Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,812 members, 7,862,688 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:43 PM

Conjoined Twins Separate And Undergo Surgery As Individuals - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Conjoined Twins Separate And Undergo Surgery As Individuals (401 Views)

Ronnie and Donnie Galyon: World’s Longest-Living Conjoined Twins Dies At 68 (Pic / Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins At Abuja Hospital,speaker Dogara Pay The Bill(p / Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins In Yola After Hours Of Surgery. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Conjoined Twins Separate And Undergo Surgery As Individuals by todaynewsreview: 12:28pm On Oct 14, 2016
Twin baby boys conjoined at the head were successfully separated early Friday at the Children's Hospital at Montefiore Medical Center in the Bronx.
Jadon and Anias McDonald, 13-month-old twins, were still undergoing surgery at 6 a.m. to reconstruct their skulls and make them whole.

The surgery was led by Dr. James Goodrich, considered the leading expert on what's known as craniopagus surgery. The separation part of the surgery took nearly 16.5 hours.
It marked the seventh separation surgery performed by Goodrich -- and just the 59th craniopagus separation surgery in the world since 1952.
Their parents, Nicole and Christian McDonald, had to make an agonizing decision, opting for the procedure even though it carried major risks, including the possibility of death or long-term brain damage for one or both boys.
Goodrich informed the family of the separation around 3 a.m.
"Well, we did it," Goodrich said.
On her Facebook page, Nicole wrote: "TWO SEPARATE BABIES!!!...and yet I ache with the uncertainty of the future. I didn't cry until the surgeons left the room. I was barely able to even utter the words 'thank you' because of the pit that still sits heavy in my stomach. We are standing on the brink of a vast unknown. The next few months will be critical in terms of recovery and we will not know for sure how Anias and Jadon are recovering for many weeks."

More here: http://www.todaynewsreview.com/p/1771/conjoined-twins-separate-and-undergo-surgery-as-individuals

Re: Conjoined Twins Separate And Undergo Surgery As Individuals by todaynewsreview: 12:28pm On Oct 14, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Ten Healthy Benefits Of Coconuts / Help Me Complete My Nursing Degree In Good Time / Tested And Trusted Forever Living Product Gives A Shortcut To Fix Eyes Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.