Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,419 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Pls How Do I Connect A Modem To Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pls How Do I Connect A Modem To Laptop (1839 Views)

Urgent Help Needed: Issues Related To Browsing With A Modem / Who Has A Modem For Sale? / How Can I Browse Using My Bb As A Modem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls How Do I Connect A Modem To Laptop by DozieInc(m): 10:12pm On Oct 13, 2016
Evening all, pls I need your assistance and contributions, I bought and registered a glo SIM today, then I also bought a MODEM ( universal?), on getting home I subscribed to GLO 7.5Gb for 2k then I connected the MODEM to the laptop but no SIGNAL came up, the MODEM is just showing blue light but no connection, Pls what should I do next? because I thought once you insert the MODEM it starts working.
Pls I need your urgent assistance.
Re: Pls How Do I Connect A Modem To Laptop by sotall(m): 10:18pm On Oct 13, 2016
DozieInc:
Evening all, pls I need your assistance and contributions, I bought and registered a glo SIM today, then I also bought a MODEM ( universal?), on getting home I subscribed to GLO 7.5Gb for 2k then I connected the MODEM to the laptop but no SIGNAL came up, the MODEM is just showing blue light but no connection, Pls what should I do next? because I thought once you insert the MODEM it starts working.
Pls I need your urgent assistance.
First you need to install the modem into your laptop.
Do this by inserting your modem into your computer and wait for your system to recognise it. Now goto my computer and on the devices screen, right click on the modem and choose " run.exe" or install the modem .

1 Like

Re: Pls How Do I Connect A Modem To Laptop by Sanni45(m): 10:37pm On Oct 13, 2016
Make sure u insert d modem properly.Does d modem install?

1 Like

Re: Pls How Do I Connect A Modem To Laptop by DozieInc(m): 10:46pm On Oct 13, 2016
Sanni45:
Make sure u insert d modem properly.Does d modem install?
No, it has not install, dont know if i have to install a modem app on the pc.
Re: Pls How Do I Connect A Modem To Laptop by Sanni45(m): 7:07am On Oct 14, 2016
DozieInc:

No, it has not install, dont know if i have to install a modem app on the pc.
U dont need any modem app...D modoem will install all u need itself eg drivers etc..Do wat d guy above asked u to do..And get back to us.Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Pls How Do I Connect A Modem To Laptop by DozieInc(m): 11:52pm On Oct 14, 2016
Many thanks to you @sotall @Sanni45 I appreciate your advise, finally the modem installed kudos to you all in the Computer section, GOD BLESS.
Re: Pls How Do I Connect A Modem To Laptop by Sanni45(m): 3:51pm On Oct 15, 2016
DozieInc:
Many thanks to you @sotall @Sanni45 I appreciate your advise, finally the modem installed kudos to you all in the Computer section, GOD BLESS.
U're most welcome bro

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Cant Access Device Manager On My Windows Xp / Automated Refill Of Computer Ink And Toner Cartridges / Lenovo Thinkpad T440s, Intel Core I7, 256gb Ssd/ 8gb Ram ₦150,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.