Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

When Will Mtn Stop This? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / When Will Mtn Stop This? (580 Views)

Ncdc Stop This Messenges / Help: Advice how I can stop this Fraudster / How Can We Stop This Co-tenant Who Smokes 'weed' Everyday Inside The House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will Mtn Stop This? by Dething: 9:45pm On Oct 13, 2016
Sometimes ago, NCC/CPC told Nigerians that they have restricted mtn from sending pulp-up messages to subscribers, but to my surprise this is still happening.

How long shall we continue to be cheated!

If you are about to drop a call, you get a pulp-up message which will come with the options of yes or no. Mostimes you accept because you won't even see it. The yes is strategically located on a button most people press to drop a call and as soon as you do, you will be charged for one thing you don't even know.

Most times, this message beats your screen locks and give option of yes or no while your phone should be locked. Why?

Most pepple get subscribed to a lot of things they don't need or even know.

I went to visit an old man who could not see properly, he complained to me that his account balance has been funny lately. He is being charged close to N200 per day for different kinds of things. Dance group, cooking tips, cancer tips, caller tone etc. If he loads airtime, all of these mentioned above will be deducted to the tune of about N180 everyday. This is unfair. He was frustrated until I helped him unsubscribe all of them.

Mtn has to stop!

Re: When Will Mtn Stop This? by Baawaa(m): 9:53pm On Oct 13, 2016
Who is CPC NCC I know ,concerning communication in Nigeria
Re: When Will Mtn Stop This? by Dething: 10:05pm On Oct 13, 2016
Baawaa:
Who is CPC NCC I know ,concerning communication in Nigeria

Consumers protection council. This is not even the point.

This point is that MTN has to be stooped. It's unfair!

1 Like

Re: When Will Mtn Stop This? by Luizkid(m): 11:10pm On Oct 13, 2016
the thing is so annoying and am sure they do it on purpose, highest u call customer care they tell u sorry and removed it only for it to happen again
Re: When Will Mtn Stop This? by cassidy1996(m): 11:51pm On Oct 13, 2016
MTN is something else unwanted SMS makes me sick.
Re: When Will Mtn Stop This? by bamirotola: 11:54pm On Oct 13, 2016
This country is soo infested with curruption... dose in power to curb dem has either been bribed or part of their major shareholders, so tell me who will challenge them... that was how they reduced the fined levied against em... until this country tackles issue with all fairness, this country won't move forward...and i'm Glad buhari is starting with the judiciary, cleanse the judiciary, nd a great naation awaits us.... that was how they removed 15 naira from my acct everyday for over 3 years on package I didn't subscribe for... called them times without num, they'l promise to remove it but they wnt..until I threatened dem with court case that was when they stoPped.. so tell me how to get my 15 naira of over 3 years back.... wc is over 20k... these people are cheats.... our govt or leaders are cheat....i pray God will save our laand....
Re: When Will Mtn Stop This? by HoneyBee23(f): 12:04am On Oct 14, 2016
And this won't be in front page cry
Re: When Will Mtn Stop This? by francisbarrack(m): 7:40am On Oct 14, 2016
Start by not loading on d sim for awhile. Etisalat rock.
Re: When Will Mtn Stop This? by Dething: 1:40pm On Oct 14, 2016
I got this one today again.

(1) (Reply)

Crime: Woman Arrested For Kidnapping Teenager In Igbogbo / Suspected Assassins Killed In Rivers State / A Young Man Carrying Human Head Arrested (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.