Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,918 members, 7,838,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Wike Under Fire For Obstructing Judge’s Arrest - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Under Fire For Obstructing Judge’s Arrest (30112 Views)

Man Arraigned For Obstructing Obaseki’s Convoy & Driving Against Traffic / Wike Under Fire Over Comment On Nigeria’s Indivisibility / PDP Convention: Armed Soldiers Place Wike Under House Arrest (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Under Fire For Obstructing Judge’s Arrest by Osmondinho(m): 6:55pm On Oct 14, 2016
lanreni:

i have read it. and there is nothing that says judicial office holders can not be arraigned in court. the immunity clause does not cover them. the NJC is a statutory body that is still subject to the laws of the land. i don't know which constitution you are reading. i forgot. you are a mumu unrepentant wailer. sorry.

Section 158 (1) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, as amended, has unequivocally provided for the independence of the National Judicial Council vis-à-vis directing or controlling it by any authority or person while exercising its powers.

Section 160 of the 1999 Constitution, Council fashioned out: Judicial Discipline Regulations; The NJC has sole responsibility of disciplining members of the judiciary.

Guy go and read your books.... you are still a loser and a self-servicer. Quote me with facts and precedents or get lost
Re: Wike Under Fire For Obstructing Judge’s Arrest by lanreni: 7:47pm On Oct 14, 2016
Osmondinho:

Section 158 (1) of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, as amended, has unequivocally provided for the independence of the National Judicial Council vis-à-vis directing or controlling it by any authority or person while exercising its powers.

Section 160 of the 1999 Constitution, Council fashioned out: Judicial Discipline Regulations; The NJC has sole responsibility of disciplining members of the judiciary.

Guy go and read your books.... you are still a loser and a self-servicer. Quote me with facts and precedents or get lost
see your educated illiteracy?
did i say any agency can control or direct SJC? DISCIPLINING and PROSECUTING members. are they not two different things? are members of the judiciary not part of the larger society? if they didn't commit any crime worth disciplining, but broke the laws of the larger society, they should not be touched? what if it was a council member of the SJC, he/she should not be touched?it is your likes that encourage sacred cows in the society. zombic- waileism has no cure.
Re: Wike Under Fire For Obstructing Judge’s Arrest by mikolo80: 11:48pm On Oct 14, 2016
Osmondinho:

Sane Nigerians are behind the arrest of judges and other corrupt members of the political class. Some call buhari a dictator but if dictatorship is what is required to sanitize the system you have the support of patriotic Nigerians. Invade the home of looters, break their doors and safes with sledge hammers, brutalize them with your DSS and make them pay for short changing the state. We must sanitize the country for the upcoming generations[/quote
A

Am not in support of the arrest of the judges in any form... NJC are the ones mandated by law of the land to deal with the fate of any judge. no matter how good your intentions are, if you derail in carrying it out through the lay down procedures, you are not better than a criminal.
[quote :

what happens when njc is compromised

Justice must be carried out well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Under Fire For Obstructing Judge’s Arrest by DeepSight(m): 12:58am On Oct 15, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:

They will ban u accordingly. I promise u. Trying hard to twist my written words to gain sympathy? Try harder bro grin

Where is the ban? I haven't seen any.
Re: Wike Under Fire For Obstructing Judge’s Arrest by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:01am On Oct 15, 2016
DeepSight:

Mynd44, Lalasticlala -

He insulted all Nigerians who do not support the Gestapo style arrest of Judges by calling us insane:

He assaulted the rule of law by saying this:

. . . Thereby calling down anarchy on Nigeria of Robespierian proportions.

I therefore urge you to be the Judges in this - no pun intended.

He tried messing with a lawyer ! wink

grin
Re: Wike Under Fire For Obstructing Judge’s Arrest by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 15, 2016
DeepSight:

Where is the ban? I haven't seen any.

shocked shocked
Re: Wike Under Fire For Obstructing Judge’s Arrest by basadenet: 12:14pm On Oct 17, 2016
Thank God one of the judges forcibly arrested had spoken out at last, he made Nigerians belief that he was persecuted for officially discipline the current AGF for misconduct some years back hence decides to humiliate and disgrace the judge when he has opportunity to do so. This is vendetta and abuse of power by the SGF.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oyo State Government Finally Reconstructing Yinka Ayefele’s Music House / Dino Melaye Denies Asking People To Stop Posting His Pictures With Hushpuppi / Okorocha Begged Me To Cover His Illegalities – Uzodimma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.