Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release (28457 Views)

The Full Story of Chibok Girls' Release and Ransom Paid - Wall Street Journal / ‘I Stayed In Room Next To Chibok Girl’s’ (photo) / Amina Mohammed Greets Soldiers On Her Way To Chibok Yesterday (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release by StepTwo: 2:13am On Oct 17, 2016
A former military president in Nigeria, General Ibrahim Babangida, has rejoiced with the families, people of Nigeria and indeed Nigerian government over the release of 21 of the abducted Chibok Girls.

In a statement through Mahmud Abdullahi, the Former Military President popularly known as IBB, said it was a thing of joy for the girls to have been reunited with their families after being taken away in such painfully and abrupt manner for over two and half years.

He noted that the release of the 21 girls signalled a hope, after such moments of despair that the abduction of over 200 Schools girls brought to their families, the entire country and the global community.

Hasten Negotiations

General Babangida stated that it was gratifying to see the release of 21 of the girls, after delicate negotiations with the Boko Haram saying that “it is an indication that President Muhammadu Buhari’s government is committed to ensuring safe release of the girls”.

He further applauded the effort of President Buhari and the resilience showed thus far on the release of abducted Chibok school girls despite the general lethargy and dampening spirit caused by the mode of operation of the deadly group.

He also, urged the, Federal Government, security agents and other partners to hasten negotiations to free the remaining girls and rehabilitate them from psychological trauma they might have encountered in the last two and half years.

The former military President reaffirmed his belief in the professional capability of the Nigerian Armed Forces and other security agencies in ensuring that they put an end to the activities of the Boko Haram sect in the northeast completely.

He maintained that the Nigerian Armed Forces had the training and the professional background to end all forms of security threat to the nation such as kidnappings, armed robbery, cattle rustling, farmers-herders clashes and other forms of vandalism.

The former Nigerian leader also called on all Nigerians to offer all forms of assistance to the released Chibok girls in order to overcome the mental, physical and psychological trauma they have gone through over the past two and half.

The Nigerian government had promised to immediately rehabilitate the released girls.

https://www.channelstv.com/2016/10/16/ibb-reacts-chibok-girls-release/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release by Miriam19(f): 2:19am On Oct 17, 2016
Father Lord locate the remaining girls, and bless the Nigerian army for the great job (protect my bf too who's currently in Bauchi)

37 Likes

Re: Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release by Alexk2(m): 2:42am On Oct 17, 2016
Watching the parents shedding tears of joy yesterday @ the thanksgiving ceremony for the released girls really moved me so much.
God, forgive us our sins as a country and solve our many problems and challenges all by yourself....let the release of other abductees be a sign that you're working on us IJN.. Amen.

19 Likes

Re: Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release by jeffizy(m): 3:51am On Oct 17, 2016
How some people still believe it was a scam amazes me.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release by Sibrah: 4:06am On Oct 17, 2016
Where is Asari, the potbelly militant?

7 Likes

Re: Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release by Mynd44: 4:44am On Oct 17, 2016
I think it disheartening that President Jonathan has not released a statement about the Chibok girls. I am not bothered that people like Reno, FFK and Doyin (Formerly) Okupe are quiet as they have always been what they are but these girls were taken while he was president, he headed security meetings where plans (well, I like to think plans were made) to get them back and yet he has lost his voice.

Perhaps he can't find his voice (has a cold), cant do Facebook as he does cos of power supply? (Uncle Fash, please send him some) what is up?

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release by madridguy(m): 5:17am On Oct 17, 2016
I'm proud of you Sai Baba.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release by Nobody: 5:33am On Oct 17, 2016
When the remaining girls are found, what will now be the new work of Ezekwesili oby

2 Likes

Re: Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release by Progressive01(m): 6:00am On Oct 17, 2016
The only people that appear to be upset about this news are PDP and their supporters, especially the ones whose idiotic god is cooling his bleached ass off in a cage in Kuje.

If it isn't hatred fuelled by the most vicious demons from the depths of hell, how could one possibly be angry over the release of innocent children snatched from their dormitory in the dead of the night and held prisoner for over a year with some of them suffering the worst form of abuse- imagine the psychological trauma that accompanies that.

The FFKs, Renos, and Fayoses of this world find it unnecessary commenting on it since it is of far less importance than a statement made my the president regarding the job description of his own wife- a remark with which they've been so preoccupied I could wager my next pay cheque it made them forget their name at some point.

