By The Presidency?

Ayam confused but I think the lady above me has something to say

Re: We Are Not Aware Of Chibok Girls’ Release - Defence Headquarters by somez(m): 6:19pm On Oct 13, 2016
Your not aware, but the federal road safety corps are aware. Confused nation.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Aware Of Chibok Girls’ Release - Defence Headquarters by Bizibi(m): 6:22pm On Oct 13, 2016
Abeg make una show any gal make we rest ooooo.....la confusion le incompetente.
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Chibok Girls’ Release - Defence Headquarters by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 13, 2016
But where is lalasticlala sef undecided
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Chibok Girls’ Release - Defence Headquarters by tonio2wo: 6:35pm On Oct 13, 2016
Which kain jagajaga contiri be this sef? undecided
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Chibok Girls’ Release - Defence Headquarters by Bugatie(m): 6:38pm On Oct 13, 2016
Even the defence headquarters are now wailing of being sidelined grin.

Buhari I hail thee

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Aware Of Chibok Girls’ Release - Defence Headquarters by Zedoo(m): 6:39pm On Oct 13, 2016
All of a sudden....boko haramis negotiating with FG n people cant. See the truth
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Chibok Girls’ Release - Defence Headquarters by NOC1(m): 6:42pm On Oct 13, 2016
When I saw the caption I went to the source first, Immediately I saw it I shouted that I will never read this.
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Chibok Girls’ Release - Defence Headquarters by phemmie06(m): 7:06pm On Oct 13, 2016
Na wa if the military were not aware who conducted the rescue operation? I guess na Federal road safety commission in conjunction with LASTMA and KAI did the rescue.
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Chibok Girls’ Release - Defence Headquarters by Luckylife(m): 10:00am On Oct 14, 2016
Government of confusion by extremely confusion rulers for confusion citizens that don't know the obligation of government to them .

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Ten Takeaways From President Buhari's Visit To Germany - Garba Shehu / We Will Ground Nigeria If You Provoke Us: Niger Delta Avengers Warns Buhari / President Buhari Marries Off Daughter, Fatima, For n100,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.