Even the Ineffectual Buffoon under whose watch the incident took place has yet to pen a comment, but if it were some bad incident, he wouldn't have hesitated a moment to do so on his fb page and have iPod Vagabonds flood the place to lick his balls clean.

We are indeed happy over their release and freedom and hope and pray more of those still being held in captivity make their way back to their loved ones.

May God continue to bless Nigeria regardless.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release by Nobody: 6:13am On Oct 17, 2016
This stories about chibok bullsh!t is meant for only the gullibles, more to come soon.

4 Likes

Re: Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release by Nobody: 6:22am On Oct 17, 2016
I still don't know why I think there is something fishy with this Chibok girls release

Something is not right

10 Likes

Re: Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release by Chikpat(m): 6:23am On Oct 17, 2016
The guy above me shud receive more sense in NL

14 Likes

Re: Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release by ishiamu(m): 7:42am On Oct 17, 2016
ok.... fake script fake director fake movie

2 Likes

Re: Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release by Buhari4dullard: 7:59am On Oct 17, 2016
[size=14pt]Buhari could have released them ages ago.
After all he is the Boko Haram spokesman
[/size]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/boko-haram-names-buhari-5-others-as-mediators/

[size=14pt]Imagine Nigerians have the Mediator for Boko Haram as President.
No wonder the so called "Fulani Herdsmen" (they are really Boko Haram) are killing with impunity,
and nothing happens.
[/size]

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release by dunkem21(m): 7:59am On Oct 17, 2016
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 17, 2016
digvats:
only 21 out of 209....and he is rejoicing
im for dey cry na. undecided
Re: Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release by omolola15(m): 8:00am On Oct 17, 2016
jeffizy:

Those ones no get brain

5 Likes

Re: Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release by ihatebuhari(f): 8:03am On Oct 17, 2016
Is this wicked man still alive?
Re: Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release by columbus007(m): 8:06am On Oct 17, 2016
bunch of decievers undecided

2 Likes

Re: Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 17, 2016
IBB has spoken! . He who brings Gworo brings life. Good Morning Nairalanders
Re: Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release by veekid(m): 8:07am On Oct 17, 2016
Fear north
Re: Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release by emmyid(m): 8:09am On Oct 17, 2016
IBB giving advice like a King Solomon! Why is it dat wen our leaders are on power, they act foolish and annoying, but immediately they step down, they become advisors and sympathisers...why?
Re: Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release by buoye1(m): 8:09am On Oct 17, 2016
Thank God for them
Re: Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release by buoye1(m): 8:11am On Oct 17, 2016
Miriam19:
Father Lord locate the remaining girls, and bless the Nigerian army for the great job (protect my bf too who's currently in Bauci)
Bauchi!

Calm down ok, God is with him.. Moreover Bauchi is relatively peaceful

1 Like

Re: Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release by yinkslinks(m): 8:11am On Oct 17, 2016
Scam in the sense that they were abducted for political gain. That is what i feel those saying scam meant oooooooo
jeffizy:

1 Like

Re: Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release by yungeez(m): 8:14am On Oct 17, 2016
They are all part of a big scam...... Has anyone seen any of d girls doing interviews on TV?....only fake pics.... No family members, friends and well wishers has come to express deir joy on social media... Dey are negotiating and book harams are till bombing and soldiers are still bombarding.... Abeg jor make dem return those girls whr dem frm bring dem... Dem say dem nor chop for 40days 4 By camp C as dem fat and fresh... #AllLies

5 Likes

Re: Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release by greggng: 8:15am On Oct 17, 2016
Alexk2:
Watching the parents shedding tears of joy yesterday @ the thanksgiving ceremony for the released girls really moved me so much.
God, forgive us our sins as a country and solve our many problems and challenges all by yourself....let the release of other abductees be a sign that you're working on us IJN.. Amen.

Unfortunately some naive people will say is a scam

1 Like

Re: Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release by Kaybee14(m): 8:16am On Oct 17, 2016
We thank God for their release.
Re: Babangida Reacts To Chibok Girls Release by Miriam19(f): 8:18am On Oct 17, 2016
buoye1:
Bauchi!

Calm down ok, God is with him.. Moreover Bauchi is relatively peaceful

Dts where he was posted to sha

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Need Leaders Like Obasanjo - Oyegun / Emir Of Daura Gave Guinean President The Same Title As Buhari's Son In 2019 / If Jonathan Had Another 3yrs We All Will Be Crossing Sahara To Libya - Itse Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.